Government plans to introduce ‘Endemic Sandbox’ program as part Covid relaxation schedule

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

concept which includes relaxed measures including no more face mask mandates in some areas

More confusing messages.

Either mandate masks or don't. At this point I recommend the latter.

And what other "measures" are there which need to be relaxed? Temperature check? Sheesh, nobody uses those things for eons.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Temperature check? Sheesh, nobody uses those things for eons.

The security guy at our office still checks the temp of everyone entering, every morning without fail, and enters details on a clipboard.. ????  Gives him a sense of purpose I suppose.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DezLez said:

It looks like another ploy to lay down some more rules before we pretend to remove the rules!

Never seen such a waste of skin in my life,and it will only get worse if this control freak ever becomes PM,God forbid that happening!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

sandbox is to play in enclosed space, like phuket, samui, koh chang.

If you try to play in a capital city agglomeration of 15mln people and some 25% of the country population, that's not a sandbox anymore.

Some 2mln seniors in thailand (out of 12mln) are not vaccinated even with 1 dose. In Bangkok there are still hundreds thousands of them.

Yep, to bad. Shall we just go on with life again???

You give these low level bureaucrats a taste of power and control, they will want more and more, longer and longer and eventually become corrupted with the precious ring of control. Covid brought the worst out from the people in government and agencies. Especially in some East and Southeast Asian countries where true democracy does not exist, the ring of power brought the most irrational and controlling bureaucratic behaviour of all. It is really disgusting to witness such addiction on power and control. I really suggest people do not visit Thailand at all if you can avoid. Feed on those bureaucrats' greed for more control and more power will cause long term damage to everyone who loves (or used to love) Thailand. 

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sandboxes, schmandboxes.

It's more work for the public to keep up with all these facacta schemes than the "work" to come up with them.

Here's mine:

Sandbox sandbox, for toddlers to play with sand

They most certainly have a "toddler's" mindset assuming they actually have a mind!

Thailand is unlike any other country in the world when it comes to regulations,  restrictions,  measures and mandates.  They seemed to relish every bit of bureaucracy and paperwork as anyone on the planet.  Its almost a discipline!

• Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 9:50 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

Sadly they do not. Normally stupid people learn from their mistakes. Normally!

By definition if someone is stupid , there will be no lesson learned ....unless one is made a stupid error but stupidity is not inherent to their condition....I let you decide where those people stand lol

• Haha 1

unfortunately, the bureaucrats' fear of losing face from making a decision/relaxing restrictions that results in any uptick in cases is so great that it overpowers their mental ability to make rational fact-based decisions. Their thinking is over powered by "but what if...?" of possibility rather than decisions based on probability.

that results in their being willing to only move the line a millimeter forward and then waiting to see what happens over an excessively long period before considering another mm move.