Regulation signed to make cannabis flowers a controlled herb in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Cannabis flowers, which contain a higher level of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) than other parts of the plant, have been classified as a controlled herb, under a new ministerial regulation already signed by Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, which will become effective after its publication in the Royal Gazette...

Once this new Ministerial Regulation is published in the Royal Gazette, I'd like to get a link to it if someone cn find it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The cat is out of the bag already, look how many people have registered to grow cannabis in their own homes...

No going back now. 

Yes and cannabis expos are all over face book  and Thais by the thousands buying tickets

• Like 2

That didn't take long, so if passed, back to being 'in the closet' illegal again, instead of like prostitution, tolerated.  As soon as they find a way to profit, like prostitution, then public sales will be 'tolerated' again.

Hmm...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Minister Signed Notice to Control Cannabis Use

457246-e1655358093929-768x402.jpg

BANGKOK, June 16 (TNA) – Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said he signed a notice of the Ministry of Public Health to regulate cannabis use and allay all concerns about cannabis decriminalization.

In a meeting on the proper and safe use of cannabis with officials concerned, Mr Anutin who is also a deputy prime minister said he already signed the notice on cannabis use control as proposed by the Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine.

The notice addressed all concerns about cannabis abuse.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-961480

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-06-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

17 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

if the regulation stops here i'll be a happy bunny

fingers crossed 

Read the full article: Patients who got prescribed cannabis can possess the substance for no more than 30 days.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Xonax said:

Read the full article: Patients who got prescribed cannabis can possess the substance for no more than 30 days.

Then re-register for another 30 days. Repeat- repeat... Worse than the 90 day report for farang.  If farang even qualify to register on the app.  I am glad I am on marriage extensions.  I will talk to my wife today.  She has medical conditions as well.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

And how they are going to police all that? Thailand needed this marijuana business like a hole in the head as if the don't have million others problems to deal with they added this bizarre free marijuana on top of all their problems...

Not surprising at the government flipflop without thinking things through. But ganja, like early Coca Cola product, while not curing other problems ... just make those problems of less importance.

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

That didn't take long, so if passed, back to being 'in the closet' illegal again, instead of like prostitution, tolerated.  As soon as they find a way to profit, like prostitution, then public sales will be 'tolerated' again.

Hmm...

Far from it as I understand the article. Posters on this forum have little time or respect for Anutin Charnvirakul, however this seems like clever and political savvy move to protect his legislation. Is acceptable to the law's detractors, is yet to be seen.

• Like 1