Chonburi Governor releases orders around Covid-19 and food and beverage establishments in Mueang Chonburi district

snoop1130

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

meaning what?

What do you think will happen?

Japan on its 6 lockdown.. amazing to be honest with you so what are the chances for Thailand plus other better developed neighbouring countries .. 

9 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I am certainly not taking any tests. If it means i can't stay in a hotel or eat in a restaurant so be it. I will stay home.

Why? 

Sounds like cutting off one's own nose to spite ones face, or foot stomping. I am not enamored by the idea of some oik jamming a long Q-Tip up my nose each time I went out to eat, but if I could do one myself that lasted a week, I would go along with it. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Benmart said:

I don't need restaurants for food and too bad the hysteria has gotten this far...again.

I dislike ordering from take away services, seems sad, creates too much litter and is an infection risk too..... Just feel the Mrs deserves a break now and again.....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

2. All customers, regardless of the size of the venue and regardless of the customer’s vaccination or recovery status, must take a Covid-19 antigen test within 72 hours of the current time period to dine-in. The venue can arrange for on-site testing or accept qualified test results.

They'll just go eat elsewhere.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

It’s going to take a couple of more years to sort this mess out here in Thailand plus a much better experienced government..

Were screwed then, because this lot seemed to be firmly entrenched, and if the PM does decides to step aside he'll have the say in who replaces him.

2 hours ago, wombat said:

SNAFU

1641373519823..jpg

What's the science behind what they are wearing here?  Since covid enters through the nose, mouth and eyes, what purpose does the plastic overboots serve - for example?   

How long until we are forced to cover our flip flops with a plastic overboot to "prevent the spread of the virus"?   If implemented I have no doubt the usual suspects would be along to justify plastic overboots with the usual defences such as:

1. It's only a minor inconvenience.

2. There is no evidence they do not work.

3. It would be much worse if we were not wearing the plastic overboots.

4. It's just until the virus is under control. 

5. Name calling - plastic boot denier for example.  

6. If it saves just one life it is worth it.

Edited by James105
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

What's the science behind what they are wearing here?  Since covid enters through the nose, mouth and eyes, what purpose does the plastic overboots serve - for example?   .  

That is how they were dressed when I arrived at Padang Besar on 5th Feb 2020, at that point in time nobody really knew what they were dealing with.

If other countries had reacted similarly in Jan 2020 things may not have escalated in the way they did.

The purposes of lockdown and quarantine was to buy time to mitigate the effects of covid, be it vaccine, meds, or adequate hospital care.

Until Thailand can catch up on these, they will continue with these measures or accept a high body count.

They really should focus on getting in the vaccine rather than blocking it.

Not a covid mortality, this old friend of mine died years ago and I have copied his Obituary below.  I've tried to follow in his footsteps but find myself being called everything from a conspiracy theorist to a heretical unorthodox disbeliever of the true faith of Idiocracy.  RIP my friend, I think of you often.

Common Sense - An Obituary

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

• Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
  • Why the early bird gets the worm;
  • Life isn't always fair; and
  • Maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers;

• I Know My Rights
  • I Want It Now
  • Someone Else Is To Blame
  • I'm A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Can someone explain why it is that coronavirus can only be caught in a restaurant and is especially transmittable in those restaurants that serve alcohol. 

Put another way why is it that I can't get covid and therefore don't need to be tested when I go on a BTS train, a baht bus, into a 7/11 into a Maakro, Tesco Lotus, or Big C.  Even more puzzling is why I don't need to be tested since I must not be able to get Covid while visiting a hospital to get a vaccine shot, or a medical check up.  Its funny since I was at Queen Sirkit last week and there would not only hundreds of people inside but the waiting rooms were enclosed and people had to be seated shoulder to shoulder. 

Its amazing how Covid only rears it ugly head at restaurants. 

i was in Queen Sirkit hospital last week why didn't you say hello ..do you thing we caught anything ..   i just think that if all the soi's 6  7..          in particular didnt kill me over the years Covids got a bloody challenge on its hands lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1