Thailand welcomes foreign tourists again as “Test&Go” scheme relaunched today under new requirements

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, FalangKino said:

Everything to do with immigration in this country is so unnecessarily difficult with many hurdles to do things that really doesn't need to be that complicated.

I renewed my retirement extension and files a new 90-day report a week past Monday. Took about 20 minutes. The drive to and from immigration was longer.

YMMV

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, mickj88 said:

Someone should let the Thai embassy know, the UK embassy still has no link to application for test and go. We booked a flight on Dec 19th for the Mrs to fly out on Jan 10 only for them to cancel all applications from Dec 20th which stopped going as the confirmation didn't arrive before we could get hers in. That has cost me over £200 and now we have to pay for another test costing a further £100 so all in all at present I'm going to be  £300 down. No doubt the flights will be more expensive now too. I read all the time on here, people banging on about the tourists , what about the poor Thais trying to get home to see their families. Poor lass hasn't seen her ailing mum for 3 years  and unless they relax the entry restrictions then I may never see my mother in law again. If I go in April as originally planned I cant afford to stay in BKK for 6 days waiting on a 2nd test. There are no SHA+ hotels up in Isaan for me to check into on the 5th day , so 6 days in BKK puts £600+ on to my visit. I doubt the TAT realise that a hell of a lot of their tourists actually arn't  toutists but are spouses and when these spouses visit they spend more than most tourists as they generally  have a weeks holiday and then spend money treating their inlaws. I would guess between the Mrs and myself we spend over £3k in the month we are usually there but that will not happen if its costing us an extra £1k just to get into the place .

I think there are some hotels in Khon Kaen. I'll try to find where I saw them

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand has widened its door once again for international arrivals from all countries as it relaunched its “Test&Go” scheme and the registration of “Thailand Pass” today, February 1st.

The door maybe ajar but the safety chain is still attached.

Double vaxxed, PCR test before departure, one on arrival.

No more SHA+ rubbish.

Arrivals will be as protected if not more than anyone in Thailand.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, smedly said:

book hotel 2x nights for PCR testing on 1st and 5th day 

after the 1st test you are free to go out and mingle and get infected 

2nd test on 5th day test positive ................................ banged up your 3 week holiday ruined

anyone that agrees to this needs their head looked at 

there are now 200 positive tests in Phuket every day that are listed as  "from abroad" these are people who test positive within 7 days after arriving in Thailand - over 2000 per week   

Just wondering where they are putting most of these 2000?