Thailand has ”all of March” to avoid new Covid restrictions

webfact

Ineffective vaccine - now paying the price for that. Never was very effective and by now very low protection.  I'm thinking real case numbers are like 220k.   Sueing omnicron surge we had 15,000/ day and maybe  for 3 million and Thailand 20 x more population.   Just hope deaths don't rise above 40.  I think they are the true measure of things.   

8 think songkran is political. 

Why no press about the construction labor camps?  Guess someone stompped their feet. 

"Thailand’s central government and public health agencies all over the country have to contain the latest Covid-19 by the end of the month if it wants to avoid further restrictions and a possible shutdown,"

In other words, there won't be a repeat of the surge in cases due to people travelling home for Songkran!!!

7 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I wonder if the issue it the quality of the initial vaccines. Booster are only at 30%. Who knows how much actual protection there is in Thailand.

There is still a lot of Covid in my area right now, lets not jump the gun right now.

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Glad I picked up a full dose of Moderna in the States 5 weeks ago as my booster....of course I could not have gotten that here in Thailand unless I paid for it.  Had the 2 AZ's last year at MedPark hospital.

I don't understand your problem, I've had 2 Pfizer vaccines back home last year and this January I got a free Pfizer booster shot for free in Nakhon Phanom.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

I have had two vaccine shots and will not be rushing to get a booster. There is nothing that i see from this Omricon variant that concerns me.

Other more vunerable people may think differently than me but nobody can really know what long term effects there might be by injecting all these vaccines into your system over a short period of time

What about the long term effects of Covid? It's only been around for less than 30 months. As for the vaccines there's always the possibility of unknown long term effects but the science behind these vaccines has been around for some time. A long time for some of them.

Prepping the masses that Songran may be cancelled again this year? Even after what was said a few days ago?

Europe was the same over Christmas and New Year. The Omicron variant led to major restrictions on travel over Christmas outside the EU and for some within. The cases of infection rocketed very, very quickly but have fallen back almost as quickly.  Hospitalisations, numbers in intensive care and deaths were much much lower than with previous variants. Now the UK is lifting all Covid restrictions and others in Europe are more cautiously doing the same.

However the % now double vaxxed and with 3rd booster shot is much higher than Thailand's.

But it all may return in Europe if another variant comes along.

2 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

I don't understand your problem, I've had 2 Pfizer vaccines back home last year and this January I got a free Pfizer booster shot for free in Nakhon Phanom.

"a free Pfizer booster shot for free........"

I hope you didn't have to pay for it! ???? 

3 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

The issue, there is none except that the booster shot for AZ is a Pfizer here in Thailand.  The boosters are supposed to be a half dose and not a full dose like I picked up in the states.  Before I left Thailand for my trip to the US I tried to get a booster of Moderna and was denied by the hospital saying I could not get Moderna and I needed to wait until it had been 6 months since my last jab.  So there you have it.

12 hours ago, alyx said:

Meanwhile, all European countries have lifted domestic restrictions and most do not impose tests to vaccinated travellers ....

Meanwhile  people are advised to seek hospital treatment outside of Bangkok as Covid cases surge and overwhelm hospitals today. 

With or without testing it is not a good time to visit Thailand, especially Bangkok. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Thais that had Sinovac really need a booster.

Yes!

....And not Sinovac or Sinopharm. 

I don't hear much about there secretive Astra Zeneca  products much anymore. 

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Meanwhile  people are advised to seek hospital treatment outside of Bangkok as Covid cases surge and overwhelm hospitals today. 

With or without testing it is not a good time to visit Thailand, especially Bangkok. 

Get a grip at what danger this Omicron represents. People here do not want to be isolated at home when tested positive ( and I have seen many cases around me) . They are asking to be hospitalised because...they are insured  .... Not blaming them but it is a fact, at least where I live ...in Bangkok

6 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Yes!

....And not Sinovac or Sinopharm. 

I don't hear much about there secretive Astra Zeneca  products much anymore. 

That is true. 

It would be interesting to know the production and distribution figures. Not heard much since they started production. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alyx said:

Get a grip at what danger this Omicron represents. People here do not want to be isolated at home when tested positive ( and I have seen many cases around me) . They are asking to be hospitalised because...they are insured  .... Not blaming them but it is a fact, at least where I live ...in Bangkok

I'm insured and I don't want to be hospitalized. 

I think you don't understand the magnitude of the biggest city in Thailand running out of hospital beds. 

There's no room for other health problems like car accidents, heart attacks, etc.

It's a major problem. 

Get a grip dude.

Ending of Covid restrictions started with Boris in the UK, basically because him and Cabinet of hypocrites got caught out flouting every rule they had imposed on the nation. So it was basically 'political' to end these restrictions, which begs a question; were they totally arbitrary in the first place?

And then you have Thailand's bunch of military cronies.. Hanging on to any little bit of power they can, because they lack the education, intelligence and vision to take the country forwards. Snouts too deep in the trough to see over it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

I have had two vaccine shots and will not be rushing to get a booster. There is nothing that i see from this Omricon variant that concerns me.

Other more vunerable people may think differently than me but nobody can really know what long term effects there might be by injecting all these vaccines into your system over a short period of time

I am in the same position and would dearly love not to have a booster. But i may be forced to have it if travel restrictions require a third dose.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:25 AM, BangkokReady said:

I wonder if the issue it the quality of the initial vaccines. Booster are only at 30%. Who knows how much actual protection there is in Thailand.

The Chinese vaccines don't seem to be effective at all against delta and omicron. So Thais who have had 2x SV + 2x PF are only double vaccinated, not boosted.