Health Ministry Warns of More Severe Cases After Songkran

snoop1130

18 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Underlying symptoms from lung infections due to poor health and pollution.

We are all going to get covid some people already had it and passed it on to friends and family unknowingly. Songkran is not going to make things better and if or when I get covid I would rather be dry than wet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So wait for the required period... you have no rights to jump the line. The vaccinations need to go to higher priority cases, those not fully vaccinated or those who received less effective ones.  

Fine . Just stopping telling everyone to get a booster then. They make it sound like we are not interested in getting one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

Fine . Just stopping telling everyone to get a booster then. They make it sound like we are not interested in getting one.

Get a booster if you are in need of one.... I expect after 2xPfizer you still have residual efficacy for the 6 months. A lot of Thais got the 2xSino and may well not have any left!. Pretty sure the OP is directed at the locals... they had to make do with Chinese vacs while foreigners were fortunate to get Pfizer. 

• Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Get a booster if you are in need of one.... I expect after 2xPfizer you still have residual efficacy for the 6 months. A lot of Thais got the 2xSino and may well not have any left!. Pretty sure the OP is directed at the locals... they had to make do with Chinese vacs while foreigners were fortunate to get Pfizer. 

As others have said, three months is now recommended for Pfitzer. Only three weeks left and my 6 months is up. Will be careful over Songkran when many people returning. Covid raging in our village now. 5 houses in our soi alone and living with 87 year old mother in law next door.  Wife is concerned for her mums sake.

9 hours ago, Denim said:

As others have said, three months is now recommended for Pfitzer. Only three weeks left and my 6 months is up. Will be careful over Songkran when many people returning. Covid raging in our village now. 5 houses in our soi alone and living with 87 year old mother in law next door.  Wife is concerned for her mums sake.

Well in Thailand it is 6 months.....   it could be supply or logistics but if a vaccine cannot supply efficacy for 6 months after 2 doses it isn't really much good is it?

Thais are rather phobic, caused by their own TV news...... I can certainly empathize relating to an elderly relative, I have similar concerns..... wife's mother  has only had 2 shots so far, 1xSino and a AZ.

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Don't tell me. I tried to get booster after 2 Pfizers but told to wait the full 6 months since last shot.

Having received 2 free Pfizer shots late last year at Medpark, Bangkok, I waited the required 6 months (no way Medpark would administer in less than 6 months. The MOPH regulations. 

Then after contacting them all the free government Pfizer vaccines were gone (allocated ) .

They offered a walk in Moderna shot for B1640. 

Did that yesterday....almost nobody there. 

I could have hunted around but this hospital has excellent staff and facilities. 

New vaccination certificate provided and Mor Prom updated. 

Hell, I could easily spend B1640 in a week on booze!

Money well spent? Maybe !

• Like 1

but what about stopping these people going home and spreading it??or is that a thought process just beyond some people .now deaths are almost approaching the level of daily death on the roads but fear not songkran driving will push that no into 2nd place real quick back where it belongs no doubt,please note public health minister

a door-to-door vaccination campaign for senior citizens and at-risk groups ahead of the Songkran holidays to prevent and contain the spread of COVID-19.

A bit late for any vaccinations to become effective ahead of Songkran now! They should have considered this much earlier!

7 hours ago, Denim said:

Don't tell me. I tried to get booster after 2 Pfizers but told to wait the full 6 months since last shot.

Depends who you ask, my wife got hers after 4 months at a walk-in centre in Bangkok. She was told to wait 6 months at the local hospital.

9 hours ago, Denim said:

I had my third Pfizer after 3 months, and the village clinic called me in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, edwinchester said:

When did you try to get a booster? The wait to get one was reduced to 3 months last year....I got a Pfizer booster in December after a second shot in September.

Ditto ditto

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So wait for the required period... you have no rights to jump the line. The vaccinations need to go to higher priority cases, those not fully vaccinated or those who received less effective ones.  

Five months after my Pfizer 2nd shot I went with my Thai lady to get her first booster. We went to the local Pranburi municipal center where they gave regular vaccinations.

For fun I took my vaccination card and passport. Once there she received a AZ booster and without hesitancy I received a third Pfizer. Yes, the registrar looked at the relevant dates.

I have no health issues or underlying conditions but am 72. 

I have no regrets nor feel that I got somebody else's booster. I simply used the system they had set up.

I think the 'required period' criterion has changed.

Take it where you find it I say.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jimjim1 said:

What percentage of the elderly and at risk groups have actually had two vaccinations?

With Omicron, it's getting the third dose on schedule that helps in terms of helping prevent infection to some extent, along with much greater effect of preventing more serious health impacts.

And in that regard, Thailand still has almost two-thirds of its population that has not been boosted.

2022-04-07a.jpg.df6f42a9b0984b003e4ad0bb51aee84a.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/537114884573507/?type=3

And what's worse, only slightly better for the most at-risk elderly population of age 60 and older, with about 62% having NOT received third shot booster doses thus far:

2022-04-07b.jpg.29271aae713e7e2368d1b09979a947a6.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/537114891240173/?type=3

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

fyi, the government has been posting more specific details of vaccination locations in the various provinces outside of BKK:

453029697_2022-04-06aProvinceVaccinationSites.jpg.f2aa9e3c4bd7abd7dd07eece7092a1a5.jpg

209497744_2022-04-06bProvinceVaccinationSites.jpg.948bd9f3008a3431e434e7af74cbf3f8.jpg

1098311129_2022-04-04BMAHospitalVaccinationsites.jpg.93200af510a26ce241ade0646d0b236d.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/photos

There's also about 4 pages of info on Chonburi province vaccination sites at the weblink above that they posted on March 30, so those are a bit further down in the list of images.

16 hours ago, Denim said:

Posted already.

Edited by mahtin
spurious

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Underlying symptoms from lung infections due to poor health and pollution.

No mention then that ( almost certainly) around 95-97% of those hospital cases/ deaths were unvaxxed adults ? who at this point in time have no excuse so can shove themselves; their superstitious nonsense denying non- Covid treatment by jamming up ICU wards & prolonging the Covid emergency here…also need to know how many 2/3 vaxxed are dying ? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This is the latest policy on booster timing from the government:

It has been 3 months for AZ for some time. I booked an appointment at the centre in MBK Center when it first started up and my wife came along with me. There were hardly anyone there so she asked and was told no problem. I had another AZ and she had another Pfizer, both in and out in under 20 minutes.

At that point in time the government line on booster after 2 x Pfizer was 6 months.

If I get my 5th in the UK I will be eligible for a 6th in June.

On 4/7/2022 at 5:15 AM, Fairynuff said:

Stating the obvious. Crowded places and parties…. Covid spreads like wildfire. We all know by now and hopefully making informed choices on how we behave.

The data collected around the world for over 18 months indicates transmission outdoors is very low risk