COVID Won’t Be Endemic on July 1

snoop1130

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

Traveling around over Songkran, I got the impression that everyone knows it's everywhere - and cares very little.

10.000 ppl at full moon party at Koh Phangan during Songkran. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

Well it shouldn't be if they had any sense. They know covid is already very widespread in Thailand.

There's certainly no need to attempt to keep it out of the country - so it's definitely not about keeping covid out of Thailand, not any more - and it hasn't been about keeping it out of the country for a long time now.

I have a feeling they need to be seen to be doing something regardless of whether it makes the slightest bit of difference to the situation.

Perhaps they should protect the wider world from becoming infected inside Thailand by shutting down all the airports - that would make just as much sense as what they're doing now - ie - none, what they're doing is pure nonsense and they should stop it immediately.

Nailed it ! Spot on........

11 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I'm afraid Thais will become so used to being afraid of new falang....

no masks??  OMG, Thais might trust new falang in the year 2065.

Everyday I get those looks........did he come off the plane today?  Get our kids away from the falang!!!!  

It's farang.... plsss

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Ministry of Public Health will not declare COVID-19 an endemic disease on July 1, according to Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

What is most amazing about the illustrious Anutin is the forward seeing ability of his crystal ball.

Here it is mid April yet he can see all the way into July 1st 2022

Must be all the concrete dust from his previous job

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Card said:

Anyway I have booked my return ticket for July 2 in hope it will be endemic by then. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, about that, not happening I am afraid. Bring your masks and prepare for a ASQ stay for 1 day and possibly more if infected or unvaccinated. But, good luck.

2 hours ago, Jotho said:

Hello!?!?!?!

In a country with 70.000.000 there are just over 100 daily dead who are registrered positive... Did they die of covid, or did they die with covid??  Seriously this scaremongering has got to stop!!!

I am just amazed that nobody properly questions this as this is clearly used as a tool to control the people and country there!!!

Are you here in Thailand or posting from afar? It appears from afar so you have no knowledge of reality here.! 

When a person is told their parent just died of Covid they won't be making futile arguments with the doctor...  but mourning.

Isn't there enough issues in your own country to rave over? 

It is the pandemic that we need to stop..... 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

There are football stadiums packed all over Australia and NZ and no problems, this has been happening over 2 weeks now , with now problems reported so far, otherwise they would not be open, No Wucking Furries Mate.

There were 34,270 new cases reported yesterday  and deaths are on the rise, but never mind eh... got to keep playing grab-ass!

Edited by jacko45k

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There were 34,270 new cases reported yesterday  and deaths are on the rise, but never mind eh... got to keep playing grab-ass!

Don't let facts get in the way of your scaremongering. There were not 34,270 cases reported that resulted from attendances solely at the sports stadiums.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Letseng said:

Because those policies are sooo successful. See Europe. Follow South Korea yes, but the mask mandate remains. 

You really need the mask mandate now that Songkran is over, I see too many people coughing everywhere I go.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

On a population adjusted basis, cases consistently higher than Thailand’s (apparent) numbers, deaths consistently lower. Masks have also largely disappeared from most indoor settings. High vaccination rates, not masks, is the way to go.

I think Oz authorities recognized that, but getting vaccination done takes time and interim measures were needed. Not sure why uou compare to Thailand specifically.....Australia has done well, but let us not forget the early strict measures there. 

A big self set up to fail surprised they announced so soon. Combating phase, declining phase then like magic on July 1 it is endemic? What a bunch of nonsense. Previous articles had said things like "The air arrival positive rate must be below 3 percent" and "The WHO must approve it" The World Health Organization will not be declaring an end to the global pandemic for years we not even got first jabs in many countries and Thai government loves the emergency degree.

Just cancel Thailand Pass and arrival testing the tourists will come. The rest is permanent this will never end for Thailand. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jotho said:

Hello!?!?!?!

In a country with 70.000.000 there are just over 100 daily dead who are registrered positive... Did they die of covid, or did they die with covid??  Seriously this scaremongering has got to stop!!!

I am just amazed that nobody properly questions this as this is clearly used as a tool to control the people and country there!!!

they do want to question it but are being censored

• Like 2
  • Sad 1