Trump Booed at Arizona Rally Over His New Endorsement

Scott

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

For one thing, there is a whole field now of behavorial economics which address the concerns raised by the author. Which somehow he manages to neglect. But it is significant that the original sinner cited in the article is Milton Friedman. He was and still is the economic god cited by economists. In fact his work led to the founding of the right wing field of economics called rational markets. And yes, they failed big time. But they are only a small section of the markets. And the article you cited offers no numbers, no percentages of how often economists get it wrong. So if you think that this is justification for your assertion that "economists are wrong most of the time", then it's time for you to acquaint yourself with some very basic math.

https://intheblack.cpaaustralia.com.au/economy/how-accurate-are-economic-forecasts

Wrong 87.5% of the time.

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Frankly, you are not serious. It wasn't the average civil disorder, it was an assault on fundamental federal institutions established by the U.S. Constitution. Obviously a matter of national concern for a POTUS.

Although I didn't say that it wasn't a matter of concern for Donald , my point is that it wasn't his job to keep civil order in Washington 

8 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Economists are wrong most of the time. Thats why they are still working for others. Experts are billionaires not wage slaves.

This is not true  but let's assume you are right and that businessmen are more reliable than economists.

What are businessmen doing? They are onsistently recruiting new employees. Businessmen don't create jobs when they expect a recession.

13 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Economists are wrong most of the time. Thats why they are still working for others. Experts are billionaires not wage slaves.

Trump is or maybe was a billionaire and he no expert. He made some silly economic ideas like trade wars are good and easy to win. That kind of made your statement rather asinine. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

This is not true  but let's assume you are right and that businessmen are more reliable than economists.

What are businessmen doing? They are onsistently recruiting new employees. Businessmen don't create jobs when they expect a recession.

It is true. I just proved it. Cpa research.

Even top economists admit it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Trump is or maybe was a billionaire and he no expert. He made some silly economic ideas like trade wars are good and easy to win. That kind of made your statement rather asinine. 

Expert at marketing. Not an expert at everything.

2 minutes ago, candide said:

The USA unemployment rate hasn't changed for the previous four months , which suggests that no new jobs are being created , and that is after a nine months of the unemployment rate decreasing 

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

One of the last resorts of the desperate here is to claim some sort of personal experience or professional qualifcations. We're all anonymous here. You can only be fairly judged by the quality of your comments. 

It doesn't encourage belief in your assertions when you lump economists and stockbrokers together.

I just proved it. 87.5% wrong according to cpa research.

All you have is personal attacks, no facts.

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Although I didn't say that it wasn't a matter of concern for Donald , my point is that it wasn't his job to keep civil order in Washington 

If that's the case then why did Trump say this "“I immediately deployed the National Guard and federal law enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/01/timeline-of-national-guard-deployment-to-capitol/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I just proved it. 87.5% wrong according to cpa research.

All you have is personal attacks, no facts.

87.5% wrong in predicting recessions. Economics is a huge field and it's about a lot more than predicting recessions. For one thing, thanks to people like John Maynard Keyes (who, by the way, was a brilliant investor) we do know how to get out of depressions and recessions. We know how to fight inflation. And that's just a small part of what economists do.

Just now, Sparktrader said:

Correct. My comments are supported by cpa data which prove my comments to be right.

Where is your data?

Once again, you claimed that most economists are wrong most of the time. This evidence you offered is about only 1 part of economics. So, no, you've proved nothing.

39 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

My point was that they are regarded as being citizens protesting , rather than a foreign army invading the USA .

I didn't say that they were protesting lawfully , I just said they were protestors and not an enemy 

They were not protestors.

Have you come across the term ‘enemies, foreign and domestic’?

Just now, placeholder said:

87.5% wrong in predicting recessions. Economics is a huge field and it's about a lot more than predicting recessions. For one thing, thanks to people like John Maynard Keyes (who, by the way, was a brilliant investor) we do know how to get out of depressions and recessions. We know how to fight inflation. And that's just a small part of what economists do.

Obviously you have never studied economics. I have.

Most forecasts are wrong, gdp, inflation, interest rates etc.

Why are they wrong? Forecasting is difficult.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It wasn’t his job to ferment  an attack on the Capitol either.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It was an obvious case of national emergency so he could have called the national guard  which the VP did.. So it's the VP's duty but not the President's duty?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What don't you understand about the fact that forecasting is only one small part of economics. I already noted this above. It gets an inordinate amount of attention.

Economists study data and forecast the future. Thats their job.

I proved you wrong. You wont admit it.

Here is why

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-are-economic-forecasts-wrong-so-often/

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Everyone who studies economics knows forecasts are normally wrong.

Proven fact.

It’s a very narrowly defined fact.

Economic forecasts are made with attendant statements on degrees of certainty. Predictions within the state degrees of certainty are not ‘wrong’.

Taking your claim that you have have experience in economics at face value, then you already know this which gives rise to the obvious question ‘why do you choose to omit this salient piece of information’?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

He did well. Media against him. W dc against him.

"He did well. Media against him."

He had the most watched cable tv network basically functioning as his private 24/7 cheerleader so obviously bs. Despite that he lost by an astounding number of votes.

"W dc against him."

Is that some sort of QuackAnon code?

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s a very narrowly defined fact.

Economic forecasts are made with attendant statements on degrees of certainty. Predictions within the state degrees of certainty are not ‘wrong’.

Taking your claim that you have have experience in economics at face value, then you already know this which gives rise to the obvious question ‘why do you choose to omit this salient piece of information’?

Wrong. There are no degrees of certainty only degrees of accuracy.

Inflation forecast 6.3 good guess

Inflation forecast 7.5 bad guess

Reality 6.1

0.2 out is a good guess. 1.2 out is a bad guess.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Wrong. There are no degrees of certainty only degrees of accuracy.

Inflation forecast 6.3 good guess

Inflation forecast 7.5 bad guess

Reality 6.1

0.2 out is a good guess. 1.2 out is a bad guess.

OK, so I was wrong to take your statement on your experience at face value.