Makro Error

wharria

I used to like Foodlland as they had all items price stamped, not these days. Lot of places used to have a get item free if the wrong price, they all stopped that as they make so many mistakes, must be at least 20% of the time an idem is not the same as the price on the shelves, they are all as bad as each other.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Why would she notice, as she's not looking at the price, or the screen to see what was registered.

She points, pull the trigger, it beeps, she moves on to the next item.  If you had any meats in there, she would simply assume that was the reason for the amount.

Scan - collect money - give change ... job done and all I expect ????

And now at my Makro here in Bangkok, all but 1 register are for paying by QR code.

20220714_103900.jpg

20220714_103847.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 1

You have to remember sadly you are in a different country!  Their education their MANNER as we expect it no matter your standard it is completely different some or many will not ever meet our standard even if it is low. Then you got everyone personality isn't the same even companies like Makro at foreign chain haven't taken the time to train how important is customer service.

What is posted is more common sadly that good customer service.  My experience is because my daughter in law works for them I kindly mentioned to her because she has an attitude problem cashier is too much work you are better stocking LOL.

My son got a job also another branch he left after a week the boss who hired him like him but people skill non-existences didn't know how to explain properly the job he was being hired.

Edited by thailand49
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I mostly shop Makro online now.  60 baht delivery fee is less than what I would spend for fuel to get there and back.  Plus no waiting in line.

Edited by rwill
  • Thanks 1

i agree that just from what’s written, I myself don’t see any malice or intent.. to be fair, yes, it does appear he was overcharged… but i don’t think that was their intent and once discovered, was rightly corrected..  I do think some form of an apology would have been nice- but in the end, it got fixed… and that’s the key.

Ive had this go both ways for me.  As example, in my favor, I like the small sausage roll at Tops .. commonly they are B29/ea. however, they do go on sale “buy-1, get-1” 

In the past some Tops locations will pre-bag 2 into one bag and apply one bar code.. In the past, when i buy say 2 or 4 bags, (that would be 4 or 8 individual buns), the register only changes for 1 or 2 - it’s counting the bar codes and not the individual buns inside.. Honest mistake.

I bring it to the cashiers attention and either they’ll fix it and i pay the shortage or, more often, they waive it and thank me for letting them know so they can go back and add a second bar code to the 2-bun packs so it scans/prices correctly.

Same on reverse, I’ve had Foodland apply the wrong bar code on my fresh beef purchase and it rings up way more.. I call her attention to it, they take it back and check, reprice it and we’re done.

• Like 2

At Lotus, at one time, I let my full shopping cart stand and walked away as I could not accept the final amount given by the cashier. The girl had what was on her display. No discussion.

I always roughly calculate in my brain how much the whole shopping will be. Not without reason, as I figured out -- in shops, they "miscount" from time to time. Or they make a mistake with your change money.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I have been breaking down my grocery purchases by food category (meat, seafood, fruit, vegetable, condiments, etc.) for several years now. This requires me to go over my receipts with a fine toothed comb. If I cannot identify an item from the Thai description on the receipt, I will use Google Translate for help. In all this time, I have only found ONE error. A newbie produce clerk rang up some large tomatoes as large red bell peppers.  An honest mistake resulting in an overcharge, for which I got a refund the next time I shopped.

Makro's receipts are actually the best of all the supermarkets, because they automatically aggregate identical items onto one line for easy review, regardless of the order in which the cashier scans them. I have a hard time understanding how the weight of an item got scanned as the price, but I guess stranger things have happened. Makro gets high marks from me for their integrity and commitment to low prices and customer satisfaction.

Edited by Gecko123

Had a similar thing about a year ago. Missus got a couple of kilo's of rambutan and they were priced as beef. Huge difference which we picked up straight away and now I check the description of everything weighed. Also got potatoes priced up as oranges too.

• Like 1