It's A Goodbye From Him and A Goodbye From Me

Havenstreet1940

7 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well said but that won't go down well, here!  Actual statistics and facts are not appreciated by the majority of Thai-bashing members whose preference is for myths, anecdotal hearsay and unjustified speculation!

Based on your figure of 3.3% that's 1842 who have tested postive in the first 10 days of February if the figure of 55823 arrivals is correct..

They're not my figures, I haven't posted any stats.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

32 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Why did you marry a woman who cannot support herself financially?

All the financially independent women I've encountered are awful human beings.

Usually oversized, ugly and extremely bossy.

Did I mention always at work, and always too tired for sex when they eventually get home?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well said but that won't go down well, here!  Actual statistics and facts are not appreciated by the majority of Thai-bashing members whose preference is for myths, anecdotal hearsay and unjustified speculation!

I mean it would have been well said if there was even a grain of truth in it but who cares about facts, ah?

Anyway this thread seems to have, surprise of surprises, ended up with a bunch of old dudes debating the age old sex/love/money conundrum. You know, just for a change.... So I guess you and your quotee are off the hook as these comments will be dead and buried by the time I ever see a response.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

All the financially independent women I've encountered are awful human beings.

Usually oversized, ugly and extremely bossy.

Did I mention always at work, and always too tired for sex when they eventually get home?

haha, says more about you than them.

i've never wanted, or needed, to pay for sex, indeed, never have my friends, and, while extremely, if i say so myself, successful with the opposite sex, i have never dated oversized, ugly and extremely bossy females, quite the contrary in fact.

10 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

The so called money making trap appears not to be true, only 3.3 percent of arrivals in the first 10 days of the new T&G tested positive.

3.3 percent sounds small, but that means around 15-20 people on each 747 that lands in Thailand would have go through an expensive nightmare. Still too much like Russian roulette if you ask me. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

3.3 percent sounds small, but that means around 15-20 people on each 747 that lands in Thailand would have go through an expensive nightmare. Still too much like Russian roulette if you ask me. 

More like 12 if such a plane was full with 366 people.

1 hour ago, JayClay said:
10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I mean it would have been well said if there was even a grain of truth in it but who cares about facts, ah?

What have you got to back your assertion that his stats "didn't have a grain of truth in them" and that they're not factual?    Let's see your stats.

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What have you got to back your assertion that his stats "didn't have a grain of truth in them" and that they're not factual?    Let's see your stats.

Who's talking about stats? The post quoted with "well said" stated that you can chose to self-quaranine at home. Which you can't.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

At least it's hot in Oz. The UK is a miserable place to be in the winter, spring, autumn, and half the summer.  The only reason I want to go back is to visit my mother. I haven't seen her for 4 years, which was in Melbourne. 

Nice to read this. I wish I still had a Mother to go to visit. Spring actually is my favourite season in the UK.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, it is what it is said:

i've never wanted, or needed, to pay for sex, indeed, never have my friends, and, while extremely, if i say so myself, successful with the opposite sex, i have never dated oversized, ugly and extremely bossy females, quite the contrary in fact.

I'd rather never date oversized, ugly and extremely bossy females, as just not worth the self loathing that follows.

However, while I have paid for decent sex, even bad sex costs, though not necessarily in money.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

You are obsessed with sex.

What else is life about if not perpetuation of the species- it's a genetic imperative? However, I was lucky enough to have the fun without the unfortunate consequence.

From where I'm sitting, it'd be great to even have the opportunity to be obsessed. He's a lucky man indeed.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

What else is life about if not perpetuation of the species- it's a genetic imperative? However, I was lucky enough to have the fun without the unfortunate consequence.

From where I'm sitting, it'd be great to even have the opportunity to be obsessed. He's a lucky man indeed.

Not lucky if the obsession is a compulsion or addiction. I've often wondered why there is no SAA in Pattaya, I guess all the addicts are in denial.  

• Confused 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

Not lucky if the obsession is a compulsion or addiction. I've often wondered why there is no SAA in Pattaya, I guess all the addicts are in denial.  

IMO "sex obsession" is a woke construct designed to control men. I see nothing wrong in having as much sex as one wants so long as the partner is of legal age, it's consensual, and contraception is used.

13 hours ago, it is what it is said:

I say the same and get blasted. Be careful of men who pay for sex. They are extremely jealous ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO "sex obsession" is a woke construct designed to control men. I see nothing wrong in having as much sex as one wants so long as the partner is of legal age, it's consensual, and contraception is used.

Sex addiction ruins people's lives, it's as bad as alcoholism and heroin addiction. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JayClay said:
13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Who's talking about stats? The post quoted with "well said" stated that you can chose to self-quaranine at home. Which you can't.

Clivebaxter, the poster to whom I was responding was and you responded to that, connected, post of mine!     The stats that you said did not contain a grain of truth! 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Sex addiction ruins people's lives, it's as bad as alcoholism and heroin addiction. 

I don't believe it exists, except in the fevered imaginings of certain people. It's impossible to have sex relations without a partner, and unless it involves rape, it's consensual, ergo one can have lots of sex only so long as one can find willing partners.

If there are any that can convince women to have sex with them for the sixth time in one day, lucky them I say. Otherwise, sex every day is great, and I used to do so on every visit to Thailand, but when I returned to the boring western country I worked in it stopped and I didn't suffer for that.

I can say without any hesitation that I've never in my entire life met any man that could be described as having "sex addiction" though most would have done the dance with any willing woman as often as possible.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:35 AM, Havenstreet1940 said:

I indicated that I am going to UK late March.  Did you miss that or chose to ignore it.   As for Pattaya - P L E A S E !!!  Wouldn't go near the place!

OP .... did you end up building a house in Issan or buy land there  ?

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can say without any hesitation that I've never in my entire life met any man that could be described as having "sex addiction" though most would have done the dance with any willing woman as often as possible.

I know a few.  

https://slaafws.org/download/core-files/Characteristics-of-Sex-Love-Addiction.pdf

On 2/13/2022 at 10:32 AM, sirineou said:

Good luck on you return to the UK. Have you considered taking the wife there? will she even go? Difficult to be without your wife IMO

On 2/13/2022 at 11:09 AM, BE88 said:

Take your wife with you as it may take a lot longer than you think for a return to normal, maybe even another year

Might prove easier said than done for her to obtain the necessary UK visa, though.