COVID Insurance Arranged for Visitors upon Arrival

webfact

1 hour ago, flbkk said:

From the piece  yesterday, I thought this money was for some vague notion of promoting tourism, and some mention about health expenses, probably to reimburse hospitals that didn’t get paid by foreign  patients, not to actually indemnify people for their hospital bills

That's what I read months ago when the 300b was first touted.

12 minutes ago, ddotmark said:

Can you imagine an Airbus 380 landing, then dealing with the 540 passengers. Now add multiple flights landing about the same time with thousands of passengers. I see total confusion and mayhem at the airports. 

They see huge piles of cash to be carved up between the Department of Health Service Support, the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and the Office of the Insurance Commission!

I wonder what the "fee" to be paid for being rostered as desk supervisor for a shift which expects a dozen or so wide bodied international arrivals will be?

The chaos and queues are good, more people likely to pay up to get out of the mess...

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ddotmark said:

I can image the total mayhem this is going to cause at the airport arrivals. People are going to be completely confused. How will Thailand deal with all the questions that will be asked by confused arrivals?  Will you have to buy this policy before passing through Immigration? How will you know if you need to buy this insurance or not?  Can you imagine all the arriving passengers reading an Insurance document and trying to understand all the fine print? Will one policy cover a family or will you have to have separate policies for each family member? Where will you fill out the forms for the Insurance?  So many questions...  

Can you imagine an Airbus 380 landing, then dealing with the 540 passengers. Now add multiple flights landing about the same time with thousands of passengers. I see total confusion and mayhem at the airports. 

I think you've uncovered a niche market 

Like near Immi and driving Offices little shacks with locals to copy fill forms , rent a stool 

I suggest you send a LARGE brown envelope to Bling Power , who knows a massage while you read the small print in every language. I'm sure every member staff will be able to read the pre exisitng and your next of kin in Mongol, Greek, Urdu and Cyrillic?

Pre ATM local sim enabled be paying  with Kazak Tenge /Puntland shekels, Venezuelan trillion Bolivars , Perhaps a suitcase of Zimbabwe "currency" Chinese Kwai preferred and would you like anything for the weekend sir our special "Run over a Cop and get away free scheme", shares in Hopewell , Tobacco tin bum detector with a free  lucky Chattercome necklace?

Welcome to Thighland everything passable, Where's the con rising  "UP TO YOU"

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, charmonman said:

I am constantly amazed by the sheer amount of shoddy journalism out there.

Thais are taught almost from birth not to ask questions. It's deeply ingrained into both the culture and the education system. Hardly a great foundation to be a journalist. How often do we see on tv news crowds of journalists gathered around someone speaking, with never a question asked.

I've worked with Thai journalists and not one of them would last a week in the real world. One even made three errors in his opening paragraph. That is quite an achievement.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

As I'm physically there myself, I can only concur.

Spain:

Cádiz: Daytime weather: 20, night time: 12.

Canary Islands: Daytime weather: 22, night time: 14.

Portugal:

Lisbon: Daytime weather: 16, night time: 11.

"UK":

Gibraltar: Daytime weather: 15, night time: 12.

And in case you're really in the mood:

Cyprus:

Limassol: Daytime weather: 17, night time: 13.

What's the covid situation there now?

Read entry is restricted through France,  lots of rumours.

So tired of the pantomime

1 hour ago, Dialemco said:

UK Insurance companies pay hospitals direct for medical treated they have been notified and covered by their policy. The so called Thai Covid Insurance only pays after hospital bills have been paid provided for actual medical treatment. The Thai compulsory Covid insurance should be cancelled as not fit for purpose  

In a lot of less than first world countries you need to pay for hospital services in advance. They don’t bill you after and hope you pay. Stop thinking you are back home. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, pattayapip said:

"doctor says I need need to go to a hospital" Exactly, But what is Asymptomatic but still need to be isolated / Quarantined Due to Government Regulations . . 
If you are actually sick and "Need" Hospital treatment fine . . 

That is covered as long as it is not your choice. Again, it varies by insurance. Clarify with them before you buy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

to sell COVID-19 insurance policies to the visitors

You mean the new ฿300 tourist tax doesn't cover the insurance premium? 

Edited by djayz
  • Like 1

To me the answer is simple...If you don't like the rules /laws of Thailand ......Don't come...I object to fo

foreigners coming to my home country and demanding the laws are changed to suit them.

Edited by p414
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Road Warrior said:

at last a a sensible move by the government,

They are supposed to be already insured upon arrival through registering for an entry approval.  You can not just jump on a plane and fly here like the good old days.  Many steps to take.  Unless of course the registration step of providing insurance to be approved was not reviewed and all that was submitted was a piece of toilet paper.  Sounds more like someone has screwed the pooch and now they are going overboard to correct the issues.....

Of course this could be another way they are trying to ensure all foreigners in the country have insurance like they forced upon the O-A Visa holders for arrival and then extensions of stay.  If this is the case then the entire ex-pat community needs to sit up and take notice.

• Like 1