Royal Thai Police on Alert for Possible Iranian Spies

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

According to the other EL paper this morning the order that went out to the police was a secret order.

However it was made known to the press for transparency reasons. My words.

only in Thailand would the buffoons attempt to convince others that they are buffoons

• Like 2

3 hours ago, timendres said:

What precious state secrets are these illustrious spies hoping to steal?

I would think it's more about what they're buying from the free market.

Lets not forget that Iran is a heavily sanctioned country.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vinci said:

i don't know what Iranian want to spy on Thai for, the girls and night life maybe, or is it the durian. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Foment sedition and terror in the south using Thai separatist groups- Plant bombs - kill Christians  and  Buddhists - target Israeli tourists

• Thanks 1

Malaysia is quite friendly to Iranians, and LOS LE is quite receptive to cash donations.  Not a good combination.  Yet another case of "the fault is not in the foreigners, but in ourselves."  (apologies William S.)

The old timers in here might recall the incident, maybe 10 or so years ago, when an Iranian with a bomb in a suitcase blew his legs off on a Bangkok street, I think it was in Thonglor.

Also around that time it seemed hardly a day passed without a report from Swampy that they caught yet another Iranian trying to smuggle ice.  Gave the impression they were selling the stuff at the duty-free.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

What is the problem? With thaipass data, immigration entry data, digital foto, scanned fingerprints, TM 6 and TM30 data it must be easy to identify and catch them.

You forgot to mention the BMW Smart Cars!

• Haha 2

A few years ago I was asked by a certain Thai government agency to attend a seminar in Chiang Mai.

They said while I was there could I discuss with some representatives from Iran about possible collaboration on a satellite program

Of course I refused

The RTP would be better just asking other government departments what meetings have been arranged.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

All related security agencies have reportedly been instructed to closely monitor the movements of Iranian nationals and certain Thai Muslims suspected of conducting espionage work in the kingdom.

I really don't know what to say

undercover ladyboys could be a way of clandestine infiltration - lipstick and handbags