What do you do with your time in Thailand?

If I didn't have a girlfriend I'd just be meeting girls all day, just interesting to meet people that grew up in a complete different world than you did and listening to their life stories is quite interesting.

Other than that, go to the gym, spend time with the girlfriends, watch new movies when they come out, read books/study, play video games, do some day/swing trading, go to the mall that's all pretty routine. 

Exercise.  I still run a little bit and cycle quite a bit at Nong Bon and Skylane. 

Meet up with friends I've known for years that live here.  

Always on the look out for a new restaurant.

Plan my next trip either in Thailand or another country nearby.  

Decide how much time I want to spend here or in my home country each year.  

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Take leisurely strolls in the parks here in BKK, and today visited a few Temples in the Bang Phli Area while walking 20 km today.  Try to walk at least 10km a day 6 days a week. Swim in the Condo pool, and then I sit out on the balcony and do some reading, I have over 1k books on my Kindle.  Play Sudoku and Wordly to keep my mind involved.......So much more to do if you live out towards the beach Areas

Same same but different little bit... all of the above but minus temples, however add:

Daily foot massage after my 10 km BKK park walks and 2-3  hour A/C condo gym and pool workouts.

Monthly road trips in my car exploring this amazing country (mainly islands/coastal towns) and meeting and enjoying the company of it's beautiful, warm, friendly women  people.

Life is good.

Edited by Nemises
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Not sure I get your metaphor? You mean torrents of bits, or torrents of semen? Or some weird combination?

"A torrent is a file sent via the BitTorrent protocol. It can be just about any type of file, such as a movie"

I collect Japanese toys so I pretty much watch movies whist scouring FB selling sites for bargains. Wife is more than happy with that - I'm not out at the bar drinking and whoring or 'playing golf with a sexy caddie'. 

Besides with a 5 year old daughter and like 40 degree heat outside there is like little else to do that wont fry her !

1. Living alone, and rarely eating out, a large slice of the day is spent shopping, cooking, cleaning up.

2. I like an afternoon nap.

3. Once a week: a "visitor" pops in ... the works for B1,100.

4. Youtube is great.

5. To fill any dull moments, I write books, e-published on Amazon/Kindle.

57 minutes ago, law ling said:

1. Living alone, and rarely eating out, a large slice of the day is spent shopping, cooking, cleaning up.

2. I like an afternoon nap.

3. Once a week: a "visitor" pops in ... the works for B1,100.

4. Youtube is great.

5. To fill any dull moments, I write books, e-published on Amazon/Kindle.

Ah you have a plumber come in once a week to clean out the pipes and keep it flowing instead of backing up. Lucky you.....

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, G Rex said:

Work in the garden , Hide in the house from the heat, Regularly go out for meals, wash the cars...

All of the things that I used to do on my time off when I was working - it's just I take a lot more time doing these things now!

Sometimes, late in the day, I will think to myself 'what have I done today?'  - I respond - F@#k all!

Do I care?  No

I am 60 now .... hardly wearing myself out any more -  I might last too long!!  

the wife washes our cars

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What do you do? except be negative on this forum

Oh, a lot! This only take up smaller than 1% of the day.

• Work
  • Spending time with family
  • Living a luxury life
  • Driving my motorbike

And thats just a few things.

Regarding being negative on this forum. What can I say, you make so easy so its really hard to not take the bite. 

14 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Du bekommst eine Rente?

Yes, I get pension, but they have used me the first 15 years nothing! I arrived here with 40 years!
Since only from 55 an "O" Visa-Retired was to get!
Since I just had to show the necessary money ????
So saved money was announced ????

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Some days I have absolutely no idea where the day is gone ! I usually get up around 8.30, usually in bed by 10pm. Dont stop doing one thing or another all day. Days are always full. Evening more relaxing but full none the less. NEVER  have I  ever been bored or thought " what am I going to do today" 

If I had a ASEAN now mod job, I also would wake up at 9.30

What a life.
Any vacancies available? Maybe you could make a recommendation?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RafPinto said:

If I had a ASEAN now mod job, I also would wake up at 9.30

What a life.
Any vacancies available? Maybe you could make a recommendation?

Dont know what you are reading into my post as I didnt even mention Mod. but it is a  strictly volunteer thing.  NO PAY ! and something that a spend some time on each day.

• Like 1

Take care of our mini farm with animals and gf parents working part time with us, 4 motorbikes, atv, two sup boards, and a decent up to date home gym with all accessories. The last two and half years, we have been 351 days on the road, so, time flies fast when having fun, and a good choice to stay in Thailand during covid.

Now back on working schedule again, and aiming for less time in Thailand with + 181 days in Europe, make sure my coming wife will have europeen citizenship in future. Gives us future choices with less hassle if covid happens or something similar. 

The most important thing is the “silent”coffe time on balcony at sunrise to get ready for a new day. 

39 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Take care of our mini farm day.....

I may be adding 'subsistence farming' as new hobby.  Picked up 1/4 rai adjacent to the house.  Prepping for the apocalypses ????   No critters though, OK, maybe a couple chickens if we screen in most of the lot, but I don't feel like maintaining a coop, cleaning. 

Which would mean a lot of screening, though would keep the squirrels away from the figs, tomatoes & strawberries, along with predators.  Wouldn't mind fresh eggs.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2022 at 8:43 PM, Sparktrader said:

Probably better to drink water or beer rather than p_ss

I drink Thai beer, which is the same as drinking p_ss.  ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, connda said:

I drink Thai beer, which is the same as drinking p_ss.  ????

Ain't that the truth ????

One thing I really appreciate back here in the West is a nice craft beer in the afternoon

I'm talking Imperial Stout 12% ABV ????

On 6/12/2022 at 9:21 AM, BritManToo said:

I drink beer, smoke cannabis and bang hookers.

The rest of my time I just waste posting nonsense on AN.

The legendary George Best quote:

"I spent all of my money on birds, booze, and fast cars. The rest of it I just squandered".