Canadian man shot to death at a pool villa in Phuket, was shot at least ten times

webfact

18 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:
18 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

He did have a Canadian passport but was kicked out back to India. 

Ah. I thought so. So the headline was wrong. He was an Indian not a Canadian..

Does it really matter now he's a dead gang banger?

18 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

So glad I live way up here and not somewhere starting with P.

So, how are things in Phitsanulok?

Edited by NanLaew

21 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

He was Indian and deported from Canada years ago for gangster activities per below.

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/former-b-c-gangster-shot-to-death-in-thailand

With such a hail of bullets, it was obviously a gangland hit job...most likely among foreigners (Thais wouldn't waste so many bullets).

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, connda said:

Thailand:  Foreign Tourist Safety is first and foremost in the hearts and minds of the TAT and other officials.  Never mind the shootings and machete murders - nothing to see here - "Move along!"

Phuket: Safe and effective (at reducing the number of foreigners).
No doubt we will soon hear that the Canadian guy was a 'bad man.'

He sure was...your Thai slam an utter fail.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, steven100 said:

it'll be drugs or money owed.   imo

Could also simply be retaliation for others.  He had an interesting past.

I agree though if this is the type of crime that Phuket has then please continue and make the world safer.

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yet they didn't report this story and the original  reporters got the information  wrong but the DM got it right.

They didn't report the story because this is a "non story". These sort of crimes happen everyday.

The only reason why the Daily Mail reported it is because if fits their racist agenda narrative, sensationalism towards an "asian criminal being banged in Asia", they are a fear mongering tabloid.

Looking at the article in itself, let's have a quick peek, shall we? Emphasis in bold and underline below are mine:

A notorious gangster been found dead after being repeatedly shot outside a luxury villa in Thailand. 

Singh, who was allegedly part of a Canadian gang, was six years ago deported for 'serious criminality' from Vancouver, British Colombia, before fleeing to the popular holiday island of Phuket.

Mandeep Singh, 30, was six years ago deported for 'serious criminality' from Vancouver, British Colombia, before fleeing to the popular holiday island of Phuket. Pictured, police at the scene 

They hid behind another vehicle parked in the driveway before pouncing on the gangster and opening fire, unloading at least 18 rounds into his body while he was on the ground.

Nineteen torn 9mm and .830 bullets, some cash and marijuana were found when the vehicle and crime scene were investigated

Police said that Singh arrived in Thailand on January 27 on a tourist visa and that the gangster also allegedly had a home in Dubai, around six hours away by plane.

The police chief added: 'Officers examined CCTV footage at the scene of the crime and found that on February 4, at around 10.30pm, the deceased arrived in a red MG vehicle.

'In front of the villa at the scene while getting out of the car to enter the villa, there were two or three male assailants running in from a dark corner using firearms to fire until Mr Singh fell to his death, with the assailant taking only 10 seconds to commit the crime. They then ran back in the original direction.

Nineteen torn 9mm and .830 bullets, some cash and marijuana were found when the vehicle and crime scene were investigated.  

The gangster was known as Slice, due to a big scar on his right cheek, the Vancouver Sun reported.  

So what do we have here?

A right wing biased article that mentions 4 times the word gangster, gangster, gangster, gangster followed suit by the words crime/criminal/criminality being used no less than 6 times, criminality, criminality, crime, crime, crime, crime.

Meanwhile the word victim was used only once.

If after that you still can't read between the lines, I'm sorry I can't be of further assistance to you.

Edit: Oh and before I forget, "congratulations" to the Daily Mail for fully publishing and disclosing in the article his full Passport details page, his full Canadian driving license page along with a full copy of one of his debit/credit cards (all we're missing is the CCV at the back). Very smart "journalism" right there. This is NOT proper journalism. Muppets.

Edited by NanaSomchai
  • Confused 2

On 2/5/2022 at 8:33 AM, lopburi3 said:

He was Indian and deported from Canada years ago for gangster activities per below.

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/former-b-c-gangster-shot-to-death-in-thailand

Following your link and reading deeper he might have been suspected with links to rivalry shootings..

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/guilty-pleas-in-jonathan-bacon-murder-coming-tuesday

Edited by NightSky

On 2/5/2022 at 3:32 PM, ChipButty said:

On the TV it says around 20 cartridges found and it's around Sai Yuan road, I live near this I'll ask the local som tam queen she will know,

Shot 10 times thats some serious shooting must have more than one gun

someone didn't wish him well.

This guy was an immigrant to Canada from India and subsequently deported from Canada due to his gangland activities including hits on other gangs! The fact he was able to travel so freely around Asia shows a complete disconnect between international police forces and immigration. Most of the crime in Vancouver is gangland related and while it has happened, for the most part innocent people rarely get caught up in it. Although the gang hits are getting much more open such as a recent one at the posh Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel parking lot in downtown Vancouver, that happened in daylight hours????

On 2/5/2022 at 3:45 PM, zib said:

Should have had ColorVU. Few

Many confused reply so I'll clarify. It's a Phuket "inside"-thing about cctv cameras from Hikvision. Been replacing cameras with ones with their ColorVU-technology. Clear color picture in complete darkness and the price is 15% over others. 

No it's not a commercial. Just mindblown ????