Markets shake out

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Next 3 months rocky ride

Your are watching the end game of currencies and capitaism.

Zimbabwe has the obvious solution to crazy inflation.

Russia is on the ball too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

No just a bear market.

Who would have ever thought that Mr. Putin would ever decide over the economical future of Europe (short to mid-term). The combination of no gas from Russia with a resurgence of COVID can induce a apocalyptical downward spiral in Europe come fall/winter.

It's frightening. It's not what western politicians say, it's what "Vladimir" will do that will be the deciding factor.  
In such a situation, to be short the DAX would be a good place to be.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, swissie said:

Who would have ever thought that Mr. Putin would ever decide over the economical future of Europe (short to mid-term). The combination of no gas from Russia with a resurgence of COVID can induce a apocalyptical downward spiral in Europe come fall/winter.

It's frightening. It's not what western politicians say, it's what "Vladimir" will do that will be the deciding factor.  
In such a situation, to be short the DAX would be a good place to be.

This is short term issue, longer term issues would be like this one below and growing:

https://merics.org/en/short-analysis/made-china-electric-vehicles-could-turn-sino-eu-trade-its-head

Once the Chinese squeeze them from the markets (as the Japanese and Koreans did before), it would be interesting where they would find money to fund the poor countries lining up for membership.

lol the shakeout started in November for equities, this is when smart money is buying into retail capitulation 

calling for next 3 month to be rocky when already down 30-40% in the nasdaq are the same people saying to buy last November 

Edited by dj230
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gearbox said:

This is short term issue, longer term issues would be like this one below and growing:

https://merics.org/en/short-analysis/made-china-electric-vehicles-could-turn-sino-eu-trade-its-head

Once the Chinese squeeze them from the markets (as the Japanese and Koreans did before), it would be interesting where they would find money to fund the poor countries lining up for membership.

A micro analysis. We will have to deal with macro economics soon. Unfortunately.

• Like 1

If the markets went only in an upwards direction, there'd be no need of them. They're like a sign wave with varying amplitudes. Now is probably a good time to buy, the Pi Bottom Indicator is just on the point of crossing.

• Like 1

It will be okay. Brandon's going to fix it. Let's go, Brandon!!
Not sure, but have heard Anthony A is going to use the same economics program as the USA. Cut out the cheap(er) energy (like coal and natural gas) and build solar panel power plants and wind mills all over the outback (China and the CCP thank you). Print and spend. That should work.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

5 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

I started moving to a much higher than usual cash position in September/October ‘21 as I thought the writing was on the wall. Paid my house off, my only debt, and ensured I have at least 3 years living costs transferred to Thailand at around 24฿/AUD to hedge against any serious foreign exchange movements. 

Now it’s just a matter of how long and deep this bear will run. I’m not buying into the end of the world as many are calling for. Consumers will continue to consume, supply chain pressure will relax eventually and the energy crisis will abate. Just gotta strap in, reassess my budget, trim some frivolous spending and wait it out. 

Don't forget to stock canned foods and powdered milk... 

• Haha 1