RTP get international award for excellence - top cops in Dubai bask in glory but who has heard of "Smart Safety Zone 4.0"?

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The World Police Summit - attended by 29 countries including Thailand

how many countries are there in the world?? how can it be called world police summit, I would say the name should be more like ""axx kissing, brown envelope giving""

7 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I think this award is WELL DESERVED.

Thai police are much better integrated into the communities they serve than US police who have become  trigger-happy 'shoot-first-ask-questions-later' minority-and-lower class repressing paramilitary commandos.

Say what you will about the Thai police, at least you don't have to worry about being gunned down during traffic stops,  cops kneeling on your neck for 9 minutes, or using a no-knock warrant to break into your house and shoot you while you're sleeping in bed. They also deserve top notch honors for their handling of individuals with mental problems, suicidal and despondent individuals, and defusing domestic disputes. What the article says about the Thai police having good community intelligence gathering networks to solve crimes is also very true.

I feel 1000 times safer around Thai police than the cops back in the States. I can only surmise that those making derisive comments have had some sort of bad experience with the police here. Perhaps your complaints about loud music from the temple during Songkran, or a 7-11 refusing to sell you beer between 2-5PM weren't handled as the high priority policing matters you felt they deserved to be treated as?

You obviously don't drive,when they are stopping 1000's every day for tea money, or you wear blinkers or have never been in a bar with uniformed armed police half pi$$ed and doing high priority policing playing pool,fooling around with scantily clad females,then riding away on their motorbikes!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daejung said:

as if Dubai awarded an award for excellence in human rights 555

On 12 March 2022, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia carried out the mass execution of 81 imprisoned civilians including 7 Yemenis and 1 Syrian and 37 Saudi nationals, convicted for loyalty to foreign terrorist organizations and for holding deviant beliefs.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=executions+in+saudi+arabia

Edited by Meat Pie 47
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

what Smart Safety Zone 4.0 actually entails

Shows what the writer knows cause the Thai people probably know it as the ....

'Sa mart Safety Zone 4.0'  ???? ( I am sure there is always a BMW close by)    ????

Ah, Dubai again - excellent news then. Next will be the overdue necessary upgrade of the RTP fleet of cars; out with the BMWs, Benz' and all the other toys. 

Take an example in Dubai with their fleet of law enforcements; no way to outrun 253 miles/h ..... Well, lets wait and see for the first batch of Bugatti Veyrons racing up and down Sukhumvit in Bangkok .....

http---cdn.cnn.com-cnnnext-dam-assets-170321162454-dubai-police-bugatti.jpg

130411144701-dubai-police-lamborghini-horizontal-gallery.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Ah, Dubai again - excellent news then. Next will be the overdue necessary upgrade of the RTP fleet of cars; out with the BMWs, Benz' and all the other toys. 

Take an example in Dubai with their fleet of law enforcements; no way to outrun 253 miles/h ..... Well, lets wait and see for the first batch of Bugatti Veyrons racing up and down Sukhumvit in Bangkok .....

http---cdn.cnn.com-cnnnext-dam-assets-170321162454-dubai-police-bugatti.jpg

130411144701-dubai-police-lamborghini-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Less impressive when stuck in a sand dune.

• Haha 1

This reminds me of what I used to refer to as a "self-licking ice cream cone" type of event/conference. Most attendees were speakers themselves and any awards were primarily attendance awards, so you could justify attending this type of boondoggle another year.

• Like 1