Annoying foreign beggar raking in 2-3,000 baht a day in Chatuchak, Bangkok

webfact

29 minutes ago, LarrySR said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...beggars (mostly imported Cambodians) are deployed all over the city every morning by the BMA & Police"

You're claiming that the BMA and RTP are putting them there?  What basis do you have for that assertion?

Expand  

It's common knowledge Lou.

No, it isn't.   You can't back up that statement with anything apart from the "common knowledge", "we all know"  statements of hearsay.  The poster to whom I responded claimed that the BMA and the RTP were putting the beggars on the street as an organised operation.   That's b0ll0cks, unless someone can back it up.

3 hours ago, LarrySR said:

t's common knowledge Lou.

Go ahead and put a few of your own begging crew out there at 7AM some morning and see who chases them off.  

Urban myth, yes there is a gang of sorts but it sure is not controlled by the BMA and Police. Singh beer has formaldehyde in it as well right?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, marin said:

Urban myth, yes there is a gang of sorts but it sure is not controlled by the BMA and Police. Singh beer has formaldehyde in it as well right?

Like I said earlier, go recruit a few beggars and put them out there some morning and see who comes along and throws them out.

They won't last 2 hours.

The BMA controls and exploits every square centimeter of the footpaths for a profit. They are in cahoots with the human traffickers that deploy hundreds of those handicapped Cambodians all over town every morning and pick them up then warehouse them until the next shift.

Donations that are meant for the poor are diverted into the pockets of BMA & Police. Do the math. It's millions per month.

Now you know.

Edited by LarrySR

On 2/16/2022 at 9:00 AM, smedly said:

do expand a little, the only foreign beggars I have ever experienced in Thialand are from SEA counties

how do you know what people spend

I remember a Brit on the pedestrian bridge near ambassador Hotel around suk soi 12 over 20 years ago..and around suk soi 4..and saw two begpackers opposite Central world about 3 years ago

12 hours ago, LarrySR said:

The BMA controls and exploits every square centimeter of the footpaths for a profit. They are in cahoots with the human traffickers that deploy hundreds of those handicapped Cambodians all over town every morning and pick them up then warehouse them until the next shift.

Donations that are meant for the poor are diverted into the pockets of BMA & Police. Do the math. It's millions per month.

Now you know.

All I know is your theory which I believe is wrong. What happened to the Police this time around?