Prayuth: You're free to brew your own booze - just read the fine print

webfact

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I guess if they know what they are doing it's not so bad.......but easy to kill a dozen or so people when you get it wrong.

Yeah but making stills/moonshine is as old a profession as prostitution.....They have had centuries of practice but yes...undistilled or more like swipe/fermentation style brews can be a recipe for problems

• Like 2

Bottom line is th at people that own the big 3 are not going to let people that want to make a better quality beer exist.

I am sure a lot of the older North Americans here can remember the big screaming that happened when Toyota, Honda, KIA et al came to North America.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Let's see how long it takes before the first person is arrested after believing his words.

Most of the people that drink home made booze where I live are nearly blind or fully blind. Is this the standard he wants? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wombat said:

or goes blind from the ethanol not being taken off like happens in Bali with Arak made from the fermented sap of coconut flowers or sugarcane

Don't you mean METHANOL.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Nobody dies or goes blind from "home made" alcohol. It's only when it is unscrupulously spiked with methanol for resale that this happens. The term for this is bootlegging, as in bootlegged alcohol which is NOT the same as homemade. Nobody is going to spike their own booze with methanol. Duh. You do know the difference between ethanol and methanol, right? Most of us do. That's why God gave us wikipedia. Thanks for helping to spread misinformation. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 15.07.46.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, mick220675 said:

I have been making fruit wines for years, 2 years ago I made the jump to beer. Every thing required is available on lazada, including a good choice of hops. It's a very enjoyable hobby.

I guess the easiest start is old fashioned Mead... 

Who needs a Still?

It is quite possible to get 100% alcohol from home brewed wine. Its a very simple and not expensive.

I've been doing it for sixty years with no additions of any kind.

The brewed wine is still palatable but alcohol free.

The alcohol can be used to fortify other wines, such as carrot whisky, parsnip wine and others.

While still in the demijohn, after filtering place the demijohn into the freezer. What doesn't freeze is pure alcohol.

12 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

Not many people may know why Islam follows the food rules of Judaism (kosher/halal) except for alcohol :  the Jews were drinking mostly wine but my guess is that the Arabs were also drinking badly distilled moonshine (methyl alcohol) which is poisonous and can cause death or blindness.

It explains why verse 4:43 seems to assume that drinking  alcohol was accepted while the later verse 5:90 strongly rejected it

Quran 4:43 “Do not approach prayers while you are drunk.”
Quran 5:90 “O you who believe! Intoxications and gambling, (dedication of) stones and (divination by) arrows are an abomination of Satan’s handwork: so avoid it that you may prosper.”

Edited by fvw53
typo
  • Thanks 1