Departure/arrival card (TM6) temporary scrapped

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I have read many articles that use the general term tourist for everybody that enters the country.

I cannot see how they could separate out all those entering the country between those that are entering on tourist visas, VOA and visa exempt from those that are entering on non immigrant visas and etc. The airlines would not want to do it.

I'm going overseas in a few months, so upon return would you suggest that I not complete the TM6 upon entering Thailand.

My annual extension will be a month later and I would hate to challenge some IO on this new rule.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I'm going overseas in a few months, so upon return would you suggest that I not complete the TM6 upon entering Thailand.

If you were given one to complete by the airline then you would be able to complete it. If not then I am not sure where you could get one to complete.

15 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

My annual extension will be a month later and I would hate to challenge some IO on this new rule.

If they are not being given out by the airline when you travel I am sure your local immigration office would know that they are not required anymore.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If you were given one to complete by the airline then you would be able to complete it. If not then I am not sure where you could get one to complete.

Just to be on the safe side, I will ask at the check out counter when returning to Thailand, i.e. unless I hear it to be more clearer in the coming months, not that I don't trust what your saying Joe, but safer then sorry has always been my moto.

Worst case scenario if I get one at the check out counter and complete it and immigration don't require it, all but 5 minutes completing it would have been wasted by me.

If immigration on the other hand want it at extension time, well good for me. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Disembarkation/Embarkation (DE Number) You should get it in an email from Singapore immigration

control

Is it still a thumbprint to get out of SG or have they moved to facial recognition (I noticed that the 1st person to post on SG mentioned having a photo taken but not thumbprints). 

Was given a TM 6 by Etihad this am duly filled it out and was stamped in by people that are checking (Thailand Pass) not by immigration though, who did ask me to sign the retaining portion though they never fixed in my passport.

Question do I go to immigration Patts/Jom to tell them I am back here. They (Tm47 people) did send me an email 4days ago (while in the UK) that my 90 day was report is due 30th June. Obviously didn't know that I had left Los. My thoughts are not to bother and just do a 90day when due in September.... Though there records (?) would say I would be on overstay 7days after the 30th June. Any sound advice would be welcome. ????

On 6/14/2022 at 6:26 PM, Greenwich Boy said:

Just arrived in Singapore. On line arrival card/ health declaration. Hand over passport, look at camera and off you go. Email follows to confirm your legal entry. No stamp in passport. It can be easy Thailand 

that might be singapore,,,,, this is THAILAND !!!

12 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Question do I go to immigration Patts/Jom to tell them I am back here. They (Tm47 people) did send me an email 4days ago (while in the UK) that my 90 day was report is due 30th June

How did you enter Thailand?

If with reentry permit you do nothing.

If new visa or visa exempt you need to file a TM30.

Regarding your 90 day report.

Your clock started on date of your entry. Do your next report within 90 days from your reentry date. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How did you enter Thailand?

If with reentry permit you do nothing.

If new visa or visa exempt you need to file a TM30.

Regarding your 90 day report.

Your clock started on date of your entry. Do your next report within 90 days from your reentry date. 

Yes re entry permit... and Thanks.

On 6/16/2022 at 4:48 AM, ubonjoe said:

It happened 1-2 times to me in the past that the airline did not have a TM6 form on board, in that case there were plenty available in the airport just before immigration.

If they are not being given out by the airline when you travel I am sure your local immigration office would know that they are not required anymore.

Well, that is the worry that many have. The scrapping of TM6 si apparently a temporary measure. Question is: will all IO offices know, some time in the future, that no TM6 were handed out during a certain interval?

I just re-entered today. Frankly this move about TM6 is strange to comprehend. I completed it while still in the air (zero time wasted in the airport), and I was out of the plane and through immigration within minutes literally, including Thailand Pass. Admittedly I was on the special immigration section for transits to CM, CR,  Phuket, ... But the Thailand Pass checks were in common for all, very very quick, no queues.

Personally, now that it has been announced that TP will be scrapped from July 1st, I am inclined to think that actually nothing will change re:TM6.

16 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Is it still a thumbprint to get out of SG or have they moved to facial recognition (I noticed that the 1st person to post on SG mentioned having a photo taken but not thumbprints). 

Facial recognition, No thumb print for air crew at least. There are cameras everywhere in SIN.

They could be sampling your voice as well.

• Thanks 1

IMHO some on here are making mountains out of molehills on this point!

As mentioned in this thread the app version of the TM 30 does require a tm6 number. I have had trouble getting the web version to work in the past. If tm6 is going to be scrapped it would need to be scrapped everywhere it's required. I am not yet confident that is true.

Of course I would prefer to get rid of 90 day reporting and in particular the tm30 form but until then I'm not convinced this thing longer term can do without it yet.

55 minutes ago, wasabi said:

As mentioned in this thread the app version of the TM 30 does require a tm6 number. I have had trouble getting the web version to work in the past. If tm6 is going to be scrapped it would need to be scrapped everywhere it's required. I am not yet confident that is true.

Of course I would prefer to get rid of 90 day reporting and in particular the tm30 form but until then I'm not convinced this thing longer term can do without it yet.

I think you're mixing up the TM30 (notification of staying at a new address, typically used to notify of a change of address nowadays) with a TM47 (90 Day Report) 

The new 90 day report site (https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login) has worked really well for me (Did my latest report on Wednesday & it was approved in 40 minutes) so definitely worth giving it a go if you've given up trying online because of the old site. 

5 hours ago, arithai12 said:

It happened 1-2 times to me in the past that the airline did not have a TM6 form on board, in that case there were plenty available in the airport just before immigration.

Same here.

I started travelling regularly (2 to 3 times a month), I grabbed about 4 pc at immigration arrival.

When received one at the plane went into the bag for next time arrival.

Filled in most required data at home before I left Thailand. Date and flight number kept empty until I actually flew to Thailand.

Almost never filled an TM6 card in on the plane.

Who knows, the end of TM6 is near.

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Question do I go to immigration Patts/Jom to tell them I am back here. They (Tm47 people) did send me an email 4days ago (while in the UK) that my 90 day was report is due 30th June. Obviously didn't know that I had left Los. My thoughts are not to bother and just do a 90day when due in September.... Though there records (?) would say I would be on overstay 7days after the 30th June. Any sound advice would be welcome.

Ignore doing the 90 day report now. You report is not due until 90 days from the day you entered the country.

Your TM6 number is not linked to the new online reporting system since you do not need to enter it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2022 at 6:31 AM, Mike Teavee said:

I think you're mixing up the TM30 (notification of staying at a new address, typically used to notify of a change of address nowadays) with a TM47 (90 Day Report) 

The new 90 day report site (https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login) has worked really well for me (Did my latest report on Wednesday & it was approved in 40 minutes) so definitely worth giving it a go if you've given up trying online because of the old site. 

No I am not confusing the forms. I drop my passport off at the Thailand Elite office and they require TM47, TM30 and my passport. Tm30 is the dumbest and most redundant form I know of in Thailand. It is not even consistently required but when dropping off my passport to use their 90 reporting service it is required. I will be trying to do the online 90 day reporting where its not required, but I have been told for at least the first time that must be done in person which means dropping off my passport and delivering copies of the forms. Thailand's dependence on various redundant PRINTED paper forms is dubious however after dealing with all the forms required by Philippine immigration just to transit through their airport I no longer call it the worst. Philippines takes that title.

42 minutes ago, wasabi said:

I will be trying to do the online 90 day reporting where its not required, but I have been told for at least the first time that must be done in person which means dropping off my passport and delivering copies of the forms.

You only need to it in person if it is your first 90 day report ever. You can do it online since apparently you have had 90 day reports done before.

On 6/14/2022 at 6:26 PM, Greenwich Boy said:

Just arrived in Singapore. On line arrival card/ health declaration. Hand over passport, look at camera and off you go. Email follows to confirm your legal entry. No stamp in passport. It can be easy Thailand 

I think we know Thailand struggles to make things easy. Why not have more fun filling out mindless redundant forms, such as the forest required at IMM on Extension of Stay; there was even another new one thrown in to the 20 page mix I submitted at the last episode....I [name] confirm that I [name] am [whatever] residing at [whereever] am who I say I am. Confirmed by me [name] during the bluest of new moons in the age of Aquarius ... etc etc, blah, blah blah, signed, and please add your mobile number....

20 hours ago, wasabi said:

but I have been told for at least the first time that must be done in person 

You're very 1st 90 day report cannot be done online (I believe you can mail it in, I paid an agent to do mine) but there are no problems doing a 90 day report online if it's your 1st report since returning to thailand (as I mentioned I did mine last week following a trip to the UK in March and no problems, all approved in 40 mins). 

Agree about the TM30, my Estate Agent* (Who did my Tm30 when I moved into this condo) scalded me for not telling her I'd been out of the country as she thought I had to do a new one when I got back (Not required at Jomtien IO if you're on a long stay visa & returning to the same address). 

*Can I briefly go OT & recommend Som at Ocean Properties https://pattaya-ocean-properties.com/ Lovely lady who not only found (on another agents books) the condo that I wanted, but also managed to get us renewed here for another year at the same discounted price. 

On 6/20/2022 at 8:14 AM, Mike Teavee said:

Agree about the TM30, my Estate Agent* (Who did my Tm30 when I moved into this condo) scalded me for not telling her I'd been out of the country as she thought I had to do a new one when I got back (Not required at Jomtien IO if you're on a long stay visa & returning to the same address). 

Anyone familiar with Pathum Thani immigration office? Our HR is using them this year and is telling me that this office won't accept a screenshot of an online TM30.  Saying that I need to go and do it in-person to get a blue receipt which will be acceptable to Pathum Thani.

• Like 1