Billionaire former top cop's son in Porsche severely injures foreigner on motorcycle in Bangkok smash

webfact

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Most Thai people I know are quite happy with the way things are. This was an accident remember, not a pre-meditated murder. It was, indeed, the foreign English speaking press that highlighted this case, all Thais accept the way things are and realized from the start, like I did, that Boss would NEVER go to jail. 

Are you seriously saying that Boss should spend 15 years in a Thai prison? Child rapists don't even do that in the UK.

I dont know what is the average sentence for vehicular homicide of a police officer whilst under the influence of an illegal substance, fleeing the scene, attempting to pervert the course of justice by paying someone else to admit to the crime and then fleeing the country to avoid prosecution in most countries? If you have some hard data on that perhaps we could fairly compare and contrast. 

Take the UK as that os the example you used was 14 on the top nowit coild be life...

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/oct/14/drivers-who-kill-may-now-face-life-sentence

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/penalties

Of course that 14 is on the top but does not include all the charges he would/ should have faced bit being from a very affluent family he could of course afford the besr legal defense money could buy...

Edited by starky

13 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Accidents happen all over the world 

But 

Rarely (if ever) do we see a former top cop being the countries 36th richest. 

I'm so sorry for the (poorest) people of Thailand. 

How did he became that rich?

3 hours ago, starky said:

Are you implying this has never happened? Because i can attest to at least a few people i know personally that it most certainly has.

So you know several people who have had accidents that weren't their fault and they were told that because the accident would not have happened had they not been in Thailand then it was therefore their fault?  Really??    Sorry I do not believe you.  Please post details and what was said.  

I have personal first hand experience of the police taking my side when a Thai tried to blame me for an accident that wasn't my fault.  Thonglor police too!

15 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Airbags only deploy if the frontal impact is high enough. Heavy car hitting light motorcycle obviously didn't generate sufficient 'G' force.

From the looks of the windshield, I'd say the impact of the guy's body generated some Gs.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pepelino said:

Guess the airbag didn*t work as the impact not strong emough

The airbag might have not deployed, because the driver was not wearing a seat belt. Airbags are designed to work with seatbelts, and are dangerous for small children. Honda I used to drive if I put a large backpack in the front seat the PASSENGER AIR BAG OFF light would illuminate. 

Edited by Captain Monday

1 hour ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

First, will we ever find out how this happened? Will justice be done?

BUT the other question is: how do these cops earn so much money?

Why is it ignored that people on relatively small salaries become billionaires in 20 years?

You don't think the successful renewal energy company he founded has contributed to his wealth ?

10 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

The farang will get some kind of payout,and bills covered.Not right really.What happens after with the driver will be another story

He is dead and from Pakistan, so I guess that saves the family money

Apparently the motorcyclist was a Pakistani 'refugee' and has now died of his injuries. Sorry if this has already been posted, but all I see is a lot of back and forth about how the car is fuelled and how they got rich.

- If the airbag didn't deploy (as claimed) that its HUGE news, but I feel that it's probably lies.

- I wonder if that alcohol blood test has come back yet... ????

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Gen Wirachai was named as the 36th richest person in Thailand in the Forbes list last year.

He was estimated to be worth $940M US or nearly 30 billion Thai baht.

Sounds like a case for the teams dealing with the "Red Bull Boss" case!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SteveAZ said:

Since the driver wasn't wearing a seat belt that means the no seatbelt alarm was also disconnected.  

My seat belt alarm goes off after about 4 minutes driving I found out, I moved my car 200 meters and then left it idling while I used an ATM.

22 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My seat belt alarm goes off after about 4 minutes driving I found out, I moved my car 200 meters and then left it idling while I used an ATM.

A pair of “ extension “ seat belt buckles can be bought from around 50 baht. Used with the excuse of “ making buckle easier to find “ covering the true motive.

Popular with taxi and delivery drivers !!

10 hours ago, worldexpress said:

The cops are not to serve and protect but they seem to be a menacing and a net-negative element of the Thai society.

They exist not so much to serve and protect but more to control the people in case they get infected by foreign ideas; pretty much like the army.