I would Do Anything for Thais, but I Won't Do THAT!

2long

24 minutes ago, Screaming said:

I used to like to eat Thai food in my Western country but when I moved to Thailand, I stopped eating it. The quality of the food and the cleanliness of the food preparation turned me off to Thai food. If you go into most malls in Thailand you will find it very difficult to find a typical Thai restaurant. That is because typical Thai food is prepared in the street or on the public sidewalk among the pollution of the city.

Food-Poisoning-in-Thailand.jpg

What is typical Thai food? Most of us never eat typical Thai food, but some few do yes. Those who live with family in the villages, but also very few of them live on local food only. 

• Like 2

sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it, and solving this problem obviously hasn't been a piece of cake for you.

i can see how after a hard day bringing home the bacon you'd want to eat in peace, and that having someone help themselves to your food isn't your cup of tea.

but in the end of the day i suggest you chill out and take it as a pinch of salt.

1 minute ago, Adumbration said:

I live almost entirely on local food.  Seafood I catch each day myself and fruit, veges and herbs from our farm.  I buy chicken and pork in town at present but once the fence lines are finished I will be raising my own chickens.

Well, I understand eating local food can be understood different ????

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Screaming said:

I used to like to eat Thai food in my Western country but when I moved to Thailand, I stopped eating it. The quality of the food and the cleanliness of the food preparation turned me off to Thai food. If you go into most malls in Thailand you will find it very difficult to find a typical Thai restaurant. That is because typical Thai food is prepared in the street or on the public sidewalk among the pollution of the city.

Food-Poisoning-in-Thailand.jpg

I am the same

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

village thai's always love a free feed doesn't matter what nationality is cooked

Not only Thais, you see when a bar have free hot dogs, burgers, or appetizers, the bar is full, and when food is gone? Those who you have never seen before, are gone to

• Like 2

1 minute ago, captainjackS said:

The only things I refuse to do the "local thai way" are usually related to safety.  For example, using an angle grinder or rotary hammer without safety glasses, electrical (the list of avoidable hazards is too long to write here), riding motorbike or driving on the wrong side of a divided highway.  I think too many people here believe in luck more than risk management.

So you also sit on the floor and dip your fingers in to the different  food plates together with the others? 

Respect!

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1