​​​​​​​‘Europe’s war’ increasingly gets attention in cozy Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Australia’s government sensibly offered the family a state funeral that is richly deserved. 

Hmm, the question that springs to my mind is where do you draw the line. Who makes that distinction?

Arguably you could end up with all sorts of sports "stars" and "celebrities".............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Really?  A while back I was given a suspension for daring to click the sad emoji in response to a post that an administrator had made.

Me too. Forget the 'appeal process' as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

This happened on certain airline with hopping animal on the red tail, where on boarding a woman with a child in her arm, asking flight attendant to help her put bag up in the bin was told "that's not my job".

Same thing happened to my ex on BA a few decades past,but it was because of the airline's insurance policy,which did not cover any accidents happening if staff are helping passengers,also including helping mother's with children.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Really?  A while back I was given a suspension for daring to click the sad emoji in response to a post that an administrator had made.

I once had a post deleted and was warned about insulting language because I used the word "P-m" to describe a fine English gentleman. (The o is deleted in case someone reading now becomes incensed)

My rejoinder that even the BBC uses it on air occasionally was ignored.

Try a search of the forum for the word now..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

..."Via TASS, Putin issued a list of countries he deemed unfriendly because of sanctions. In my view it was a badge of honor to be on it. Thailand, sadly, was not."...

Apparently Thailand made the right decision and stay out of this mess,...  that badge of honor, might be all you have if Putin is pushed far enough and decide to push the proverbial red button and pull the plug !

PS, I'm ready to be banned, couldn't care less,...

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Most Thais I know are unconcerned and ignorant of wars and stuff outside their coconut but one did tell me about "terrible" Russia attacking "innocent" Ukraine. I didn't want to spoil her mood by talking about Donbas and the rapes and killings there since 2014.

People like there wars clean - this side is GOOD and that side is BAD. Simple isn't it?

Thanks for the valuable info, I had no idea that Russians had been killing and raping in Donbas since 2014; but I guess that only a Russian would have known that.

and please stop using capital letters, it is against forum etiquette and you have been told before…. many thanks 

• Like 2