Thai actress’s 2nd autopsy confirms 22 small wounds on her leg

snoop1130

img_0757-1.jpg

The second autopsy conducted on the remains of drowned TV actress Nida Patcharaveerapong, aka “Tangmo”, has confirmed the presence of 22 small wounds on her leg, but did not find any broken teeth, fractured bones or wounds to her face or head.

These findings address some of the 11 suspicious points raised by Nida’s mother and were disclosed today by the Justice Ministry’s Central Institute Forensic Science (CIFS), whose pathologists conducted the second autopsy.

Thanakrit Chit-areerat, secretary to the justice minister, told a press conference today (Thursday) that the CIFS had responded to most of the issues raised by Nida’s mother.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-actresss-2nd-autopsy-confirms-22-small-wounds-on-her-leg/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-03-31

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Is it me or is this just dragging on. Has anyone come up with/reported a reason for foul play yet?

I massively sympathise with the poor mother and her grief but what exactly are her suspicions based on?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Any reason given why the first autopsy didn't notice the 22 wounds on her legs?

Bribed or incompetent?

Either way he should lose his job.

or the change of clothes ?   So what did the examination of her genitals determine ? Both these seems strange and possibly connected ?  A 30 mill pay off to drop the case seems like perhaps who on the ill fated boat trip had access to or was connected with people whom had that sort of money to give away. Perhaps that really would open up another can of worms.  Poor women, she is dead, whether from foul play or otherwise is irrelevent and she should have a proper funeral to allow the family closure and those responsible should be pursued later.

After all with 30 mill a small part of that could be sufficient to employ the right type of people to expose any culprit(s), if there was foul play, and ensure a final end to the saga.

• Like 1

The offer of 30 Million Baht as a settlement seems odd and does make one wonder what the motivation is behind that. That said, since she is probably Buddhist, she won't be 'buried'. She'll have her funeral and cremation. Once a cremation is done there will be no additional chemical or scientific testing that could be done. Her demise is so sad and she is sorely missed by many Thai people.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Money. She wants more money.

30 million baht is just not enough to live on.

43 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Perhaps justice for her daughter is more important at this stage?

No it isn`t...she has not received her 30 mil baht yet that`s why it is being dragged out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheScience said:

Wife told me the poor mother was paid 30m baht to drop it.

Unconfirmed although I swear I'd read the same thing somewhere.

Sad part is that the public will not learn the truth. This is nothing new in Thailand.

A separate Bangkok Post article, published on Friday, March 5, however, said that Tangmo’s mother, who earlier suspected that foul play had been involved in her daughter’s death, had accepted a 30 million-baht compensation from speedboat owner Tanupat. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Whale said:

Is it me or is this just dragging on. Has anyone come up with/reported a reason for foul play yet?

I massively sympathise with the poor mother and her grief but what exactly are her suspicions based on?

Perhaps past history, and especially where high ranking/high profile people are concerned, and no matter what objections etc., are raised, no clear and conclusive result ever appears, no matter how many times it's re-investigated.

• Like 2

21 cuts?  Evenly spaced? How deep? On the front or back of her leg(s)? I think I read the cuts were made while she was alive. 

Why was the prop taken off and lost in the water? Was the prop lost that first night? 2 days before the body was found?  Didn't it take the police 2 days to find the prop with divers.  Is it standard for police to check the prop when someone falls overboard?

A prop has a pitch and for small boats usually only makes a few turns per meter. When the boat is underway  a leg is what? .5 meter.  Say the prop has 4 -5 blades that should only be a few impacts.   She reportedly could swim?  Was a BAC or drugs found in the autopsy?   I'm sure the water was warm but nasty and fast current. 

Edited by Elkski

16 hours ago, TheScience said:

Wife told me the poor mother was paid 30m baht to drop it.

Unconfirmed although I swear I'd read the same thing somewhere.

Sad part is that the public will not learn the truth. This is nothing new in Thailand.

Does it really matter to the public, not knowing the truth? 

33 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Does it really matter to the public, not knowing the truth? 

Yes. I think that's cynical. Crimes need to be solved especially crimes that have every appearance of duplicity and conspiracy. It's a question of law in public interest and has nothing to do with lurid details.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I believe most Thai people think something nefarious happened and they are so accustomed to this that they don't protest or demand change.   Thailand bis known for a dual justice system. What kind of country is this really.  Where are the anti Thai bashers now?   TAT should tout this. It may help attract more wealthy clientele. 

It does appear we have a similar system in the USA but there is hope we start to get justice soon. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TheScience said:

Yes. I think that's cynical. Crimes need to be solved especially crimes that have every appearance of duplicity and conspiracy. It's a question of law in public interest and has nothing to do with lurid details.

It isn't cynical at all. If this was a poor person or a person of no public interest, it wouldn't have even made the news, let alone reaching Aseannow.

Of course crimes need to be solved but in reality where money and unnamed person are concerned, justice is rarely seen to be done and even more rarely, done.

Basically if you are rich it all goes away and if you are not then the general public doesn't care anyway.

If you want a prime example think of the "boss" who will beat the statute of limitations after killing a policeman. Do you see any justice in that at all?

The majority of Thai accept the fact that if you have no money you won't get justice. The more money you have and the more important that you are, the better justice you can buy.

That isn't being cynical, it is being realistic. Certainly in the near to medium future nothing will change for the better, and not at all under the present government.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text
  • Like 2

So how many poor victims don't we hear about?  

I think in this case there are many intriguing tidbits. 

This case had the star in a water drowning, a fixed  accident/murder scene with a zany cast of characters. The B actress who had overcome adversity with her car crash, the wealthy boat owner and  I think wealthy un licensed driver( both now monks in training) ,the manager/friend, the wealthy lady boy, suspicious after actions of those on the boat considering a good friend was lost in an over board,  different stories from them, the missing prop, the head not working on the boat or it was working? , a hiso somehow urinating off the back of the boat with a jumpsuit on, the man's voice on the video " she brought a friend", was it? , the time line problem with the automatic lights off on the bridge, the flavorful mother, 30 million baht gift to Fagetaboutit.    

This will be made into a movie.  

Edited by Elkski

On 3/31/2022 at 8:03 PM, BritManToo said:

Any reason given why the first autopsy didn't notice the 22 wounds on her legs?

Bribed or incompetent?

Either way he should lose his job.

You gotta get with the program!!!

first autopsy created the wounds.

for the second autopsy to find..

if they have a third, OMG they will find lots of stuff!!  

On 3/31/2022 at 7:28 PM, TheScience said:

Wife told me the poor mother was paid 30m baht to drop it

Not true the "poor" mother demanded 30m baht in compensation, from i think the boat operator and others involved in this incident.