Buying new car for cash, Is Insurance and title fees not usually included in sales price?

EVENKEEL

1 minute ago, dick turpin said:

Not if he is paying cash ........they only love you long time if you go the finance route. 

Yes, this was my immediate thought too, they could be trying to recoup the lost commission from the finance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Depends on how they work the freebie costs out, up to the dealer.

The main thing is, folk usually buy a particular car because that is what they have their heart set on, think a dealer knows that, but the dealer also knows what finances he has to play with.

I personally would not be thinking about freebies if I was positive I was going to buy a particular ride, I would be working out the cost bottom line. ????

PS. The only new ride I have bought here had a few freebies, but no insurance, though I got 25,000bht off, so it worked out OK. ????

PPS. I would have bought the ride, whatever.????

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Seems we have a mix of opinions here. The dealership in a different province I'm almost positive quoted me Ins and tinting was included. I want to buy in Chonburi but don't like being scammed.

I bought a new Nissan 3 years ago and played off one dealer with another and ended up getting a 40,000 baht discount plus free insurance/tints/mats/and a full tank of fuel.....listed car (Almera) was 525,000 baht and I paid cash.

Walk away if you feel they are scamming you...cash is still king.

I just bought a new Ford Everest yesterday at the Ford dealer in Nong Bua Lom Phu - the fully loaded one (Titanium 4x4, Bi-Turbo, etc.). Base price was 1,799,000 Baht. Told them I was paying with cash and they gave me a 60,000 Baht discount which I used to upgrade rims/tires, mats, window rain vents, 40/60 window tint, full of fuel, etc. My upgrades went over by 12,000 Baht and they did not charge me extra.

It included the first year insurance, transfer fees and registration - I had to pay an additional 900 Baht for insurance because the rims and tires were considered premium upgrades.

They were very nice - but no one spoke good english - but my daughter facilitated as a translator.

As spidermike007 just mentioned the new car market is down and the sales girl at Ford asked me if I had any friends that were looking for a new car.

IMG_3271.JPG

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kokesaat said:

Not true.  I've bought 4 Toyota trucks......all in cash.....all with a variety of freebies.

Agree, very not true, as bought 4 cars, 2 Toyota, a Mazda & MG, all cash, all inc. insurance and the freebies of tinted windows, floor mats, whatever else I saw sitting around, oh yea, that nice MG travel mug ????

If wanting to save about 15k, you can even opt out of the insurance, as we did with the Mazda, as our current policy was just renewed, cheaper & better coverage.

Seems the Patts dealer is simply hoping buyer is ignorant and taking the pi$$.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Seems we have a mix of opinions here. The dealership in a different province I'm almost positive quoted me Ins and tinting was included. I want to buy in Chonburi but don't like being scammed.

Well there will be mixed opinions and it also depends where you live, if I were you I'd shop around for sure if you have the cash. 

Cash can also get you one hell of a up market motor at a steal price S/H in a private deal. 

41 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The new car market here is way, way down.

I'm not surprised at my dealer.

Took my 4 year old BT-50 pro with 48,000 km's on the clock for a service and best they would do was 850,000 baht changeover on the new model with cash.

33 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Took my 4 year old BT-50 pro with 48,000 km's on the clock for a service and best they would do was 850,000 baht changeover on the new model with cash.

850,00 is nearly the new price for a BT-50 isn't it?

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

You be lucky to get 400,000 part-exchange from a dealer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You're not being scammed, MSRPs do not include insurance unless there's a manufacturer's promotion.  Dealers who offer to include insurance do that at their own expense to get the sale.  Insurers and tinters don't give away their products!

while the MSRP doesn't include the registration, compulsory insurance, and the legwork to the DLT fees, usually even for cash purchases, the salesperson has a 'margin' of discount they can give, either in the forms of included freebies from rubber mats, tinting, cosmetic stuff like spoilers or chrome trims and even 1st class insurance, since they could get 'trade' price on these items they appear good value, or you can negotiate to have none of that and have discounts off list price, yes, even with cash purchases.

if they are unwilling to work with you, walk away to other dealers

Edited by digbeth

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're not being scammed, MSRPs do not include insurance unless there's a manufacturer's promotion.  Dealers who offer to include insurance do that at their own expense to get the sale.  Insurers and tinters don't give away their products!

I used scammed inappropriately,  

22 hours ago, dick turpin said:

Not if he is paying cash ........they only love you long time if you go the finance route. 

Precisely. Finance is king in the car dealer biz. 
Back home, one should never mention cash until the final offer, out the door price is nailed down.
They will deal if they think you will be financing. 

Of course here in Thailand they know the foreign buyers are likely paying cash. 

Edited by LarrySR