Does your wife do this?

2long

No - but if she/we are going from one place to another in the same vicinity she just leaves it in place....

Other than that, no, not when driving point A to point B....I never see her leave the driveway with a mask....

4 hours ago, connda said:

Nope.  Mrs. Connda detests masks.  They only go on when absolutely necessary and comes off as soon as they can.

When is "absolutely necessary" for you? When it is expected by others already? Or just if you really cannot enter the plane for example?

With the latter I sadly agree, not possible to avoid ????

But good for you to have such a good Mrs! I feel almost sorry for all these expats with authority obedient Thai Wife and obviously no control over their wife ???? Their wife listens more to authorities than to their man LOL

They complain how their wives do this and that, for example driving car and wearing masks, and still they are together with them. Beta Males in their primetime lol

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, 2long said:

Is your wife on the same level of intelligence/obedience?

She doesn't wear it when in the car, although it hangs around her chest ready to wear it when she exits the car, smart girl my Mrs.

On the other hand in the village when she goes to the local market and comes back unpacking all the veggies and that, she will be talking away for a few minutes until I let her know that I can't understand a word she is going on about because she still has the mask on ????

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Morpheus42 said:

When is "absolutely necessary" for you? When it is expected by others already? Or just if you really cannot enter the plane for example?

But good for you to have such a good Mrs! I feel almost sorry for all these expats with authority obedient Thai Wife and obviously no control over their wife ???? Their wife listens more to authorities than to their man LOL

They complain how their wives do this and that, for example driving car and wearing masks, and still they are together with them. Beta Males in their primetime lol

They go on entering a store; they come off leaving the store.  Me?  Once I'm outside in the fresh air it comes off.  Mrs Connda - it comes off once we're in the car.  So she does fold to a certain amount of social pressure. 
Unless I'm in a populated urban setting with enough people around to warrant their use, I don't wear one outside;  Mrs. Connda will due to social conformity to a point.
Neither of us wear masks outside in the fresh air and sunshine in the village.  It has a lot to do with where we are at the moment.  Masks in the village and fields are pretty much a personal thing.  The closer to the farms your get, the less mask wearing you see.  There is no one out here that will enforce mask rules.  The cops are part of the village too.
Now real masks!
3M P100 are the best - I use them in settings like in hospital waiting rooms where you may be exposed to high viral loads.  That's just common sense.
N95+ are effective if your goal is to actually limit the spread of viruses but don't want to look like you're prepared to enter a Bio-Security Lab.
Cloth masks are useless except for a virtue signal showing that you conform.  So, even I virtue signal when in stores as P100 and N95 are cumbersome.  I don't worry about Big Box stores with a lot of space and ventilation.  In confined areas with many people though?  Out comes the P100 or the N95.

We actually attempt to use common sense as well as to make others feel 'safe' but only were appropriate - ie - urban setting with a lot of people around - like in Chiang Mai around Thapae and Wororot Market.  Actually in the wet markets in Wororot and elsewhere, I'll pull out the N95 at least.  There is higher than average risk in wet markets.
Bottom line: If there is some risk - we address it; if we're suppose to wear masks to conform - we have limits to our conformity.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

That's why I gave up driving. I was getting fed up with being told how to do it, by someone who can't! (but I haven't told her this of course)

I've been driving for 55 years - my non-driving wife assures me she know more about driving then I do.  I allow her to indulge in her fantasy.   :thumbsup:

"Yes honey. No honey. I see it honey.  Only going 85 honey.  I'm only doing 100 to get around the truck you don't want to drive next to honey. The signal is on honey.  The signal is off honey.  No a can't do anything about the stupid people honey."  But on the flip side, the extra set of eye's sometimes is a very good thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

2long, and everybody else, who has a Thai wife, is extremely lucky.

Otherwise, who might care about you?

Honestly speaking:  Truly fortunate.  And,  this is so true in the majority of cases.  Therefore, LUCKY.

Yet, one has to know Thai ladies before you can speak of them intelligently. 

We don't wear masks when we are in the car, it's a closed environment, and we are a fair bit closer sharing a bed.

My GF drives, but always defers to me, as she knows I have 60 years of driving experience compared to her 3 or 4. She much prefers me to drive when it is dark or raining.

Rules are made for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of the wise.

On 2/7/2022 at 3:40 AM, Morpheus42 said:

Please let us know when your next 'Being an Alpha Male* seminar or workshop is. It looks like there will be plenty of us keen to join.

*a.k.a. a control freak who can't allow his chosen other to do or think anything without permission and good reason. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1