Now that the new 10 year visa has been approved, will the annual Non-O retirement extension be discontinued?

23 minutes ago, Onerak said:

10-year O-X visa exists for sometimes. Nothing changed because of that. 

Exactly, as I was not pushed towards an O-X when I obtained my first O-A many years ago, nothing has changed as you indicate.

Lets see folks

We have the

OA visa

and

the O visa

and

OX visa

and

The smart visas

and

The investment visas

and

The volunteer visas

and

The Elite visas

and 

The education visa

These are all long term visas

So just throw this new one in the pile and forget about it....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

They showed what they think of retirees when they demanded that Embassies provide ironclad PROOF of income, rather than a statutory declaration. Two embassies then announced they would no longer provide income statements. If consequences are routinely ignored in order to demonstrate power, then you have the kind of unstable climate for retirees that you find in Thailand.

Thai Imm requires verified income, the embassies wouldn't provide that, which falls on our useless embassies, not the Thai Imm offices, who were simply doing there job.  

Would anyone want foreign embassies to submit false paperwork for people entering your home country ?  I think not.

With that & staying on topic .. I think these 'high income' visas may be a bit of a nightmare, with the financial paperwork.  

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1

Retirement extensions based on non-O visas will probably be around until such time as the issue of new non-O visas by Thai embassies and consulates abroad or through conversions at local immigration offices is discontinued. Thereafter they will gradually fade away as retirees seeking them on the basis of original non-O visas switch to marriage/family extensions, relocate to another country or pop their clogs.

Personally I can't see the issue of new non-O visas being discontinued any time soon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BritTim said:

With luck, those already here will have their current requirements grandfathered, with increased requirements only for new applicants, but anything is possible.

I don't share your optimism, Tim, bearing in mind that there was no grandfathering of the mandatory health insurance requirement for those with historic non-OA visas, for example. I fear that the concept of grandfathering generally is almost certainly now a dead duck as far as the Immigration Bureau is concerned. We can, however, only hope that they will provide us with adequate advance notice of any changes rather than leaving until 23:59:59 the day before they are due to come into force before issuing the necessary Police Order (as they appear to be doing in the case of the increased 30,000,000 THB / 100,000 USD insurance requirements slated to come into force for all original non-OA visa holders from 1 September).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Getting a visa does not always mean living in Thailand. I have 20 years elite, Except during the covid, I don't live in Thailand. Yes I come for poseidon teen age models and got 19-year old Poseidon model pregnant after enjoying her for one year. Getting a teen ager and enjoy her body in her birth day suite for three months for few thousand dollars is not easy to find anywhere in the World. 

Ah, SUIT????  !!!

I was really confused there for a moment.  But see how versatile the English language is: just add one little letter (e) to a word and you have my imagination rev into overdrive. There I was trying to imagine what it meant (but of course the man is rich admittedly) to provide a (???) hotel suite for your teen sweetheart.

Silly me.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Does anyone have the requirements for these 10 year visas?

Thx.

This is the income requirement part:

Those in the high-income earner bracket must have an average annual income of US$80,000 for two years before applying for the visa.

Notice $80,000 USD per year or equivalent not in Baht(I have seen a news article that states Baht and this is incorrect).  My annual retirement is close but I do not qualify for this visa.  

Thinking logically(this does not always apply in LOS) someone who makes $80,000 per would have  many options in terms of Visa’s and even countries.  Now I will take off my logic cap off.

sorry everyone I still don’t how you replay to someone’s post !

but how do you find Thailand to Columbia ?

CartagenaWarlock

Advanced Member

581 posts

Posted 6 hours ago (edited)

7 hours ago,  KhunLA said: 

So we're discussing the newish visa, for millionaires ?  Which I still can't get my head around, why any millionaire, would want to live in TH.   Unless they live for P4P,  then still not sure if it would be my choice.

Getting a visa does not always mean living in Thailand. I have 20 years elite, Except during the covid, I don't live in Thailand. Yes I come for poseidon teen age models and got 19-year old Poseidon model pregnant after enjoying her for one year. Getting a teen ager and enjoy her body in her birth day suite for three months for few thousand dollars is not easy to find anywhere in the World. 

Edited 6 hours ago by CartagenaWarlock

Nickelbeer and flexomike

• Confused 2