Thailand sees "kratom" as export crop now that narcotics laws have changed

webfact

Kratom is still illegal to posses in many of the US states as well as other countries, yet some States county by county have different rules, however the Feds have not been able to make it a Schedule 1 drug and so according to US law it is legal.  Many countries have allowed its use while others still do not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because kratom is unregulated in many countries, export is a possibility.

In the U.S. kratom remains legal at the federal level, but is really regulated at the state level. I think it's legal-ish in most states. It's pedaled by the vitamin squads, in powdered capsule format mostly.

They'll have to jump through a fair amount of hoops first though.

Cannabis remains highly regulated, where legal, and illegal elsewhere, so no export possibilities, except at hempish levels.

• Like 2

i have gone all over the net to learn how to make tea .Nothing Tried chewing it still nothing. For sale now at many intersections  at 50 baht for around 15 leaves. Enough for tea. I sun dried it for two days then put it through A blender. instructions say many things but most say do not boil it just let it steep in hot water. for me No reaction. I was looking to help relax before sleep. But... Nothing??

• Haha 1

If you read  about why Thailand forbid kratom, you think otherwise.

Only for money, it affected the opium business in Thailand, thats why.

You can read it in Wikipedia 

You can read only 9 countries forbid kratom, now 8 as Thailand starts kratom business.

Even Indonesia (a moslim country !) is trading in kratom ! They have lots of kratom trees over there.

Now Thailand wants to invest, of course too late again.

However there are already Thai making good profits with kratom.

18 minutes ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Bought some Kratom powder at Shopee, put it in capsules and have 3 a day. I love it ... helps good to stay focussed. Not that I that always want of course ...

They say up to 5 grams you will stay focused and more then the focus will slip away.

Up to you what you want

59 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Kratom sounds really good if you don't mind any of the following.

Glatter says side effects of kratom include seizures, dangerously high blood pressure, damage to liver and kidneys, swelling of the brain, breathing problems, and cardiac arrest 

I guess it's ok as long as you export it??? Also the swelling of the brain may be good for some people.

Deaths from kratom use can always be blamed on COVID or dengue fever.

1 hour ago, johnmcc6 said:

i have gone all over the net to learn how to make tea .Nothing Tried chewing it still nothing. For sale now at many intersections  at 50 baht for around 15 leaves. Enough for tea. I sun dried it for two days then put it through A blender. instructions say many things but most say do not boil it just let it steep in hot water. for me No reaction. I was looking to help relax before sleep. But... Nothing??

I got a very mild euphoric/stimulated effect about ten minutes after chewing two green leaves. leaves. Lasted maybe an hour. I chewed four green leaves on another occasion and got the same very mild effect, not stronger. I tried tea with dried leaves with no effect at all.

In any case a few sips of coffee and half a beer have the same effect on me but for longer. Some locals say it should be steeped like sun tea from dried leaves.

If it works for anyone then go for it.

Me? I won't bother spending any more time or money on it.

As for it turning into a major export item that seems very unlikely to me.

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I'm still waiting to make my fortune from the US allowing the sale of Mary Jane in public shops and the legalization of that lucrative weed.  Good luck with 'kartom'.

And Kratom too!

• Haha 1

Just another manipulated twist in the highly fabricated and imposed upon War On Some Substances. 

Like most everything that is absorbed forced on - repeated often and loud enough, it all becomes real and true. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnmcc6 said:

Check this out Bruh!  ????

https://superspeciosa.com/kratom/tea/

click on "watch on you tube"

Edited by David T Pike