Thailandpass requires insurance that covers quarantine of "close contacts"

11 hours ago, Willy Wombat said:

Vietnam about to open up without restrictions and Thailand keeps shooting their own feet

I've seen them say Vietnam will open, but they haven't said anything about no restrictions..people are jumping the gun thinking Vietnam is dropping all restrictions.you will still most likely need covid insurance and will be tested for covid on arrival .

9 hours ago, Lorry said:

You can buy AXA for 180 days there.  Very expensive (18000),  outside Thailand AXZ sells the 365 days policy for less (about 15000).

AXA does not cover quarantine etc, see the other thread "Warning:..."

Who is AXZ as looks a good deal, any link please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

I've seen them say Vietnam will open, but they haven't said anything about no restrictions..people are jumping the gun thinking Vietnam is dropping all restrictions.you will still most likely need covid insurance and will be tested for covid on arrival .

Fully vaccinated must quarantine in home or hotel for 3 days but no testing 90% adults vaced

18% of Ruskies test positive on arrival to thailand verus eu uk less than 1% good reason to keep T&G $$$$ going sure the chinese will have high numbers too

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hospital isolation would seldom be needed. If in the hospital you would have symptoms and be treated for it.

You can do the isolation in a accepted hotel or at you own home if you have one.

Do you have anything to support that Joe?  I read somewhere that its up to local officials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tayida said:

High risk contacts is not there anymore.

FB_IMG_1644839987910.jpg

Amazing, the person I talked to at the TAT said they were in contact with the MFA and would try to do something about it - looks like they did.

That's good to see but the cynical side of me thinks that even though its been removed, that won't change the requirement to isolate and pay for it if you've had a close contact.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They  have updated the Thailand Pass site. https://tp.consular.go.th/

It now has this on it. Purchase Now takes you to this site. https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html

image.png.0f368d1499d9b4a7466c342158c18624.png

The TGIA site still has covid 19 insurance on it as well. https://covid19.tgia.org/

Since they ask for flight details I'm assuming that the insurance will have to cover for the entire stay which could be expensive if your stay is long term. I'm covered for medical care as my wife is a civil government worker but I'll still need this to enter. I'm not sure how long I'm going to be staying but I could just book flights for a short stay and then change the return flight date. I can always extend the insurance if needed.

1 hour ago, Daithi85 said:
13 hours ago, Willy Wombat said:

Vietnam about to open up without restrictions and Thailand keeps shooting their own feet

Vietnam's reopening will still involve 3 days AQ on arrival. They are behind Thailand in the reopening stakes and very unlikely to move ahead of Thailand in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, kimamey said:

Since they ask for flight details I'm assuming that the insurance will have to cover for the entire stay which could be expensive if your stay is long term. I'm covered for medical care as my wife is a civil government worker but I'll still need this to enter. I'm not sure how long I'm going to be staying but I could just book flights for a short stay and then change the return flight date. I can always extend the insurance if needed.

You will note that you only have to give an estimated departure date.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tayida said:

High risk contacts is not there anymore.

FB_IMG_1644839987910.jpg

Earlier today I rose this issue directly with AXA, as the TQM/TP was promoting the insurance under false terms (both policies did not cover that).

This caused a lot of confusion, and we were getting MANY messages asking us about this.

It just shows that they don't even know the ever-changing rules ????.

I expect something may be announced very soon.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Willy Wombat said:

They are removing some restrictions on flights but they are still not issuing tourist visas.  They have not even begun to talk about what if any restrictions they will impose when they do start issuing tourist visas.  Everyone seems to be following Thailand's lead to require travel insurance so I suspect they will do the same.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Do you have anything to support that Joe?  I read somewhere that its up to local officials.

I am eagerly awaiting an answer as I am sure the chances of being forced into hospital while asymptomatic is stopping thousands of people from booking their flight to Thailand.

Meanwhile other countries in the region continue to open with minimal restrictions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I not sure where I would find that in writing but I do know what they do for people that get infected and the symptoms are minor. They allow them do home isolation until the text no longer have symptoms and have a negative test.

I am aware of a case where the entire family was put on home isolation along with the infected person due to the chance they also got infected.

Of course entering the country and testing positive would be different but they could also do the isolation at a approved hotel for a few days until they had a negative test and no symptoms.

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Returning with a re-entry permit, does the insurance still need to cover the entire period for the current permission to stay? Or just some potentially shorter period, like 30 days?

People with re-entry permits have already used 30 days of insurance to get the Thailand Pass and enter the country.

When applying for the Thailand pass you do not need to upload anything to prove you length of stay.

You do not even have to enter a estimated departure date if you select returning to Thailand when you do the registration for a TP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't heard any recent tales of close-contact-on-the-plane - but negative Day 1, requiring detention.

Seen some stories re: families, parties traveling together with one party testing positive, and potentially requiring all to quarantine.

The positivity rate for Day 1 has been higher than the authorities would like, according to reports in the press. And some origin countries seem to have very high rates, calling into question the veracity of those tests.

On 2/14/2022 at 3:04 AM, ubonjoe said:

They have been accepting 30 days and many have entered with only 30 days.

When you register on the Thai Pass site if you select returning to Thailand the departure date goes away.

Does thiis mean that if I return to Thailand with say 10 months left on my Non O Visa extension I could simply by a "Throw away" onward ticket to say Vietnam due 29 days after my arrival and therfore could get away with only buying 30 days insurance?

2 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Does thiis mean that if I return to Thailand with say 10 months left on my Non O Visa extension I could simply by a "Throw away" onward ticket to say Vietnam due 29 days after my arrival and therfore could get away with only buying 30 days insurance?

I don't think you need to have an onward ticket/faux reservation, 30 days insurance is sufficient, even if your permission to stay might extend another ~ 11 months.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

You do not need to do that. You can enter with your re-entry permit without a problem since you would be returning to Thailand.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

I believe they're quietly waiting for it to peak and then drop off like we're seeing in other countries, at which point they will declare that their strategy has worked and everything they did was a 'great success' and it will be pats on the back all around with bonuses.

Exactly that, and that's why they're stopping broadcasting the daily (rising) figures .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you select returning to Thailand when doing the Thailand pass registration the estimated departure date goes away.

You do not have to upload copies of your tickets when doing the TP.

Just get 30 days of covid 19 insurance unless you want longer coverage.

Thanks for that.  I'm about to start applying so I was just going on what I saw on the London Thai Embassy website.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Of course entering the country and testing positive would be different but they could also do the isolation at a approved hotel for a few days until they had a negative test and no symptoms.

There have been several reports, some on Asean now, where people have been forced to go to hospital to qurantine - one I believe was a Danish family who's young son tested positive.

Another Danish family in the same position:

https://scandasia.com/danish-family-placed-in-isolation-in-thailand-after-daughter-test-positive-for-covid-19/

I've heard that some have been allowed to 'home quarantine' but it seems to be 'hit and miss' - if your insurance doesn't cover it and you are forced into a 'hospitel', it could get very expensive.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

There have been several reports, some on Asean now, where people have been forced to go to hospital to qurantine - one I believe was a Danish family who's young son tested positive.

I think things have changed since that happened.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I think things have changed since that happened.

I certainly hope so.  I also hope they remove the baffling requirement to go back to a hotel for the Day 5 test soon. I really can't work that one out - the test? Yes, the hotel?  No.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 7:39 AM, Willy Wombat said:

The thing is when people are forced to make a change if the change is equal and perhaps ever better or in tbe case of tourism even different.

It takes a lot to pull those people back as they've already taken the time, interest, money, knowledge to make the change.

Add to this the ill feelings that forced the change...it's not easy to get legit tourists back.

• Like 2