Feb 2022 Why Is It Raining EveryDay

AwwYesNice1

Global warming is real, it is being caused by man, and his recklessness, and it causes alot of changes to the climate patterns. Get used to it. This rain is a good thing, as Thailand could use it. But, it does make things more challenging for some of the farmers, who are used to working with certain climate patterns, for spraying, etc. 

• Like 1

Pattaya can relax. Soi 15 is taking the hit with the soi completely dug up for the last 4 weeks installing these huge water pipes to drain before 2nd road

Now that it's raining today, this is now of course a huge mud pile

20220214_132315.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat

Enjoy your weather in Pattaya!

I just saw mid range predictions for our area.

For Feb, Mon. 21st they show max(!) temperatures of 20 to 22 C (around 70 F).

Can't remember having experienced such weather before.

Hope their computers have gone wrong.

This is for Pattaya:

https://meteologix.com/th/forecast/1614295-pattaya/xltrend/euro/temperature

(I usually remove all but the *-ECMWF curves)

More rain to come.

Edited by KhunBENQ

8 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

raining again today ,massive storm rain yesterday when we were in Chayapruk,must be global warming ,ask Greta

Every country except Syria are on board with the climate scientists findings that climate change is man made. 

On 2/16/2022 at 10:29 AM, big dendrobenaes said:

it is called THE WEATHER......does it really matter if it rains........best to have to top up dams/reservoirs ETC for when there is a proper drt time !!!!

Agreed. February rain is very important to top up the dams and keep them full until the wet season starts again in August (in Pattaya). In 2020 there was no rain at all from November 2019 until July 2020 and dams were getting very low. It was lucky there weren't tourists around at the time or the situation would have been dire.

I have been here a long time.  This is the wettest Feb I have ever experienced.  I left major earthworks out back of my house for months to tackle them in the dry.  It has poured here for weeks and wreaked havoc.

Today I went surfing.  Not wind swell but solid ground swell.  I have also never seen this in all my time here.  It is 3 months early.  Fishing has also been insanely good this year.  In years gone by on a very good night I would catch 5 kilos of squid.  This year on some nights I have been getting 25+ kilos.  

• Like 1