Face masks back on as cabinet votes down end of mandate in June. Nightlife trade slams reopening

webfact

Many members have already summed it up

- there are masks to be sold, and profit to be made

- the Muppets in charge like to keep their power

- no one bothers with science or common sense here, anyway

It's time to let the public and business owners decide for themselves. Many will keep wearing them, and many businesses will tell customers and staff to wear them... but freedom of choice is what's needed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cauldlad said:

Nothing to worry about here, nothing is ever enforced anyway!!

Except at 7/11, I've seen many being yelled at for not wearing a mask or not doing temp check ????

• Like 1

Been down south for some weeks now and no need to wear a mask, I was almost in a shock the first few days. Now I can't even imagine to walk around with a mask elsewhere when outside.

Been like this since months here too, tells how silly the rule is in the first place. Never helped.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Just curious, is there a BKK protest march being planned in the near future!?

Paralyzing STUPIDITY of this magnitude needs to be highlighted, if only to spare the potential foreign 

tourists from all the sensible countries in the world, so they will be forewarned that they are about

to pay money to enter MASKVILLE, a loverly place run by idiotic eunuchs! Who ignore science amongst other things.

• Like 2

Just now, Molly Malone said:

Paralyzing STUPIDITY of this magnitude needs to be highlighted, if only to spare the potential foreign 

tourists from all the sensible countries in the world, so they will be forewarned that they are about

to pay money to enter MASKVILLE, a loverly place run by idiotic eunuchs! Who ignore science amongst other things.

There is no need for a mask down south in almost any place, and most tourists are there since they reopened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Molly Malone said:

Only if it's Instagrammable, and the organisers provide free bubble tea (and masks).

• Like 1

What more can be said?  It's a retarded decision by an idiot. Pray-hoot is pathetically sad and stupid but really thinks he's the saviour of Thailand.  Move over Trump, you've been supplanted by a bigger <deleted> on opposite side of the world.  Feel really bad for the Thai people.

• Like 1

Perhaps the longer this worthless crowd keep this pretence up and think that they can control the nation, perhaps more and more of the nation will become even more vindictive towards them and the Elite who keep them in power and instead, the retribution coming to them them will become greater once finally their time is up.

Edited by Excel

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Then the foreign tourists should be made aware of this

Yesterday evening I viewed this live webcam from Koh Samui.  I saw many foreigners but not one was wearing a mask.

It's like this all over Thailand.

I saw many Thais yesterday in my local Isaan town walking around without masks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai cabinet, on Monday, blocked a proposal to remove the face mask mandate in respect of outdoor environments. The decision comes amid growing criticism from the country’s nightlife sector over the public health measures being imposed on businesses, at this time, including the need for staff to wear face masks and a midnight closing time.

Alas, masks are here to stay, and will be for a long time.  They have looked elsewhere and observed how cases have spiked in other countries where mask wearing has been relaxed it appears.  This will make the anti-maskers even more disgruntled and they will still do as they please.  

• Like 2

This is just to funny. Nightlife customers having a massage are not happy because they can't see their masseuses face while getting a massage. So the customer wants to see the masseuses smile when the customer has a happy ending and smiling as well, 5555555555555.

23 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

The 'temp check' is another example of pure conditioning. Last week I watched a group of eight masked up Thais in their 20s religiously queue up to do the temp check to "enter" W District in Phrakhanong ... which is all open air, and so which has no defined 'entrance'. They queued to 'get in' past the (unoccupied) guard's table next to the temp scanner, despite there being 20 yards of open frontage right next to it.

And so in your opinion that's a bad thing.  People do follow mandates, regardless of your personal views.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

44 minutes ago, 2long said:

Many members have already summed it up

- there are masks to be sold, and profit to be made

- the Muppets in charge like to keep their power

- no one bothers with science or common sense here, anyway

It's time to let the public and business owners decide for themselves. Many will keep wearing them, and many businesses will tell customers and staff to wear them... but freedom of choice is what's needed.

Again another one who wants to push their own views, beliefs, and agendas on another country where they have their own mandates and regulations in regards to wearing masks.  It is no big deal to wear a mask as needed, takes no time to put one on and then dispose of it when you return to your domicile.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 6

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

Yesterday evening I viewed this live webcam from Koh Samui.  I saw many foreigners but not one was wearing a mask.

It's like this all over Thailand.

It does seem that Tourists are somewhat exempt from the stupid rule. Maybe I need to get my hair braided and slip on a pair of elephant pants next time I'm out and about in BKK.

Seriously though, clearly someone with connections has an interest in manufacturing/selling these useless things. LOS has turned into LOM. Very sad that the decline of Thailand continues unabated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

I wore a mask in Thailand for 4 months, all it did for me was make me drink more as I didn't have to wear a mask in bars

Now back in Aus I had to wear a mask in the Doctors clinic. I lasted 20 minutes and left as I couldn't stand having the mask on...mild form of PTSD?

Don't know why you find it so onerous..... are you using a medieval face guard type or a Scold's Bridle. I have no issue with the surgical mask types in the Mall,  where it is air-conditioned. A bit sweaty and uncomfortable walking the humid Pattaya streets maybe.

I thought the Ozzies had a bit more metal!

• Like 2