Thai authorities searching for six European men who left Koh Chang after testing positive for Covid-19

webfact

Just now, mtls2005 said:

Our next "infected tourist hunt" will commence in 12 hours.

Have any thais done a runner?

Oh why did you even have to go there....lol...Thais and runners let me see.....hmmm.....how long is a piece of string.

14 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

This isn't a great example as, while many people probably do get annoyed at it, foreigners, minorities, etc., do generally get things their way most of the time.  The UK is very much a "they're guests here and a minority so we must change hundreds of years of history and culture to prevent them from feeling marginalised or offended".   You can kind of see why people then get a bit annoyed when they travel abroad and suddenly find that it's "you are guests here and a minority so you must do whatever we say".

Their country, their rules - applies anywhere.

Remember the old adage - When in Rome.........

34 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Their country, their rules - applies anywhere.

Not particularly relevant to what I said.

34 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Remember the old adage - When in Rome.........

...do as the Romans do?  You think foreigners can behave like Thais?  Doesn't that directly contradict your first sentence?

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2022 at 9:35 AM, BangkokReady said:

But the thousands of people there already with covid are no big deal?  Do they think this is March 2020 with ~100 cases a day and they're going to trace and test all their contacts?  The pretense over foreigners with covid is laughable.

I'm genuinely surprised at how I am still genuinely surprised by how the Thai authorities are handling covid!

Thai Authorities?? Soldiers?? :cheesy: :cheesy:

14 hours ago, Partenavia said:

This story has been badly reported. This could well have been their 2nd test, and they may be unaware they have come up positive. 

Pretty well has to have been, since there are no T&G facilities on Koh Chang.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DKA1961 said:

Apart from being stupid or retards, I don't understand why they would leave after testing positive???

True, they must have had the insurance required to enter the country, so why do a runner? Or is that a silly question?

20 hours ago, moe666 said:

I have a friend who works in Bangkok she tested positive 4 days ago, she is now in a hospitel waiting on treatment. The hospitals are full now you will lockdown at home. You people have to much sympathy for deadbeats who run away after their test. If you have the covid man up and take your medicine.

We are not all prepared to pay the 100.000 to 200.000Baht hospital treatment scam. Anyway, my insurance company is not continuing my insurance, so if I am forced into hospital for treatment, then they can sing for their 100.000 odd Baht.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

They didn't do a runner. 

Agreed.

But even if they did, the alleged "crime" is the same as not wearing a mask, not maintaining social distancing or not washing your hands. See also littering and jaywalking. Hardly "Crimes of the Century".

So folks should put their pitchforks down before they put out their eye. 

• Like 2

Maybe they should start putting chains and shackles on tourists until they are deemed covid free and eligible to travel, the same as they do for new prisoners in Thai gaol. It would quite the novelty for tourists or youtubers to film the shackles being removed after their test and go or sandbox period expires.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Not particularly relevant to what I said.

...do as the Romans do?  You think foreigners can behave like Thais?  Doesn't that directly contradict your first sentence?

Doesn't contradict anything I have said.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

I worry about the numbers of travelers that get on a plane negative and disembark positive but no symptoms. Seems to happen a lot

Ur rigth.But the people who take the risk dont get it yet.They take the chance and migh be locked up in a hospitel.

28 minutes ago, michael888 said:

Why is this garbage still up on this site?  They didn't violate any rules.  The hospital told them they didn't have to come back for their results.  They were still on the island.  

It's even worse, another thread has just been raised an hour ago with their pics in the headline

• Sad 1