Pub-like Eateries to Be Closed at Level 4 COVID Alert

snoop1130

16 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

Meanwhile the UK has just announced that they no longer require a PCR on or before day 2 after arrival and have replaced it with a LFT? They have also scrapped the requirement to isolate until you get the result?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an LFT?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, snowgard said:

With mask, yes!!! Did the people in the bars/restaurant wear masks? NO!!!

Results: 

1. Active case finding at restaurants that sell alcohol in Pattaya and Banglamung, 23 cases
  2. Active case finding at restaurants that sell alcohol in Bang Saen and Wonnapa Beach in Mueang Chonburi, 20 cases
  3. Active case finding in students at Burapha University in Mueang Chonburi (staffers and customers at restaurants that sell alcohol), 45 cases

But there is no proof of masks working. And in counties that adhered to strict and quality wearing of masks, they did nothing to reduce the people catching it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, chrissables said:

But there is no proof of masks working. And in counties that adhered to strict and quality wearing of masks, they did nothing to reduce the people catching it.

Who tell you this nonsens? Do you can't read? 
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

Google will show you a lot of evidence but this not help against braindead people!!!
https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+proof+mask+working

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Ah the old why don't they do something about this because the thing i like is under threat.

There is a difference between essential travel (that they are curbing because of work from home) and recreation.

But at least int he sky train the masks stay on unlike in bars and people dont voluntarily get closer or swap saliva (you know the thing girls and guys do when they get all hot and bothered after some alcohol) regularly.

Seriously if you can't see the difference, you are probably a bit bias and dependent on bars for entertainment. 

I get it sucks, but to compare essential services with non essential is not the way to go. 

Anyway they do same in the west, close bars and discos first as they are prime places for virus spread. But are more hesitant to stop public transport as that means people can't get to their work. I know for some its a valid comparison as it makes their hobby look less bad. 

I am certainly not against bars to each his or her own but to deny its a problem is a bit crazy. But did you not get the memo where they advice people to work from home and the government is doing the same (that was a topic that was shot down as saying people in the goverment are lazy but then we got people like you saying they should not be in the sky train so whatever people decide its never good according to the Thaivisa experts).

I like almost everyone wish that this nightmare was over, i love to travel without problems go to croweded places like before. But that is just not a good idea. You see that hospitals are having problems in the west. Its not that far in Thailand yet but during the previous wave people died in streets and home and were searching for places in hospitals (maybe you forgot that too). 

I cant imagine that people want those times to return. 

Very rarely go to bars, sorry to disappoint your wrong vision of me.

You are arguing that essential travel is ok to spread covid, but relaxing in a bar is not. How strange.

There is little to zero proof that masks work at all anyway.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, robblok said:

Im just giving you the reasonable explanation for bars, for restaurants the reason is that they will function as bars as soon as nobody is looking. Problem in Thailand is that they wont follow the rules. If they were sure it would be one glas of wine and not give me a box of crackers and 5 beers (you know what i mean) You also know how rules are flaunted here. That is why there are bans. Because they are lazy to check and enforce and the people love flaunting the rules finding ways around them.

I do agree with you Robblok fully (except last sentence :+). It's not that they are lazy (actually I am wrong as they are lazy as a nation except those in the fields) that they get away with non-compliance, its because the police see it as a way to make graft and therefore unofficially sanction it for private agreements.

13 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I have a few hobbies, although sipping a few & women top the list for enjoyment level, usually.

I excel at being a LPOS, and doing absolutely nothing.  Works while stationary, or rolling around on 2 or 4 wheels.

Unless you have interest in same hobby, talking about it would bore you and most, so exchange thoughts about those hobbies elsewhere.  No great desire to talk about women, when single, as I'd rather play in the game, than armchair conversation.

Looking at a few snaps might be interesting, until it's not.  Same with vid:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/56481061@N02/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gChDEVJz40

You'd be surprised what people are into, they just don't feel the need to share.  Others, you're probably glad they don't share ...  ????

What why would i a gamer / workout idiot / computer geek / non alcohol drinker be bored by photography. Its not for me. I always seem to make the wrong pictures (according to my gf's). But to each his and her own.

Point was more if you consider a year lost because of woman and beer id think there should be more in life. I especially said im not judging.

But photography is a great hobby for many. I prefer looking at good pics then taking them myself. Just not good at it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Very rarely go to bars, sorry to disappoint your wrong vision of me.

You are arguing that essential travel is ok to spread covid, but relaxing in a bar is not. How strange.

There is little to zero proof that masks work at all anyway.

Strange in your world, not in mine. You can't prevent all spread. Then you have to limit it. Travel for work is essential otherwise country comes to a standstill. Now no open bars hurts some people but not as much a country comming to a total standstill.

So yes id say essential travel to work after government is encouraging working from home already is ok. (can't stop it without shutting the country down). So im just choosing what is the most useful for the country. Not what i like best.

Zero proof that masks work.. ok ga have fun somewhere else. There is proof enough if used properly and the right masks.

Why is it that Thailand doesn't check vaccinated people? In Europe, you can't go to work or public indoor places without a Green Pass. Here, they have those silly temp checks everywhere which are basically useless.

I agree that proof of vaccination isn't a total guarantee, but it's a good step in that direction, and they could let many business stay open with reduced risk. Also, as a plus, encourage reluctant people to get vaccinated (I know the no-vaxx will hate this).

• Thanks 1

I agree that intoxicated people, or those crowded into a licensed room drinking socially are a problem when it comes to transmission but equally are the groups of young (mostly) men who, when they can't do so, buy from the 7-Eleven or local store and have informal parties into the early hours. I'm not for a moment suggesting that alcohol sales are banned but there is a glaring hypocrisy when CP's stores are allowed to sell booze that fuel these parties (they were quite a feature of my neighbourhood during the last booze ban) whilst more controlled outlets are not.

Why are they allowed to? Because we are talking CP, ThaiBev and BoonRawd, each of whom have substantive control of this government, and each of whom had big profit jumps in 2020/21. As always, follow the money.

2 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Why is it that Thailand doesn't check vaccinated people?

I've been asked for my vax certificate three times this week in bars and restaurants and places like Samui have it as a requirement to get their green pass. I've had to show mine often when there. You also need to show it to board a plane etc.

13 hours ago, robblok said:

Sorry to be logical, its not only logic its the truth.

I am not out to rid the countries of bars. But can you deny what i am saying. That once alcohol flows people forget about social distancing and rules and bar owners cant and wont enforce. I mean its the truth.

Now if i was an alcoholic or a bar lover I would not be that happy with this logic either because it deprives me of my fun.

But it does not change the fact that this logic holds. (unfortunately)

I could not care less if bars are open or closed but the logic holds and bars are ideal for spreading covid. 

There is a reason why in the west they closed bars and clubs first too. Its not just Thailand. 

Many on this forum are here for the bars the girls and are now bored to death. I get it. But nobody likes this. I would have loved for all this to be over and have a holiday with my parents. But with these rules im not letting them come over.

There is more chance of getting COVID in the daily markets or weekly walk in Streets than going into a bar or eatery that if your lucky will have 20 people inside 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazykopite said:

There is more chance of getting COVID in the daily markets or weekly walk in Streets than going into a bar or eatery that if your lucky will have 20 people inside 

What's your point? You want supermarkets to close?

1 minute ago, crazykopite said:

Not really. The most dangerous places are enclosed spaces without proper ventilation. It's possible to get it outdoors but very rare. The bug also dies quickly if hit by UV which is why getting it from surfaces is pretty much unknown (the CDC says there are no known cases) and idiotic things like spraying roads cause more health risk than COVID.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Not the alcohol, it's the environment it's consumed in.

Imagine humans desiring to be in a crowd in the middle of a pandemic, wanting to be seen by others and yakking to others about nothing at all, ogling the scenes around them, sitting at a table with a glass of alcohol in front of them and thinking to themselves they have reached nirvana. How ridiculous is this human behavior.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Not the alcohol, it's the environment it's consumed in.

And your statistics on this are?  Maybe you are going to quote the health minister that said when you drink your throat muscles relax and you are more likely to spread the virus that way. Clowns all around. 

20 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Why is it that Thailand doesn't check vaccinated people? In Europe, you can't go to work or public indoor places without a Green Pass. Here, they have those silly temp checks everywhere which are basically useless.

I agree that proof of vaccination isn't a total guarantee, but it's a good step in that direction, and they could let many business stay open with reduced risk. Also, as a plus, encourage reluctant people to get vaccinated (I know the no-vaxx will hate this).

Why not just treat people like adults, if you don’t feel well stay home. It seems to be the way things were done prior to 2019. The human race is still here so maybe that worked. History shows what happens when tyrants start asking for papers please. A guy with a funny mustache did something close to it in the beginning. 

• Like 2