Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well this looks good. The report is from a tabloid but looks pretty convincing. Major threat to Russian helicopters and low-flying jets. 

Boris Johnson to hand Stormer armoured missile launchers to Ukraine to unleash hell on Putin’s army

Sources say the MoD showed off the Stormers’ punch to Ukrainians at a display on Salisbury Plain two weeks ago.

The 13-ton, high-tech launchers can be loaded on to C-17 transport planes and flown to the war in days.

They only need a crew of three — a driver, commander and gunner.

FQqfUiFWYAMp_3L.jpg.605fb71dca3817c1a75c863daea9a8d9.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18298762/boris-johnson-missile-launchers-ukraine-war/

I am wondering whether Boris is prepared to have Russia attack the UK? I guess he is not. But by joining in the Ukraine/Russia conflict he has made the UK a legitimate target. Time to get out of big cities IMO, Putin is no soft touch.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

In your opinion being the operative phrase

My opinion is irrelevant. Putin's opinion is what matters. He has already stated that other nations arming Ukraine and interfering would be construed as them joining the war = being legitimate targets. I am not sure the soft and spoiled new generations in the west are prepared for a wake up call from Russia.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

US State Department looking at possibly labeling Russia a state sponsor of terrorism

The definition of a state sponsor of terrorism is a country that has “repeatedly provided support for acts of international terrorism,” according to the State Department. There are only four countries that are currently labeled state sponsors of terrorism by the US: North Korea, Iran, Cuba and Syria.

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-new-04-18-22/h_379c2d3bc66d542de9433f5de32fc712

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Finally a voice of reason and logic. In the vacuum of US leadership this comes at a crucial time. Hopefully his wise words will be listened to and acted upon. 

“It doesn’t make sense that Russia and Ukraine aren’t sitting down and working out some kind of an agreement. If they don’t do it soon, there will be nothing left but death, destruction, and carnage. This is a war that never should have happened, but it did. The solution can never be as good as it would have been before the shooting started, but there is a solution, and it should be figured out now—not later—when everyone will be DEAD!” President Donald Trump

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3272341-trump-calls-for-russia-and-ukraine-to-reach-agreement-to-end-war/

Well said sir. I agree the solution here is peace, not ever ratchetting up the tension by constant propaganda and arming one side and effectively leading us inevitably to full on WW3 and the extinction of humanity and life on earth. Clearly if an able person was President he/she would have been able to broker a deal - moreso if the art of the deal was in their blood.

I take it Putin wants to negotiate.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Finally a voice of reason and logic. In the vacuum of US leadership this comes at a crucial time. Hopefully his wise words will be listened to and acted upon. 

“It doesn’t make sense that Russia and Ukraine aren’t sitting down and working out some kind of an agreement. If they don’t do it soon, there will be nothing left but death, destruction, and carnage. This is a war that never should have happened, but it did. The solution can never be as good as it would have been before the shooting started, but there is a solution, and it should be figured out now—not later—when everyone will be DEAD!” President Donald Trump

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3272341-trump-calls-for-russia-and-ukraine-to-reach-agreement-to-end-war/

Well said sir. I agree the solution here is peace, not ever ratchetting up the tension by constant propaganda and arming one side and effectively leading us inevitably to full on WW3 and the extinction of humanity and life on earth. Clearly if an able person was President he/she would have been able to broker a deal - moreso if the art of the deal was in their blood.

If only it was as simple as he makes out, the problem is war has started, how it finishes no-one knows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Putin honors army unit accused of Bucha killings:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/madelinehalpert/2022/04/18/putin-honors-army-unit-accused-of-bucha-killings/

Putin on Monday signed a decree praising the brigade for “mass heroism and valour, tenacity and courage,” according to Agence France Presse.”

At least he's unambiguous and consistent with his totally evil branding.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

At least he's unambiguous and consistent with his totally evil branding.

Totally agree. Like I said in previous posts, there are no lows that Putin/Russia won’t stoop to, and shame is not a word that you will find in their dictionary.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Totally agree. Like I said in previous posts, there are no lows that Putin/Russia won’t stoop to, and shame is not a word that you will find in their dictionary.

As this war drags on, I'm starting to wonder if the US/NATO position of no direct engagement is a wise tactic.  This fear of Putin "potentially employing nukes" just seems to paralyze allies of the Ukraine.  And knowing Putin, the guy will do anything he can get away with.  He seems to be getting away with quite a lot. 

For example, the no-fly zone.  Some general on CNN had mentioned that if a no-fly zone was employed and a US jet was to shoot down a Russian jet, what's Russia going to do about it?  Attack the US?  I don't think so.  Anyways, we just have to wait and see what the US/NATO leadership decides to do as the war atrocities keep piling up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1