Age Gap Relationships... in the Later Years? (Opinions/Experiences Sought)

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I see tent villages in cities all over the USA and homeless people sleeping on the streets in the USA

Granted, and how much income support are they getting? Food stamps?

Now show me what the Thai government provides, apart from the very occasional lump sum that would last me about 4 days.

42 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Now show me what the Thai government provides, apart from the very occasional lump sum that would last me about 4 days.

Thais in need go to temples. The monks give them food. And it's warm in Thailand.

If I would have no money and no income I would still prefer to survive in Thailand compared to the USA.

• Like 1

About old age and someone caring: Obviously it is nice when the gf/wife does that. But maybe she doesn't have to do it alone. Domestic help is still relative cheap in Thailand. Most of us should be able to afford a part time maid when we need one - even if she is already older and doesn't wear a maid costume. ???? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thais in need go to temples. The monks give them food. And it's warm in Thailand.

If I would have no money and no income I would still prefer to survive in Thailand compared to the USA.

And the 'family farm' ........ my woman has a farm near Lomsak to which she could retreat.

Grow her own food, gather food growing wild, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

That large income support they get in the USA isnt enough to keep a roof over their heads and the lack of income support in Thailand isnt forcing people to live in tent cities

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

About old age and someone caring: Obviously it is nice when the gf/wife does that. But maybe she doesn't have to do it alone. Domestic help is still relative cheap in Thailand. Most of us should be able to afford a part time maid when we need one - even if she is already older and doesn't wear a maid costume. ???? 

Point taken, although one woman in my life is enough for me.

It depends on the size of the family, my GF's is quite extensive, and they all pitch in to help relatives.

Re the temples, fair enough. It's not warm everywhere in Thailand, Chiang Rai and up in the mountains this year in winter were bloody cold.

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That large income support they get in the USA isnt enough to keep a roof over their heads and the lack of income support in Thailand isnt forcing people to live in tent cities

You obviously have not got out much in rural Thailand, quite a few don't have tents. They sleep on pallets under trees.

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I see tent villages in cities all over the USA and homeless people sleeping on the streets in the USA

I was gone from US for 2 yrs solid because of covid, when I returned late last year for a visit I was quite shocked to see tent cities all over. On ramps, off ramps, for fork sake. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I was gone from US for 2 yrs solid because of covid, when I returned late last year for a visit I was quite shocked to see tent cities all over. On ramps, off ramps, for fork sake. 

IMO you can't blame all that on Biden and the Dems.

Damn, the way some of you describe things, most repats should be living in a cardboard box under a freeway underpass with life's belongs in a shopping cart!

The truth of course is that most return to normal middle class lives in normal middle class neighborhoods.

Of course there is homelessness for a host of reasons, a lot bundled up with drugs and mental illness

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

What are you getting on about? The irony is some restaurants didn't have in dining because they couldn't find workers yet homelessness increased. 

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Homelessness is always the fault of the current government.

Doing nothing is not the right course of action.

Stop spending money on aggression (disguised as defense), start spending money on your citizens.

I could cure a western country of homelessness, given power for 6 months.

Edited by BritManToo

5 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Damn, the way some of you describe things, most repats should be living in a cardboard box under a freeway underpass with life's belongs in a shopping cart!

The truth of course is that most return to normal middle class lives in normal middle class neighborhoods.

Of course there is homelessness for a host of reasons, a lot bundled up with drugs and mental illness

I have to say an expat getting by on only SS in Thailand where he can live comfortably and he returns to the US with no home to return to, he's screwed. No middleclass living for him.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cobra said:

The point is, that in an age difference where the Thai spouse or other is assumed to be much younger, the older partner will eventually need to be taken care of physically is also something to think about.

Would a much younger person be up to changing diapers on their older non-Thai spouse or would they bail. 

Read the title of this thread if you're confused.

Are you saying that a person around your age would change diapers?  Or is there some other factor that a non-age-gap relationship brings?

Not saying I disagree, just seeking confirmation.

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And what about if that university educated girl is small and brown? How high are her chances of finding a Thai guy with similar education who wants a little brown girl? Obviously all that is not fair and all that. But it's reality. So if only the darkest 10% are available for farangs that is still more than enough. 

hot-thai-uni-girls-5.jpg.3c2fb68b02637f607cebd4d46e848625.jpg

Looking back through the thread, I have to ask, is this girl actually confirmed as being "ugly" by Thai standards?  Or are you just suggesting that this is the kind of girl that you think Thai men don't like?

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Homelessness is always the fault of the current government.

Doing nothing is not the right course of action.

Stop spending money on aggression (disguised as defense), start spending money on your citizens.

I could cure a western country of homelessness, given power for 6 months.

IIRC, Trump was enriching himself and his buddies, and doing SFA for poor people, except conning them into believing his MAGA BS.

When the Dems got a majority in Congress, Trump was doing all he could to obstruct their social welfare bills.

I suppose you also think Margaret Thatcher has nothing to do with current UK conditions.

23 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I said she needs to think about remarrying, at which she was horrified and said the last thing she wanted was another man in her life.....Not sure how to take that.....5555

Haha, yeah.  Was it because she will never find a replacement who could live up to your standard, as you have ruined all other men in her eyes, or as long as she has enough money she just doesn't want the hassle and would rather be free to enjoy life? ????

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Haha, yeah.  Was it because she will never find a replacement who could live up to your standard, as you have ruined all other men in her eyes, or as long as she has enough money she just doesn't want the hassle and would rather be free to enjoy life? ????

I have a sneaky suspicion you know the correct answer.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

The dying part was a little tongue in cheek. The wife however, seemed genuinely shocked when I explained she might live for another 30 plus years after I had died!! 

I said she needs to think about remarrying, at which she was horrified and said the last thing she wanted was another man in her life.....Not sure how to take that.....5555

Please send me a PM.

Her up to date pictures, front, rear, full body, in bikini.
Next: financial statements.

I might help you out, that's what friends do.

• Haha 1