Thailand Pass to stay, PM to oversee situation after end of "Test and Go"

snoop1130

This summary in the full text of the OP article seems a pretty decent recap of the new rules effective May 1:

951171452_2022-04-28IntlTravelerentryrulesasofMay12022-ThaiPBSWorld.jpg.7a753eaed012de261e83030f81c742ca.jpg

Still the potential for a mandatory 5-day quarantine IF you happen to be unlucky enough to be determined to have come in contact with an infected person....

And, at least in this report, they don't seem to be clarifying just what their "vaccinated" rule means -- two doses only, or two doses plus a booster.

I believe Anutin the other day said 3 doses are going to be required in order to avoid having to do the pre-departure RT-PCR test, but I I haven't seen that explicitly confirmed elsewhere as yet.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So July 1st is a no go for a total scrapping it appears.

I didn't think the Thai Pass would be scrapped as I didn't think they'd scrap the need for insurance and, the Thai Pass is probably the best way they can check people are insured in advance. Just my take on it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Willy Wombat said:

Good grief.

What a bunch of incompetent imbeciles.

One minute they’re scrapping the rules and 2  hours later they’re not .

Not quite. It was only expected that the rules would be scrapped. Very different to it actually being declared by the government. Too many people in Thailand like to  open their mouth and get involved in something they aren't actually involved in. It's okay for people to offer an opinion. but don't then treat what they say as fact, because it often isn't.

• Like 1

It reminds me of Einstein's definition of insanity ... "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result". Thailand obviously did not learn any lessons from this past high season with their ever changing rules and off again on again requirements. They blame the lack of tourists on anything else they can, but won't look in the mirror to see that tourists aren't returning because of the uncertainty created by their on again off again requirements, and all the added hassles, costs and risks. I would love to start making plans to return for the winter next fall, but I'm not going to waste any time and effort to return as long as this insanity continues. 

• Haha 1

Think people are over reacting. Most countries have some sort of requirements to enter post covid, and people want a holiday.

New Thai pass will just ask that insurance is booked (maybe 300-400 baht cheapest package) and QR of vaccines are uploaded.

The ATK test might not even get asked for, and it’s not difficult to provide a negative test result if so.

• Like 1

Arrived into Thailand on April 1 by air.  Pre departure, the airline checked insurance certificate, vaccine record, hotel reservation (yes, the actually asked for the confirmation of hotel/PCR test being prepaid demanding to see a copy of the confirmation), but……they never asked to see the Thailand pass.

So, agreeing with others here that the Thai Pass is a redundant waste of time.

Upon arrival at Swampy someone did ask to see the pass before I got to immigration.  Immigration asked for nothing more than my Tm6 and passport.

Confusion yes which is why no one should be surprise the people who write this stuff is as much. 

Here is my take?

This article is basically talking about a decision already made confusing reader as if it is new or changed again?  

It is to me reiterating the changes starting May 1st,  which keeps the TP still running. But as we have read there has been a proposal submitted to end the whole thing June 1st, which hasn't been heard so let continue to cross our fingers. ????

Thailand Pass stays.. the only difference now is there is no PCR test anymore at arrival and the insurance is lowered to 10.000 USD..... Not much change and that will probably continue after the 1st of June too, maybe added with a booster less than 3 months ago too 

Edited by ikke1959

Now I’m getting confused on exactly what will be required after 1 May.  From what I read, it appears we need to complete/upload:

— ThaiPass

— Vax card image or QR code

— Image of insurance policy

Will we also have to show hotel booking (but not SHA+) and/or pre-boarding PCR test?

AFAIK, they will scrap any testing on arrival after 1 May….right?

Thanks!

Any bookies around? I bet, that the Thailand Pass will be replaced by the international vaccination certificate, issued for the last 50+ years already, by the WHO. That also means, that yet another useless bureaucratic milestone will disappear - eventually.

Meanwhile all those tourism related businesses can kiss the very little summer 2022 business definitely Good Bye as competing summer destinations realized last year already, that this coronaphobia is not essentially driving business upwards ???? See Senegal, the Dominican Republic, Central and South America, apart from many European destinations - fully booked to the rims. 

• Like 1

Why does she explain the CURRENT steps to apply for the TP as they will change shortly?

Furthermore, the headline is quite misleading. Its only explained that TP will remain after the easing begin of May. We knew this already. Nothing is said about details of further easing. Actually there is no news in this article,  just fearmongering. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, daveAustin said:

The prime minister (lol) couldn’t care less about the hassles tourists face, the stifling of the economy, the plight of Thais and even levels of covid in the country. It is ALL about control, enriching them and theirs, and fashioning the unfortunate Thailand into how they would want to see it and screw everyone else. Horrible, arrogant, egoistic, selfish urchins.

exactly the main word  CONTROL  they were handed an easy way of the suppression of the people with covid they ain't going lo let it go that easy..

• Like 1