Take care of me

6 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Can you take care of me. 

By the way, she admitted that she can't cook either.

I met my wife in Bkk and one day I asked if she could cook... she said no...

We went to visit her village and she was an excellent cook. I asked her why in Bkk she said she couldn't cook - she told me that in Bkk she didn't have the time. 

And even in the Western World, in the not too distant past - my father worked and my mother stayed home and took care of the household... his 'taking care' was assumed - financially. 

2 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I met my wife in Bkk and one day I asked if she could cook... she said no...

We went to visit her village and she was an excellent cook. I asked her why in Bkk she said she couldn't cook - she told me that in Bkk she didn't have the time. 

And even in the Western World, in the not too distant past - my father worked and my mother stayed home and took care of the household... his 'taking care' was assumed - financially. 

She lied caused she didnt want to

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

In the movie Heat, the Robert De Niro character says:

'A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."'

Of course, in the end, he didn't follow that advice.

I understand some can not afford just to leave, and are stuck. Times was different just 10 year back or before when they settled, and maybe thought the same as me? 

But for me in Isan, I can not let that happen, I need to know I can escape if necessary, and also do have a plan, and not cut all ties to the real world. Still got property back home as well. 

when that is said, I believe I made gold out of stone, and time will show if Im right or not. At least it havenot taken my sleep away, and Im still enjoying my pink glasses handed out when I landed first time back 20 years ago. Unbreakable and of excellent quality. Not sure they make them anymore now, and give away cheep made in china glasses instead. 

From what I've heard, I'm lucky I got a wife who wants to work. She was working her behind off waitressing when I first met her in a BKK restaurant. She had also been doing housekeeping and reception in hotels.

As I teach English online to adults now, I love telling them of her success story. She had only finished school up to 6th grade, after which her parents then made her work on the farm, then factories, then she made her way to BKK. And no, while she's cute, she couldn't measure up to the head turners who went into the usual profession, so it was off into legit hospitality she went. Here she talked to the tourists, and acquired a decent, conversational level of English, the same I tell my students they could easily have with the same level of practice and dedication as she.

After we dated and later got married, she's traveled around with me as I've worked at different schools. Of course being the farang I had to provide support, but this didn't mean she had to quit. She picked up jobs in restaurants where we were living, and for the landladies at our apt buildings, cleaning up the place, and handling the tenants. When I got a job at a certain awful, disgustingly arrogant BKK private school, it fortunately had a great fringe benefit, a busy market next to our condo. Here she opened a somtam shop, and in the first three months with a lot of sweat and coming home at 10-11 pm each night, she raked in 150k baht.

Seeing this motivated her to keep going. She didn't want to quit. Unfortunately Covid put an end to that, as there was a body found in the street not far from that market, prompting it and our shop's shutdown. Good timing as I was sick of that school anyway, so back to her parent's place here in Issan we came, scoring a job at the local country bumpkin school, which I'd take over dealing BKK hi-sos any day of the week.

She's still working, in a shop in a market next to the dusty country road. Mr. Farang husband brings home a modest amount from the country bumpkin school and online teaching, yet she still doesn't want to quit. Next step is the USA, where we've both been eyeing the labor shortage in the news, $60k a year for me, and $15-20/hr for her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

But for me in Isan, I can not let that happen, I need to know I can escape if necessary, and also do have a plan, and not cut all ties to the real world

I can escape any time I want -- it's her house.

• Haha 1

i guess this refers to a certain type of girl, maybe, also, a certain type of guy.. i've, honestly, never, ever had a girl say that to me.

despite my lack of experience, common sense would suggest she means she wants money/financial security. i think i'd advise anyone who said that to me to get a job as everyone else has to.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just imagine she would ask you if you want to take care of her...

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems all of them want somebody to take care of them. Everything, 100%.

Just think like if you have a daughter. You pay for EVERYTHING.

Personally I think that is fair if you get a pretty young cute girl who makes you happy every day.

But why would anybody take care of an old women who is just too lazy to do anything?

Just imagine she would ask you if you want to take care of her...

hot-thai-uni-girls-121.jpg.654d5d47867224a123255af0f6bf206c.jpg

As someone once said very wisely on these boards: "There are really only two questions: Can you afford that and is she worth it?". BTW - she's gonna need a car, after all, all her friends have one.

I used to "take care" of some like that a few afternoons a week. They were "working their passage" as it were. They throw the uniform away once they finish uni (you did WHAT?)

Edited by mokwit

4 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I know there are guys who will chime in found the perfect woman etc and more power to them, but I in ten years nor anyone of the foreigners I know or have known her have a relationship like this.

Its the same people chiming in every time on every thread like this to tell us of their "wonder wives".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think in part this is the "I will take care of you" promise.

I never promised any girl a regular payment. She stays with me and I pay for life. And if she needs new clothes or a new phone or whatever that is ok, that is real life. But nothing like: Take x amount every month. 

A girl who doesn't like a guy wouldn't agree to such an arrangement. And a girl who is happy if she is together with the guy she loves doesn't need more.

Presumably they have jobs then?

Love the Heat movie until the end. If De Niro goes to NZ he lives and you get a sequel to the movie! Huge writing error!

He goes to NZ finds a girl then after 5 years gets bored comes back to rob banks.

Heat 2

Then he gets away to Carribean to become a poker player.

Heat 3

Pacino finds him and kills him on a beach late one night.

3 movies instead of one.

How old are you though ? Because if you are 20+ years older than the girl then I think they may ask for a financial benefit as part of the deal.

I am younger than my Thai Wife and she doesn't ask for much and we have lived together for over 4 years now.

5 minutes ago, Chad91 said:

How old are you though ? Because if you are 20+ years older than the girl then I think they may ask for a financial benefit as part of the deal.

I am younger than my Thai Wife and she doesn't ask for much and we have lived together for over 4 years now.

I think that's fair enough too as long as you know the deal and don't delude yourself she is in love with you. And like most things here in LOS that may look good on the outside ....be prepared to lose it. If you got deep pockets and happy to indulge her...she is young and beautiful and the girl makes you happy have at it. Just don't fall in love with her

Edited by Kenny202

11 minutes ago, Chad91 said:

I would be asking her for an allowance if I were you, you boy toy....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Its the same people chiming in every time on every thread like this to tell us of their "wonder wives".

Not me, I pay a much younger Thai lady to pretend to be my wife and love me.

She can't cook, can't clean, and I have to pay for everything, but she's great in bed.

She did finish high school and two years at Uni, but I had to pay for that as well.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

She can't cook, can't clean, and I have to pay for everything, but she's great in bed.

I see a Chinese girl 21. Great kisser, great in bed. Hot body.

It gets boring after a while.

Be nice to find a woman who has a brain but is also horny.

• Like 1

Guess this is a problem specially for people living permanently in thailand.

We stay 7 months each year, rest norway.

Told my wife early: 

In "developed" countries ladies not workimg are considered lazy or stupid, or both.

She understood ????

bot among ladies residing thailand full time, they are considered smart, hiso and rich...

Belive it or not ????

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Picture please.
We have to rate her.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Olav Seglem said:

Guess this is a problem specially for people living permanently in thailand.

We stay 7 months each year, rest norway.

Told my wife early: 

In "developed" countries ladies not workimg are considered lazy or stupid, or both.

She understood ????

bot among ladies residing thailand full time, they are considered smart, hiso and rich...

Belive it or not ????

Good plan.

34 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

She did finish high school and two years at Uni, but I had to pay for that as well.

You met her in high school?

42 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

At least find someone who is finished high school

• Haha 1