"Father time" sneaking up on me. You?

swissie

Can't fault Bob Seger's Live Bullet.

Prob the best between songs rock and roll patter ever done - "The Dee-trait audience is the greatest audience in THE WORLD". "I beleeeve we're about ready now". J. Geils Band Full House Live had some good lines too -"Come here Baby, I want to suck on your gums."

Bob's follow up 2nd live album with the same Chuck Berry medley at the end was also pretty good and a testimony to Bob's bonafides that he could put out basically the same record twice. Short version: Before there was Bruce, there was Bob.

As to your larger point, at 69, I am filled with longing for the new, by which I mean the great old days when now-old stuff was new; I have not much interest in any actual new stuff that I see floating around.

Prob 20+ long trips to Thailand and a dozen to Laos, I can go back there and savor it, but the bliss and surprise of the first real mango is gone for good. I can't replicate the mango moment, but I can bring that openness to whatever else is put in front of me. And I have the wisdom now to know a mango moment when one pops up. Thank you Mango, my great teacher.

I just came back from Manhattan. I only made a single reservation (for $150 Peking duck). The rest of the time, I just ate wherever looked good, usually within a 6 block of my hotel. I had some great food (will def get into Shanghai Cuisine and Korean vegetarian a bit). But what I mostly had was surprise. Can't think of another thing to want.

• Like 2

Yes, all that - for many years I have been looking for one last big adventure, though not much really sounds exciting.. 

maybe I can learn to appreciate more deeply some of the simpler pleasures in life... a slower more meditative appreciation... 

or not. 

• Like 1

In the few years leading up to my retirement (at 62) there were two adventures of I dearly wanted to repeat, one was another full year in Antarctica, the other was having young kids again. Mutually exclusive, I know. 

Then I went to Thailand for a diving trip, and never went back to Antartica.

Keeping active as much as possible is my solution. Sorry OP, I have been playing golf for 66 years, and have no intention of giving up now. My ambition is to break my age on the golf course at least once for every year I get older.

No ambition for a 20 yo Thai woman, I'd have too much performance anxiety. Older women have more understanding.

Never tried drugs, alcohol is enough in moderation.

Mentally active IMO is just as important as physically active.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 6:58 AM, bkk6060 said:

Chase away the old age blues by listening to old peoples music?

Everyone has their ways just keep moving.  Actually hanging out (not marrying) with younger women and trying to be active in some sport or the gym, or motorcycle riding or whatever activity can help a person get their mind off any of the blues.  Just sitting around thinking about it can possibly add to depression and probably less longevity.

I think riding a motorbike at 80 is a sure way to shorten whatever time I have left.