Thailand’s overrated beaches

Nemises

41 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Pretty sure weather reports don’t advisecurrent walking distance to get to waist-high water”

But thanks anyway. 

Of course, that's only the beaches in Thailand where you have to do that.

Ever been to Weston Super Mare? ????

• Sad 1

Please advise us what country, tells us the shore depth at 10-20-30 meters out .... PLEASE

Ever changing sand pattern, monthly, if not weekly, depending on weather.  Surely you can think of something better to cry about.

Nobody controls the weather, tides, depth of the surf.  It's ever changing, even during a 24 hr period.

Just let us know when you're coming, and we'll send a team out to measure for you.

Are we to expect a thread complaining about hotel pools that aren't in the shade, so the water isn't cool enough for you.   

Hint:  using Gmaps, and you can actually plan your holiday around 'shading' if that important.  Since we're on east coast, we don't go to the surf until after 1300 hrs, as the treeline provides shade, when chillin' surfside.   Just a thought.

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Omg, another negative post. 

Some people must be really bored. 

Yes, the beaches aren't as good as the Aussie beaches but enjoy the other great things that Thailand has to offer. 

I took this video this morning, North Pattaya. 

BLOODY BEAUTIFUL. 

Life does not get any better than this. 

Stop your complaining and Get outside enjoy it. ????️????

Living the Dream. 

It's my first video, hope you like it.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 2

Beaches are <deleted> house. Only appreciated generally by countries that don't have a surf coast. 

Its not the temperature nor the depth it's the pollution, the plastic, the untreated storm water running straight into the ocean. Especially pattaya et al anyone taking a dip at pattaya or jomtien is off their <deleted> head.

Thailand has some very picturesque beaches mostly only available only by boat. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

BLOODY BEAUTIFUL. 

Living the Dream. 

Wheres the beach? ????????????????????????

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

BLOODY BEAUTIFUL. 

Living the Dream. 

When I first arrived in Pattaya, over 20 years ago, I would rent a CBR900 and ride down to the beach along this road. 

The view of the beach never gets old. 

I bet there's a few members out there that have ridden the Songtaews down the same road coming into Pattaya

Except for Phuket during C19 & 10ish yrs ago, I'm more a 'look at' the surf guy now.  Do you really need to go 'in'

Nakhon Si Thammarat

image.png.9a1db31e5fd61012060e14a9f55efa2e.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Australian beaches are of course better as a whole. But this beach is big wide and has clean water with forest all around. I could of course find a bigger better one in Australia but would have to go to far North Queensland to get this weather. For the price of the hotel here I wouldn’t get a small shocker on the freeway in Australia. Even if I paid four times It wouldn’t be as nice with the Thai touches.A0293FC9-F74D-4A73-83C6-C603627BB3DA.thumb.jpeg.904a5cf4f637f479807760c0662d01bb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a8754f11bedcb646c1e9b1115e8107dc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.94d2c81eec5cb37e970c2bdf8d0013db.jpeg

2A8D8430-9F7B-404C-ADA4-3BD6C2F311F2.jpeg

$35 bungalow vs $150 unit on gc

Snorkelling tour $35 vs $150

Thai women

Thai food

Yep you are right

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Satun Province......

Only Southern province I want to visit, because it's there, but yet, have not. 

On my to do list ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Australian beaches are of course better as a whole. But this beach is big wide and has clean water with forest all around. I could of course find a bigger better one in Australia but would have to go to far North Queensland to get this weather. For the price of the hotel here I wouldn’t get a small shocker on the freeway in Australia. Even if I paid four times It wouldn’t be as nice with the Thai touches.A0293FC9-F74D-4A73-83C6-C603627BB3DA.thumb.jpeg.904a5cf4f637f479807760c0662d01bb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a8754f11bedcb646c1e9b1115e8107dc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.94d2c81eec5cb37e970c2bdf8d0013db.jpeg

Is that Koh Chang?

13 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Is that Koh Chang?

Correct. Like you say with the food, fun, something different and some decent beaches it’s a good holiday. Bit of a pain to get here with all the masks and stuff but once here it’s nice. Get to finally see my girlfriend too.
Considered Cairns or similar for warm weather but a bit boring same same as home and beaches not amazing till you get somewhere like Mission beach. Might get killed by a stinger too.

7 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Correct. Like you say with the food, fun, something different and some decent beaches it’s a good holiday. Bit of a pain to get here with all the masks and stuff but once here it’s nice. Get to finally see my girlfriend too.
Considered Cairns or similar for warm weather but a bit boring same same as home and beaches not amazing till you get somewhere like Mission beach. Might get killed by a stinger too.

Thought so. Been there 3 times. Love it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Thai food, women, bungalows. No contest for value. Oz has fine beaches but rip off for staying there.

I agree. 

This is the trouble, all the moaners and complainers, always finding something negative/not perfect with Thailand but things are so much worse back their home country. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

11 hours ago, Nemises said:

Pretty sure weather reports don’t advisecurrent walking distance to get to waist-high water”

But thanks anyway. 

If you want waist-high water stand your bath-tub on end.

7 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

What resort?

14 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

$35 bungalow vs $150 unit on gc

Snorkelling tour $35 vs $150

Thai women

Thai food

Yep you are right

So your not coming for the beaches then? ????????????

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sungod said:

Thailand has some very picturesque beaches mostly only available only by boat. 

32 minutes ago, sungod said:

Nonsense, you need to get out more.

No, not nonsense at all. In the warmer months Thailand’s otherwise beautiful and picturesque mainland beaches are useless due to the uncomfortable humidity, blistering-high air/sea/beach sand temps and the annoying endless shallow, non-refreshing water (as to be expected in this part of the world). 

Different story if you have access to a boat. Happy days… ???????? ???? 

Edited by Nemises

44 minutes ago, Nemises said:

No, not nonsense at all. In the warmer months Thailand’s otherwise beautiful and picturesque mainland beaches are useless due to the uncomfortable humidity, blistering-high air/sea/beach sand temps and the annoying endless shallow, non-refreshing water (as to be expected in this part of the world). 

Different story if you have access to a boat. Happy days… ???????? ???? 

If that much of an issue, simply scratch the unfulfilling  surfside holiday, and chill out in one of the lovely streams hillside.   Just chillin' with the fishies & my Yeti w/Kopper craft beer.

image.png.9579841367aa77d3ac3a7ce14c69dfa0.png

Edited by KhunLA

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If that much of an issue,

Not an issue at all as topic is about Thailand’s overrated beaches.

Looking forward to your thread on “lovely hillside streams”. Can’t wait.