Never Seen One Of These Before

Troy Tempest

Our cat is a bit like me when I was younger!.....She brings home Allsorts (No....Not liquorice)! 

Her name is Pest!

Last night she delivered this poor little fellow!

I have never seen one before!....Does anyone what it's name is....Don't say Bruce or something similar! :cheesy:

Just wondering?

708148852_ZebraTailedLIzard.thumb.jpg.fbb7f9a4d07395dea8de2bd713c80ef9.jpg

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Sad 4

Gheko! V good at keeping down flying pests especially swarming termites. We have many of them and protect them from moggy murderers as best we can. We do encourage our large dog to chew on cats whenever they come into our yard but he a) isn't quick enough and b) comes back bloodied whenever he corners one. Only problem is gecko poo in the house.

• Like 2

We've had families of them living with us for years, one in the shed and another behind a cupboard in the garden. Occasionally one will come into the house and we try to remove them - not easy to catch - as I'm afraid they'll not find enough to eat. And, as said above, they do have a strong bite and are difficult to get off, so always use a towel or other cloth if handling.

Gecko (2).jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Doctor Tom said:

People kill more wildlife than cats, and for no good reason half the time, should we start killing people? 

No, just the cats that roam freely. If you have a cat keep it locked up indoors so it cannot do any harm.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

That's cruelty to wildlife. Cats are born to roam.  At least be consistent in your prejudice. 

A domestic cat is not "wildlife".

Are you anti spaying pet cats (and dogs) because they are born to procreate?

Definitely keep pet cats indoors or within a confined garden area from which they can't escape.  If they're old and fat, a high fence will do.  If young and nibble, construct a catio enclosure.  There are just too many natural hazards here for cats.  

Sometimes Hubby puts a cardboard cutout of a jingjoke on the wall of the condo for the cats to stare at if they've been annoying him while he's trying to get something done.  Somehow we get enough "wildlife" within our 15th story condo to keep the cats amused from time-to-time that we don't have to use the cardboard cutout, but we try to encourage the young jingjokes to moves elsewhere because they don't last long in our place.

2 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

A domestic cat is not "wildlife".

Are you anti spaying pet cats (and dogs) because they are born to procreate?

So in this illogical argument, are feral cats to be killed because they hunt and kill, as do most wild animals? So why dont we just kill all wild animals for killing other animals, yea right.   Meanwhile, domestic cats that kill out of instinct, the same instinct that is in feral cats, must be locked up? Boy  but there is some twisted logic being displayed on this post.  

Edited by Doctor Tom

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

not really, domestic cats don't form part of a natural ecology and kill a lot of small animals. All feral animals and any animals not part of the original ecology should be culled or strictly controlled. In Australia, incredible amounts of damage is done by cats, dogs, donkeys, horses, foxes, pigs, buffalo, carp, sparrows, cuckoos, rabbits, cane toads, etc.

more ecological damage is done by people mate.  

Just now, Doctor Tom said:

more ecological damage is done by people mate.  

I'm not disputing that. This is the same whataboutery arguments against doing anything about any problems. Look over there at that problem is never and excuse to do nothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I'm not disputing that. This is the same whataboutery arguments against doing anything about any problems. Look over there at that problem is never and excuse to do nothing.

Animals of any kind are not a problem, they never are,   They have as much right, if not more, to exist on this planet and thrive. Humans are the problem, far too many of them  on this small World, destroying and damaging everything they touch.  Give me animals any day, wild or domestic. 

13 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

So in this illogical argument, are feral cats to be killed because they hunt and kill, as do most wild animals? So why dont we just kill all wild animals for killing other animals, yea right.   Meanwhile, domestic cats that kill out of instinct, the same instinct that is in feral cats, must be locked up? Boy  but there is some twisted logic being displayed on this post.  

You have trouble sticking to topic, as evidenced by everyone of your posts in this thread.

"So in this illogical argument, are feral cats to be killed because they hunt and kill, as do most wild animals? So why dont we just kill all wild animals for killing other animals, yea right."

My comment was clearly differentiating between domestic and feral animals, and was clearly directed to domestic animals.

"Meanwhile, domestic cats that kill out of instinct, the same instinct that is in feral cats, must be locked up?"

As stated, Yes!

For their own good as well as for protecting wildlife.

https://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/why-shouldnt-cats-be-allowed-outdoors/

Edited by JimmyJ