Water guns confiscated as Thai police prevent Songkran splashing at Khao San Road

webfact

What a farce - checking for guns and masks! What are the expecting "Gunfight at the OK  Corral"? 

Meantime, "out on the range", I believe road fatalities are higher than ever!

Priorities,eh?

XX.jpg

c67ee312ba676ea3fc85e3dfc68a958e93106db9f6164e826a80bedac41f7c09.jpg

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

This followed scenes on Wednesday when foreign and Thai tourists engaged in water fights contrary to regulations.

After the event yet again.... 

let people have their fun then comes the fake crackdown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

The law is the law. Asian Now netizens complain when RTP don't do their job and then complain when they do. 

I believe that's much of the problem... it's not *the law*. Rather, some vague articles were cited none of which I absolutely guarantee mandate two year sentences for water play.

Articles hardly seem like typical codified criminal code although I admit to knowing nothing about it. Seems a reference to a larger document perhaps even the last / newest / latest constitution.

Personally, I'm very anti water guns, idiocracy. Really detest this juvenilsm but you need proper laws and penalties and not just threats.

Edited by TheScience

Can Thai police be hired to provide security and order at kids birthday parties?   You know prevent cruel games like pin the tail on the donkey....and of course if it's a pool party prevent peeing in the pool. 

'

20 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

The law is the law. Asian Now netizens complain when RTP don't do their job and then complain when they do. 

If they, the police, had been there day one to enforce the law this whole issue would not have blown up, proactive rather than reactive. But TIT.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Phra Nakhon district official Wasan Bunmeunwai went to the tourist street with Chana Songkram station policemen as both ends of the street were tightly monitored.

On Thursday.. but where were they Wednesday?

Blind eye again.

When I first moved to Thailand in 2010 I was like Freedom!!!

33.jpg

Then the Junta coup & we left a few years later in 2017

Now I have to admit since we moved away from Thailand I once again know what true freedom is & am happy to have it.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Empty them quick over a policeman. 

Good memories from by-gone years, one cop had his face dabbed all-over with powder, he lent over a drum of water to wash it off, my misses came up behind him and pushed his face into the water. ???? :cheesy: our village used to have Songkran a week or so after as most worked in resorts, started around 5pm road closed off, went on till the wee hours, water trucks spraying the whole crowd, music blasting out everybody dancing and happy, that was before 2014, that happiness has sadly never returned to the people.

• Like 2

The RTP and there checkpoints have NEVER worked to stop the carnage and it just gets worse every year, yet they continue to use them, repeating the same mistake year after year, instead of actually patrolling the roads. Insanity !

971928183_images(60).jpg.3f0b14e8e5c7cd3cf31c38bda6abf745.jpg

29 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The RTP and there checkpoints have NEVER worked to stop the carnage and it just gets worse every year, yet they continue to use them, repeating the same mistake year after year, instead of actually patrolling the roads. Insanity !

Police stations are not provided with enough budget and/or vehicles by the government to patrol the roads effectively.