Sick Buffalo stories

With the exception of the men who are clever enough to hire a private detective to look into her background, and pay some real money to do it right, there is no way to know. They all have stories. And most of the stories are ones that they know we want to hear. So many times I have heard friends say, "Oh no, she is new. She has only been working at the bar two weeks. I was her first customer. She worked in a factory before that. I could tell how innocent she was'. Yeah right!

I would just generally say no. From my many years of experience, with Thai women, and friends who have asked for advice, and whom I have witnessed, most relationships have a "witching hour". A time that they start demanding more. A house, a car, a condo, or something quite expensive. This is very common. If you are not going to build my family a house, at least give me some gold. 

The real question is, do you have long term intentions with this woman? Do you see yourself living here with her into the future, and making a life with her? How well do you know her family? Do you like and trust them? If you answered yes to these questions, the first thing I would do, would be to spend a mere 20,000 baht to hire a private detective to look into her. They can find out if she is online with profiles, they can dig up info about her past, etc. If you already harbor suspicions about her, they may be warranted. Trust your instincts. Although it may not seem like alot of money to you, in terms of personal pride, self esteem and just paying tribute to your gender, you DO NOT want to be the next guy who got taken for a ride!

We have all heard that story before. My family owns 25,000 rai of land. But, I need 20,000 a month to send to them, because all their wealth is tied up in their land, which they won't sell! 

• Like 1

I've given money to a BG that was a long term GF, but other than that, the only person that got money out of me was my Thai wife ( but not as a "wage" ). I "loaned" her family money for mother's funeral, and "loaned" my wife money for a business deal, but got divorced before got the money back, so will never know if I would have or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why spend money on a private detective?

For me it was easy: If she loves me then she will stay with me even when I am not rich. Last time when I started a relationship I didn't have much money and not much income. If she didn't like it she could have walked away. She didn't.

And if a guy obviously has money that still doesn't mean he has to spend it for her and her demands.

And if he does spend it and if he does try to impress her or buy her with money then don't be surprised when she takes the money and don't be surprised if she looks how much you are willing to pay. After all, you started that game.

I'm willing to pay 10kbht/month .................. + free housing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've given money to a BG that was a long term GF, but other than that, the only person that got money out of me was my Thai wife ( but not as a "wage" ). I "loaned" her family money for mother's funeral, and "loaned" my wife money for a business deal, but got divorced before got the money back, so will never know if I would have or not.

Best not to loan money for 'business deals' ..... they never work out.

Just pay for sex, per go, but never more than a month up front.

Makes 'relationships' much easier.

It depends on the circumstances. I give extra to caddies and my regular massage lady, I know times are hard with COVID. There's a very old lady who walks between two villages, I stop and give her 100 baht every time I see her. She works at funerals cleaning up, and only gets paid in food.

I've given my Thai GF what she has asked of me, and I get what I want in return. Compared to most in her village, she is on Easy Street.

Back in the day, I was asked several times if I could help by buying an share in a bar or shop, or making a large loan. My response was I did not know the person asking thought I looked that stupid.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

With the exception of the men who are clever enough to hire a private detective to look into her background, and pay some real money to do it right, there is no way to know. They all have stories. And most of the stories are ones that they know we want to hear. So many times I have heard friends say, "Oh no, she is new. She has only been working at the bar two weeks. I was her first customer. She worked in a factory before that. I could tell how innocent she was'. Yeah right!

I would just generally say no. From my many years of experience, with Thai women, and friends who have asked for advice, and whom I have witnessed, most relationships have a "witching hour". A time that they start demanding more. A house, a car, a condo, or something quite expensive. This is very common. If you are not going to build my family a house, at least give me some gold. 

The real question is, do you have long term intentions with this woman? Do you see yourself living here with her into the future, and making a life with her? How well do you know her family? Do you like and trust them? If you answered yes to these questions, the first thing I would do, would be to spend a mere 20,000 baht to hire a private detective to look into her. They can find out if she is online with profiles, they can dig up info about her past, etc. If you already harbor suspicions about her, they may be warranted. Trust your instincts. Although it may not seem like alot of money to you, in terms of personal pride, self esteem and just paying tribute to your gender, you DO NOT want to be the next guy who got taken for a ride!

We have all heard that story before. My family owns 25,000 rai of land. But, I need 20,000 a month to send to them, because all their wealth is tied up in their land, which they won't sell! 

Now we are there again. Rubbish! Just take you last sentence. Yes, the family might own 25 rai of land. My wife´s father actually owns 50 rai, where he have rubber on 6 rai and rice on maybe about 15. He have some cows and buffalos. Still that do not make much money per year. It´s farm land. Why would they sell their farm land? That would be like fire yourself from work.

We help them with some money every month, and also when he need for pay people cutting rice and such things. It´s absolutely no story. It´s real life we are talking about. I would not like my wife´s family to live on some 10k baht per month. That´s no life. 

My wife is a sucker for this.

I've lost count how many times she has 'loaned' money to friends and family, never to see it again.

I don't want to tar the whole country with the same brush, but there is an underlying truth that lending money to folks in Thailand carries a strong possibility that you will never see it ever again!

Many years ago, long before living here, so about 15 years ago, a young lady who is a very good friend ( nothing more ) asked to borrow 10k Baht, and on every return trip I made she would repay 2 or 3k baht until it was paid off, many years later and we are still the best of friends. So yes, you can trust some of them.

• Like 2