The lack of skilled pilots is now causing chaos at our airports

webfact

I could imagine how many disgruntled pilots there would be after being laid off without pay, without any remorse and then a letter in the mail, or an email, ah....you can come back to work now.....lol

How about trying to entice them with a good pay rise morons, after all corporations are also dispensable as they are finding out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, japanese said:

I don't see any mention of the forced vaccinations that made a lot of pilots either quit, or having been jabbed then suffering adverse effects makikg them unfit to fly.

Perhaps because, even if it occurred, it was some time ago!

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, law ling said:

Quite a few issues raised in the OP ... but I'm not happy to read that pilots are being pressured to speed up their take off procedures - I'd say it's safer to let pilots take as much time as they want at such a critical time.

Sure. Bound to bounce back in time. 

Meanwhile, we'll have all the whingers and anxious pundits to amuse us.

1 hour ago, KhonKaenLive said:

???? Of course, this has nothing to do with insane government pandemic restrictions like lockdowns. 

nah i'll go for airlines and airports .. they had 2 years to get their shht together  ...  fail

• Like 1

Sounds like an asian & middle eastern problem. The answer is to employ pilots from other countries (westernized) also, maybe they kept some training going. Just a thought as the prices are high everywhere & would cover the salaries.

• Like 1

Wow, all the amateur epidemiologists are back! Were you finally going back to uni to catch up on those noisome statistics courses you missed out on the first time? Excellent that y'all realized you were talking about things you hadn't a clue about so decided to swot up! Just wondering though how you managed to acquire decades of experience as well in that short time since you were last pontificating...

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Seems like it is not just civilian airlines that are suffering from the lack of skilled pilots, as given the number of crashes over the last few years it appears to affect the RT Army/Airforce also, except in those cases paying passengers lives are not put at risk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

So if there were no shut downs , required vaccines, and restrictions, some people are saying this  airline and other issues wouldn’t have happened.  
So just have the pandemic, ignore it, and do nothing about it.  Let life go on as normal.? 
The only thing that theory maybe would have accomplished is that many more people would have died. So maybe you would have been less inconvenienced. 

exactly, and those deaths would have included many pilots

lets not forget we did not have vaccines for quite some time into this debacle

1 hour ago, japanese said:

I don't see any mention of the forced vaccinations that made a lot of pilots either quit, or having been jabbed then suffering adverse effects makikg them unfit to fly.

Like is for the first observation: fired for not getting vaccinated. I wonder if they are a significant proportion of the deficit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

My biggest concern is the lack of experience the new pilots will have.  Anyone else notice some of the very young looking pilots flying domestic airlines here?

Just saying, I hope there is not some speeding up the the training process to get these new pilots on board.  

I agree, modern aircraft pretty much fly themselves until something goes wrong - it could be a ground crew error - a maintenance error etc etc but ultimately it falls the pilots to recover the situation which usually needs to happen very quickly

how have these aircraft been maintained while sitting doing nothing is also a huge concern

• Confused 1