Things to consider before deciding to retire in Thailand

ASEAN NOW Sales

On 1/11/2022 at 2:53 PM, Janik said:

What about those visa agents that can do the retirement visa?
I ask because I've gotten conflicting info going from "Been doing it for 15 years, it's no problem" to "That'll send you to Bangkok Hilton"

Try visiting your local immigration office first, and ask for guidance.  They can help steer you to the right visa and what’s required.

8 minutes ago, Guderian said:

This article only discusses the requirements for an OA visa, whereas most retirees use extensions based on a Non-Imm O Visa. General medical insurance with a specific level of coverage is a requirement for those people with an OA visa, but not for those using a Non-Imm O, unless things have changed since I last looked. Basically, the article is a red herring as it discusses what's needed to follow the route used by a minority of expats here.

Has not changed.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2022 at 5:48 PM, stigar said:

'Im sick and tired of this BS..they try to convince people that this country is so good.ITS NOT!!!!

Good as its gets in your mind, but when you start doubt, thats when the problem starts ????

Right now I can live with the flaws, in the future, not so sure

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

Well, one of my friends is living in Pattaya. 

Alone in his condo 15 people are using the service of an agent and many of them since years. 

Its more or less common in Pattaya. An easy way to stay for people over 50 years old, who don't can afford the financial requirements or don't want their money blocked in a bank account. 

When that window closes, what then? It is jut a matter of time

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Well,

I enjoy the scenery and culture every day:

Everywhere littering, burning waste including plastic and paint, throwing waste out of your Car, biting wild dogs everywhere, of course without any owner, increasing hostility against foreigners, inability of self control, drug addicts even behind the wheels, double pricing, aso aso.

Time to leave and settle in SPAIN.

Of course you can't bite the dogs if the owners are around. ????

Actually I have a place in Spain but currently staying here in LOS,  still deciding where to stay for good.

Where in Spain you thinking.