Pattaya traffic

Guderian

Yes - many weekend drivers from Bangkok  who don't  know the  city slow things down and I guess  more people have more cars. During  the Covid  lockdown the city streets got quieter now they are returning  to normal. Pattaya is a very big busy city- that's it. Apart from  Bangkok  which  other city is bigger?

• Like 2

On 6/1/2022 at 4:36 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Yes it's terrible, Pratumnak to central via 2nd road is bad with road works, Sukhumvit is terrible to and from Sattahip. Walking st one lane only plus for good measures I see the tour buses have come back to Pratumnak

The very few buses here are from Bangkok  - not Chinese  tour buses but the beautifully decorated VIP - usually at weekends

20220429_171322.jpg

Edited by The Hammer2021

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes - many weekend drivers from Bangkok  who don't  know the  city slow things down and I guess  more people have more cars. During  the Covid  lockdown the city streets got quieter now they are returning  to normal. Pattaya is a very big busy city- that's it. Apart from  Bangkok  which  other city is bigger?

Pattaya is small if one considers the built up area.... I expect Korat and KK are bigger cities. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Guderian said:

Unbelievable some of the places they're digging up now. The back road from Patanakan up to the top of Kao Talo (I use it to get to Siamburi's) is now being torn up so you either have to drive much further along to the next junction on Patanakan and then wend your way up to the top (watch that right-angle bend halfway up, it's a doozy!) or else put up with the traffic on Soi Kao Talo. Yet it was only a year or 18 months ago that they were tearing up the road surface on the top of the hill just past Saimburi's, by the Birdcage. I suppose there's a plan but it all looks quite random to me.

I live along Soi Padtanakan, yes that  hilly road next to the temple is one of the roads i was referring too, they dug it up ages ago, & its seems they've forgotten it........BUT.... yesterday 2 june  they started laying cement at the top of the hill, who knows how long it will take  to finish , then maybe  Siamburi's customer levels can return to normal 

• Like 1

There are cities bigger then Pattaya, but it may be number 2 for density.  All the high-rise condos and hotels from Naklua to way south Jomtien can't think of another place in the country besides Bangkok with the density within the space of Pattaya.

That road project from Pattaya toward Satahip is horrific.  Drove it the other day saw just a few workers it took over 1 hour to get back to Pattaya looks like a 2 year deal at least.  I assume they are waiting for foreign labor to come, doesn't look like Thais are interested in that job.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2022 at 4:36 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Yes it's terrible, Pratumnak to central via 2nd road is bad with road works, Sukhumvit is terrible to and from Sattahip. Walking st one lane only plus for good measures I see the tour buses have come back to Pratumnak

Top of hill by cosy beach, Very congested on weekends, with people going to 3 mermaids etc. 

Drove in to Pattaya from the Darkside this afternoon around 3 pm on the motorway.  Traffic was backed up past the Sattahip exit.  At 3 pm.  Took forever to make the right turn with cars trying to cut the line and bad congestion on Sukhumvit limiting the number of cars that could make the turn on a signal cycle.  Total mess.  Not a cop in sight, of course.  Yes, a holiday weekend but still few international tourists and tourist buses right now.  I don't look forward to what it's going to be like on a holiday weekend when the tourists are back in force.

13 minutes ago, newnative said:

Drove in to Pattaya from the Darkside this afternoon around 3 pm on the motorway.  Traffic was backed up past the Sattahip exit.  At 3 pm.  Took forever to make the right turn with cars trying to cut the line and bad congestion on Sukhumvit limiting the number of cars that could make the turn on a signal cycle.  Total mess.  Not a cop in sight, of course.  Yes, a holiday weekend but still few international tourists and tourist buses right now.  I don't look forward to what it's going to be like on a holiday weekend when the tourists are back in force.

It's actually the perfect storm of roadworks around Pattaya incl 2nd road, it will kick off the weekend somewhere 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, champers said:

... so you are complaining about people complaining. It does indeed go on and on. 

I said I'm saddened by the many complaints, please read my comment again. 

BTW, I will make a complaint now that you have brought it up. 

I would like to complain about you antagonizing members, I reckon you guys are the biggest moaners. 

On 6/2/2022 at 8:00 AM, bkk6060 said:

Yes, more traffic and it is Bangkok and Chonburi plates.

The Thais are taking back their beaches and islands after being controlled by foreigners for years before Covid.  Good for them, I hope it continues or maybe they know this is their last opportunity before the hoards of foreigners start returning.

The beaches in Pattaya were never controlled by foreigners - they were controlled by Thai beach vendors. 

On 6/2/2022 at 2:55 PM, bbko said:

So it takes 15 minutes instead of 5 to get from Nakula/Sukhumvit to Pattaya Tai/Sukhumvit?  Boo Hoo...555.  Try living in BKK where it takes hours to get from one side to the other.

No thank you! The best thing about BKK is the road south back to Pattaya. BKK is far too busy for me thank you