C.O.D. Scam

dddave

I ordered from a supplier on Lazada and they said supplier using their own sellers fleet.

They reported as deliver today but no phone call no delivery.

Wrote a report telling Lazada that I think I've been conned.

If I see  "seller using own sellers fleet"  again I will cancell..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I ordered from a supplier on Lazada and they said supplier using their own sellers fleet.

They reported as deliver today but no phone call no delivery.

Wrote a report telling Lazada that I think I've been conned.

Some official stores on Lazada use their own fleet like 3M, Unilever etc which I order from and have never had a problem with.

Obviously lesser retailers might be exposed to a problem.

Tracking your order is the best way to ensure not being scammed and many couriers use branded vehicles, not always I grant you.

• Like 2

Yes, never ever accept unknown CODs. Doing so could imperil your freedom if the contents turn out to be the D word. In these difficult times, starving criminals (and legitimate law enforcement officers) can be driven to perpetrate sophisticated entrapment scams with the sole aim of squeezing out every financial juice from the gullible COD recipient. Don't do it.

Don't. Regardless how tempting the opportunity. Fatal consequences too if you don't happen to have 2 mil baht to pay up while you are being choked with plastic bags.

Edited by mvdf

16 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I'll add another twist to this one.

You order something , they seem to be taking ages to send it so you cancel it. They send it anyway by COD, wife accepts it !

Just because you cancelled a COD purchase  doesnt mean they will stop sending it.

Usually once it's packed or on route you can't cancel it.

I am surprised the OP accepted and paid for something he didn't order, i certainly wouldn't.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I always know whether orders that I have personally made are due for delivery simply because I follow the tracking updates on my phone.

If I pay COD I normally have to correct money put aside well in advance.

If a courier called when I had no outstanding orders I would just reject it even if no payment was due.

Exactly.

I always use COD where I can with Lazada,  if it does not turn up, you don't pay.

Some retailers list goods without the COD option when they have no stock, the order will  automatically expire in due course and the refund goes to the wallet which you have to then claim back. 

About this time last year took me 6 orders to purchase a 22 inch TV, apparently there was a hold up in the supply chain from China yet the product was still being listed, ended up with a Thai model. All a bit of a pain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Some retailers list goods without the COD option when they have no stock, the order will  automatically expire in due course and the refund goes to the wallet which you have to then claim back. 

Not always, I ordered some items recently, paid for the items when I ordered, after a couple of days of being listed as "packed", the order was listed as cancelled and the cost was automatically refunded to my debit card a couple of days later.

My wife always orders COD, I think she has her personal driver, we're often out when the package arrives, that's why I don't use COD, she receives a call and pays the operative by bank transfer.  

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I can't speak for Lazada, but I've ordered "seller's own fleet" items from Shopee where I received the merchandise just fine, but not from the seller's own (non-existent) fleet - the seller just listed it that way in order to offer free shipping without a code. Apparently if they do the shipping through the Shopee system, a shipping charge of at least 23 baht is automatically applied.

36 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

My wife always orders COD, I think she has her personal driver, we're often out when the package arrives, that's why I don't use COD, she receives a call and pays the operative by bank transfer. 

Paying sight unseen would seem to negate the whole reason for using COD in the first place, but I guess she has her reasons ????

14 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Paying sight unseen would seem to negate the whole reason for using COD in the first place, but I guess she has her reasons ????

Frightened of losing her new outfit I think, though to be fair she's never had a problem with anything she's ordered.

• Like 1

I ordered something from Lazada COD. I was out and wife hadn't been to the ATM so no money in the house.

Delivery guy left the package as wife said I would transfer the money when I got home. Which I did.

You guys can pay in advance if you wish.????

Edited by VocalNeal

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I'll add another twist to this one.

You order something , they seem to be taking ages to send it so you cancel it. They send it anyway by COD, wife accepts it !

Just because you cancelled a COD purchase  doesnt mean they will stop sending it.

And my son and his wife ordered some swimming goggles for their daughter from Lazada, to be sent COD from Bkk to Chiang Mai COD.

No delivery after about 2 weeks, son called and was given the name/number of the delivery agent in Chiang Mai. Son called, they said 'too busy, maybe 2 more weeks'. Son asked for their CM address, went there and they demanded 100Baht extra for 'personal service'.

Son picked up the small box from their counter left the actual COD amount on the desk, tooka quick photo of their staff member picking up the money and walked out, receiving some verbal abuse re the 100Baht.

Never heard from them again. Son called Lazada, after 10 minutes of getting no logical response from the Lazada staff member he hung up. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I always know whether orders that I have personally made are due for delivery simply because I follow the tracking updates on my phone.

If I pay COD I normally have to correct money put aside well in advance.

If a courier called when I had no outstanding orders I would just reject it even if no payment was due.

If you have no outstanding orders and the parcel is address to you, you might be better off opening it in front of the driver so he can report it.

Another scam are 'cheap tablets' in the and expensive advertise high end screen resolution android 10 of higher and after the AIDA 64 test low resolution and only android 5.1 or lower fast draining battery and extremely slow.

Ordered 10.1 inch screens they send simply 8 inch screens

Seller told me not to refund unless I give a 5 star rating !! had to send back 3 tablets and after interception by lazada i finally got my money back.

To bad there is no blocking of untruthfully sellers .

Now i bought 2 teclast tablets and they are great cost a little more .....

3 minutes ago, ChiangmaiMax said:

To bad there is no blocking of untruthfully sellers .

This....  

It seems there is not enough effort made on Lazada’s part to control or penalise ‘untruthful’ sellers. 

I purchased a Saddle (from a Thai shop) for my bike (about 4000 baht), I received a very cheap rubbish silicon phone case.

I’d videod and took photos of opening the package because it obviously was not ‘saddle size’.

I messaged and complained to the seller, who ignored my messages. 

I filed for a ‘return item for and get refund’ - the seller did not reply.

I printed the label and retuned the item.

I complained to Lazada who said I have to give the seller more time to reply.

A week later complained again to Lazada who said I have to give the seller more time to reply.

Lazada refunded the amount to my credit card. 

I also pointed out to Lazada that this was an obvious and deliberate scam - Lazada have done nothing, the shop is still selling ! - was it a genuine mistake? if it was, they’d have responded to my repeated messages. 

The issue as I see it - ‘everyone is scamming everyone’ (well a lot are) its difficult to know if it the seller who scams or the customer. 

The customer can also claim they didn’t receive the correct item etc.

Online business relies on a certain degree of honest and it seems there are scam artists everywhere these days. 

Getting items in from China seems to be a 50/50 for receiving something which is serious under quality compared to what the item looks like. 

• Like 1

For those who think COD is not the right way for ordering online you need your heads examined. Would you rather pay for something online and HOPE that you won’t get ripped off or scammed or would you rather wait until you have the goods in your hands and checked them BEFORE you pay for them like you do in shops? It’s a no-brainer. If you pay for delivery of a box into your hand without knowing anything about it or open it and check to make sure all is good then I’m afraid you’re the perfect target for scammers and will learn the hard way just like the OP. 

Edited by AustinRacing

7 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Not always, I ordered some items recently, paid for the items when I ordered, after a couple of days of being listed as "packed", the order was listed as cancelled and the cost was automatically refunded to my debit card a couple of days later.

In the 10 years or so I have been with lazada I have never had a cancelled order or a return refunded to the card, always the wallet. A few years back it wasn't so much of a problem as I could order from the wallet but they stopped that and I now have to transfer from the wallet to my bank account.

Know what you mean about the driver, we have 3 properties and there is goods arriving every day. I do not go very far so usually take them in, quite often the packages are marked Baan Falang. My niece pays the driver by bank transfer and sometimes when we have been out she has done that for my COD.