Thailand to consider interim measures to prevent Covid spread

webfact

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I 've read there are 29.000 new cases a day in a newspaper..... I am wondering if the cases are real cause when there were many cases they lowered and now they maybe make them look worse..just to keep the emergency decree??

How sick are people really when they have Covid? is it worth the panic again?

Yes. It is all about the Emergency Decree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, UTH001 said:

My US friends in Texas are fully vaccinated and boostered. All four of them (two adults, two kids) had Covid last month. Feeling a bit unwell for two days, and that was that. Less symptoms than that of a flu...

My wife and I are multivaxed.  Both of us caught COVID at an outdoor concert.  She was sick for 5 days, pretty much like a cold although still tired all the time five weeks later.  For me, it was one of the worst periods of being sick ever.  And five weeks later, still dealing with a cough and breathing issues.  Just depends how it hits you.  

The more concerning thing is the fact that people who had COVID with no symptoms are showing up at their doctors with organ damage 6 months, a year later, caused by the virus.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

To those living in Thailand, how was the mask holiday? Did you enjoy it? 

Masks back on this time next week

From what I have observed since the requirement to wear a mask has been lifted, here in the North people including most non Thais have still been wearing masks, the only exception being tourists.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, WinterGael said:

My wife and I are multivaxed.  Both of us caught COVID at an outdoor concert.  She was sick for 5 days, pretty much like a cold although still tired all the time five weeks later.  For me, it was one of the worst periods of being sick ever.  And five weeks later, still dealing with a cough and breathing issues.  Just depends how it hits you.  

The more concerning thing is the fact that people who had COVID with no symptoms are showing up at their doctors with organ damage 6 months, a year later, caused by the virus.

In relation to your last paragraph how many do you know who have been affected this way and how has it been proved that  it was caused by Covid ?

Kidney, Liver and Heart disease not uncommon particularly in older people.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

I'm unvaxed not so much as a sniffle. To the UK and back to Thailand recently no mask except on the plane. All my vaxxed friends are dropping like flies. One has had 4 and in hospital. Go figure

Cool story Bro????

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

To those living in Thailand, how was the mask holiday? Did you enjoy it? 

Masks back on this time next week

I'm living in NorthTland, when going in a mall, shop or busy market I just slip on facemask, no big deal.

don't know what the fuzz is that you imply...

and yet you don't live here but still make this weird comment!

sure, I think it's strange to wear it when on motorbike or even bike, but in the recent past we had serious pollution problems (farangs call it "smokey season") every year so we got kind of used to it.

for me no problem to wear a mask when close to other peeps, because I don't want to pick up anything from others...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

UK excess deaths at the moment are consistently up about 10% over the long-term average, of which very few are Covid-related. Deaths at home are up by 30%, described by one Prof. Levinson as "horrific numbers".

An investigation is expected to focus on a narrow set of possible reasons:

• pandemic response (lockdowns, masks etc, leading to downturns in physical and mental health)
  • lack of access to healthcare and delayed referrals
  • cost of living crisis, deprivation, stress
  • heart problems caused by the Covid virus

The last of those seems improbable, given that the Israeli Ministry of Health has completed a study of 500,000 people and found no link between Covid infection and heart ailments such as pericarditis or myocarditis.

So there must be some other reason why people - mostly of working age - are falling off the twig with such regularity.

Yep. Was "SADS" (sudden adult death syndrome) ever a thing before?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The wife and I went out for some shopping today in BKK, and took the BTS for travel for the first time in a while...

On the way in, stopped and asked the ticket counter staff what the current BTS policy is re face masks, and was told they're not longer required to board BTS, as they had been in the past.

Nonetheless, once we got up and onto the train, pretty much everyone I saw onboard on our train -- Thai and foreigner alike -- were wearing face masks, including the wife and I.

Not because the government does or doesn't have some kind of rule / law or policy on face mask wear. But because it's the smart and prudent thing to do when close around other people.

No, they just have a herd mentality.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 2:06 PM, Bim Smith said:

How them vaccines working out for yer.

Well, I haven't died, been hospitalized or caught COVID in the past 2-1/2 years... So something must be working out right...

Vaccines, face masks, social distancing, hand hygiene, etc etc.

17 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Across the road from me a child was sent home from school along with her entire class as 18 out of 30 had tested positive.

She gave it to her granny [aged 58] who developed symptoms, she then got a lung infection and was moved to hospital passed away after 3 days.

Is it worth the panic... for some no, for some yes.

Well it was not worth the panic in that situation.  The panic lead to the death of the grandmother!

If they kept the kids at school and carried on as normal the child would not have gone to stay and infect the grandmother! 

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Well it was not worth the panic in that situation.  The panic lead to the death of the grandmother!

If they kept the kids at school and carried on as normal the child would not have gone to stay and infect the grandmother! 

The grandmother resided with the family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2022 at 1:46 PM, ikke1959 said:

I 've read there are 29.000 new cases a day in a newspaper..... I am wondering if the cases are real cause when there were many cases they lowered and now they maybe make them look worse..just to keep the emergency decree??

How sick are people really when they have Covid? is it worth the panic again?

I just had it. Not vaccinated. 3 days with fever, headache and a lack of energy. After 3 days im feeling already much better. So for me its like a good flu. I would say its not worth the panic. It just needs another approach. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 2:06 PM, Bim Smith said:

How them vaccines working out for yer.

On the non vaccine front, previously sick are getting sick, again, with this variant, so much for those healthy antibodies. Herd immunity was a happy little fantasy, for lots of people, sad to see it go.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StevieAus said:

In relation to your last paragraph how many do you know who have been affected this way and how has it been proved that  it was caused by Covid ?

Kidney, Liver and Heart disease not uncommon particularly in older people.

Yup.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Sheesh!

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 5:13 AM, Bim Smith said:

I'm unvaxed not so much as a sniffle. To the UK and back to Thailand recently no mask except on the plane. All my vaxxed friends are dropping like flies. One has had 4 and in hospital. Go figure

It's a mixed up shook up world indeed.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2022 at 3:06 PM, MrsTnews said:

I had all shots and booster, caught covid ( twice), without the shots i know i will be worse off , right now all i have is like a bad case of cold . I am still in quarantine but I urge everyone to stay vigilant, keep your mask on please! 

what can anyone say to people like this ??????      

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rumak said:

the only people i know who have NOT got sick ...... have all refused the shot.    of course if i say the useless shot It will be misinformation.   

Same here, funny isn't it? 

I would use stronger adjectives than useless but I promised the moderators I would be a good boy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rumak said:

the only people i know who have NOT got sick ...... have all refused the shot.    of course if i say the useless shot It will be misinformation.   

My village was doing great.  Everyone very careful.  No one caught COVID.  Then the vaccines came, everybody vaccinated 2, 3, 4 times.  Now the only people know who have caught COVID all were vaccinated.  Half the people in the village have had it now at least once.  All the vaccines did was cause people to let their guard down.