I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

20 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Because my money doesn't drop 30% of its value in a weekend in a bank, all my money is transferred fine now, although I agree blockchains could be of future use, once there is a central bank crypto currency + banks using the technology, but the cryptocurrencies as of now are just Ponzi's, just don't be the last one holding the bag 

I think what you mean are the majority of alt coins are Ponzi's.  I get where you're coming from on that. But the more stable ones like SOL, DOT, ADA, XLR May have some use in the future once they have wider adoption and more practical use behind them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Banks are using cryptocurrencies, you don't know what you are talking about. SCB were using XRP a couple of years ago for cross-border transaction but now using XLM, I think. All banks will have to use it or they will become like Blockbuster. 

XRP is down 50% from last year, great store of value!

3 hours ago, happydreamer said:

I think what you mean are the majority of alt coins are Ponzi's.  I get where you're coming from on that. But the more stable ones like SOL, DOT, ADA, XLR May have some use in the future once they have wider adoption and more practical use behind them.

All crypto's right now are ponzi's 

Edited by dj230
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/16/2022 at 10:55 AM, Pravda said:

Ndax is great. I trust it more than biance or Coinbase. Very, very safe. They started with only 4-5 coins but are expanding. Yesterday they introduced integrated staking. Right now polkadot is at 12%. 

I would, but I don't like polkadot. I have 21 coins held in internet computer on Coinbase. This is the only long term project I believe in.

"

1. Lack of Investor Protection Insurance: Cryptocurrencies purchased and held in an account with NDAX including any staking crypto assets, are not protected by the Canadian Investor Protection Fund, the Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other investor protection insurance scheme."

on the Ndax website, wonder if you'll be insured if goes bankrupt. 

13 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

So as of today down circa $5000 then...

Plus his commissions, 0.2% on 200k, around extra $1k both ways 

Edited by dj230
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anyone who uses ‘circa’ for anything other than dates is making a flawed attempt to sound more knowledge than they are....   Its not a strong basis from which to present a criticism !!! :whistling:

Get a life.  It is quicker to type than approximately...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shdmn said:

Welcome to the moonboy thread where everyone already has their sportscar picked out when their sheitcoin takes off aaaaany day now.  ????????‍♂️

Keep it modest and stick with a good ol BMW and you'll be more than fine for 90% of the places you go here.  Far from the moon, but it does the job

Edited by happydreamer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Bitcoin down  - 8.15%      this morning.     Pravda sorry for your loss ... 

Come back in 6 months or 2 years. You obviously don't know anything about bitcoin of you think what it does in a particular day or week is relevant.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 5:10 PM, Puccini said:

I am not into cryptocurrencies myself, wouldn't have the nerves for it, but I sincerely wish you good fortune with this adventure.

There may well be short term gains but the long term is another matter.

To put this into perspective, one Bitcoin transaction is the “equivalent to the carbon footprint of 735,121 Visa transactions or 55,280 hours of watching YouTube,” according to Digiconomist, which created what it calls a Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/09/business/dealbook/bitcoin-climate-change.html

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

There may well be short term gains but the long term is another matter.

To put this into perspective, one Bitcoin transaction is the “equivalent to the carbon footprint of 735,121 Visa transactions or 55,280 hours of watching YouTube,” according to Digiconomist, which created what it calls a Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/09/business/dealbook/bitcoin-climate-change.html

we have PoS sh'tcoins to address that problem.

@Pravda As I see it, you have 2 options here. 

1- HODL - this is well known to crypto holders, who are not in it for a short-term gamble, but a long-term investment.

2- Panic sell at $40,700 and limit your losses, get a resentment about how you were in crypto for a week and lost 10%, come back 1 year later when Bitcoin is $100k and tell everyone how most people lose. 

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

While I don't disagree with some of the reasoning in the article the source seems to have a very high degree of anti-American sentiment.  The entire contents of the blog does.

Putin is just as money and power hungry as any of the other b@stards that run superpower countries.  Don't think for one second he doesn't have US Congress on speed dial to talk about how they're gonna bluff this war and sit soldiers on the the border while they drink vodka and drive up the value of the energy sector (read as Oil).  Have you noticed the price of gas lately? Who do you think is benefitting from that?  Hint:  Every superpower with a vested interest.

Edited by happydreamer