German man allegedly physically assaulted by two men in Banglamung, but dispute arises over who started the fight

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Banglamung, Chonburi — A 57-year-old German man was allegedly physically assaulted by two unidentified men in Banglamung, but an eyewitness claimed that the German man initiated the fight, causing a dispute to arise.

Pol. Col. Kulchat Kulchai, Superintendent of the Pattaya Police Station, responded to a physical assault against a male foreigner at 7:00 A.M., June 18th, on Soi Bongkot 16/1 in the Nong Prue subdistrict of Banglamung, Chonburi.

The male victim, Yurk W., a 57-year-old German national, was found with a facial wound and a blood-stained shirt, according to The Pattaya News reporters. He also reportedly seemed groggy.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/18/german-man-allegedly-physically-assaulted-by-two-men-in-banglamung-but-dispute-arises-over-who-started-the-fight/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

' Yurk has reportedly denied the eyewitness report and claims he did nothing wrong and that the assault was unsolicited. '

Completely unsolicited ??  They just wanted to bash a falang , any old faland , and as he was nearest they bashed him out of the blue ??

Weird.

24 minutes ago, Denim said:

' Yurk has reportedly denied the eyewitness report and claims he did nothing wrong and that the assault was unsolicited. '

Completely unsolicited ??  They just wanted to bash a falang , any old faland , and as he was nearest they bashed him out of the blue ??

Weird.

Not really. I was abused and threatened by thais in street when they didnt like me not wearing a masks.   bunch of ignorant poorly educated air heads 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

57 and hair tied in a bun, sheesh...................

I first thought that was the man's wife...555,

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Something fishy here. I don't think the locals would attempt an assault with only two. Tradition demands a minimum of five on one to ensure victory.

Maybe the German was drunk and was semi conscious when attacked by the two Thais ? ????

On 6/20/2022 at 7:01 AM, ikke1959 said:

Of course if you say something to a Thai and he doesn't like it or even look at someone you can have a problem. Thai people are never to blame, It is sad that these things happen surely because the country needs tourists, robberies, fighting and that kind of things willnever do any good for tourist industry. I don't know wha happened and whatever it was, but it is just a general opinion , as I have similar experiences, but never fought happily

"I don't know wha happened and whatever it was,"....... of course you know ikkle, --he must have looked at him!!, & as you say you cant do that here without being attacked and beaten.....& speaking to them Thai's ..gosh you really are asking for trouble.

22 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Not really. I was abused and threatened by thais in street when they didnt like me not wearing a masks.   bunch of ignorant poorly educated air heads 

Been looking in that mirror again.

5 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Gotta love this forum.

Geezers getting into fights over a fight another geezer got into. ????

Violence is never the answer, unless your opponent sports a man-bun 

Understand Thailand and how the powder keg behaviour works with population you might get it