Trump Booed at Arizona Rally Over His New Endorsement

Scott

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The USA unemployment rate hasn't changed for the previous four months , which suggests that no new jobs are being created , and that is after a nine months of the unemployment rate decreasing 

Oooops! You are right.

Well  they don't seem to anticipate a recession either.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Because it's a false claim. No economist can make a 100% claim about the future.

What will inflation be in 18 months? Nobody knows.

It’s called economic forecast for good reason. Businesses still find forecast useful for investment and planning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Economists study data and forecast the future. Thats their job.

I proved you wrong. You wont admit it.

Here is why

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-are-economic-forecasts-wrong-so-often/

False

What Is Economics?

Economics is a social science that focuses on the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services, and analyzes the choices that individuals, businesses, governments, and nations make to allocate resources.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/economics.asp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, placeholder said:

False

What Is Economics?

Economics is a social science that focuses on the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services, and analyzes the choices that individuals, businesses, governments, and nations make to allocate resources.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/economics.asp

Wrong.

They make forecasts based on data. Most top economists work for banks not govt.

2 of my mates are economists.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Was he booed? Says they booed the announcement of someone ie not booing direct

Trump spoke, the crowd booed.

Not for the first time either.

Trump being booed by his supporters is a thing, it looks like it’s become a trend.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is incorrect .

Trump didnt allow anyone who had been in China (in the last 14 days ) to travel to the USA and USA citizens needed to be tested and possibly quarantined on entry to the USA . 

So, it wasn't just Chinese who were barred from entering the USA , it was anyone who had been in China (apart from USA citizens who needed negative test)

rubbish, tens of thousands if Chinese with green cards, etc still travelled to the US.

https://apnews.com/article/asia-pacific-anthony-fauci-pandemics-politics-ap-fact-check-d227b34b168e576bf5068b92a03c003d

Edited by ozimoron

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You may consider the Capital hill protestors  as being an enemy waging war on the USA , but the USA law regards them as being USA citizens protesting 

Actually, ,the justice dept. regards some as having committed seditious conspiracy.

Proud Boys Charged With Seditious Conspiracy in Capitol Riot

The former top leader of the far-right Proud Boys extremist group and other members have been charged with seditious conspiracy for what federal prosecutors say was a coordinated attack on the U.S. Capitol to stop Congress from certifying President Joe Biden's 2020 electoral victory, authorities said Monday.
Henry "Enrique" Tarrio, the former Proud Boys chairman, and four others linked to the group are charged in the latest indictment against them. All five were previously charged with different conspiracy counts.

https://www.voanews.com/a/proud-boys-charged-with-seditious-conspiracy-in-capitol-riot-/6605800.html

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Trump wins easily 2024 unless in jail. Thats why the swamp is after him. 

Really?  Outside of Trump's un-American base, do you think voters will be impressed by Trump's actions and inactions on January 6?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wow , we now have people deciding for themselves  what democracy means , deciding for themselves what treason means and deciding for themselves what recession means .

People seem to be changing what words mean and making up their own definition 

An essential part of democracy is respecting election outcomes.  Trump fails miserably on that.

8 hours ago, nauseus said:

And as several here have stated before, Trump asked the crowd at the rally to go to the Capitol to protest "peacefully and patriotically". These words are well known by everyone who has followed this event at all closely but they are repeatedly ignored or blatantly omitted by this most recent kangaroo court, casting doubt on any shred of credibility of this hearing, that might gave existed otherwise.   

Right.  "peacefully and patriotically" and "fight like hell".

However in the post you replied to I explained how Trump could have called off his mob with a single tweet, but chose not to.  Instead he enjoyed watching the storming of the Capitol on television, and took no action until after it was clear the coup attempt had failed.

I also pointed out that people who support Trump and his dereliction of duty are not patriots but the opposite.  I can understand why you don't want to address that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Isn't that the Polices job, to keep civil order  ?

Its not the POTUS's job to tell the Police what to do . 

Trump wasn't the Chief of Police 

You don't think a violent assault involving thousands requires more than a police response?  You must have been outraged at the massive deployment of the National Guard during the George Floyd protests.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandrasternlicht/2020/06/02/over-4400-arrests-62000-national-guard-troops-deployed-george-floyd-protests-by-the-numbers/?sh=5e8ddaded4fe

I wonder why they didn't use the National Guard on January 6?  Oh yeah, Trump wouldn't activate them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is incorrect .

Trump didnt allow anyone who had been in China (in the last 14 days ) to travel to the USA and USA citizens needed to be tested and possibly quarantined on entry to the USA . 

So, it wasn't just Chinese who were barred from entering the USA , it was anyone who had been in China (apart from USA citizens who needed negative test)

You got that one epically wrong.  l arrived back in the US AFTER the new restrictions were put in place.  I was nervous about what would happen when we landed.  We had a lot of passengers from China -- I don't know their immigration status but they seemed to think we would face some type of medical screening.  There was nothing.  Nada.  Not even a medical desk.  No checks for fever, no questioning about symptoms.   

59 minutes ago, Credo said:

You got that one epically wrong.  l arrived back in the US AFTER the new restrictions were put in place.  I was nervous about what would happen when we landed.  We had a lot of passengers from China -- I don't know their immigration status but they seemed to think we would face some type of medical screening.  There was nothing.  Nada.  Not even a medical desk.  No checks for fever, no questioning about symptoms.   

Did you arrive back on a flight from China ?

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

You don't think a violent assault involving thousands requires more than a police response?  You must have been outraged at the massive deployment of the National Guard during the George Floyd protests.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandrasternlicht/2020/06/02/over-4400-arrests-62000-national-guard-troops-deployed-george-floyd-protests-by-the-numbers/?sh=5e8ddaded4fe

I wonder why they didn't use the National Guard on January 6?  Oh yeah, Trump wouldn't activate them.

There was mass civil disturbances in over 40 cities in USA over a week long period and the National Guard were called to get the 40 cities back under control in the Floyd riots and looting and arson attacks 

The Capitol hill protests was in one location for one day and everyone went home the next day , so there was no need for the National guard to get involved 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There was mass civil disturbances in over 40 cities in USA over a week long period and the National Guard were called to get the 40 cities back under control in the Floyd riots and looting and arson attacks 

The Capitol hill protests was in one location for one day and everyone went home the next day , so there was no need for the National guard to get involved 

Ask Mike Pence! ????

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Did you arrive back on a flight from China ?

No, the flight began in Thailand, then changed planes in South Korea and transited through Japan.   

24 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I know that comparing the Floyd protests to the Capitol insurrection is a right wing tactic to deflect and change the narrative.  It's not going to work with me.  They are two entirely different situations and equating them is apples and oranges.  

The Capitol insurrection had the aim to impede the working of congress and prevent the certification of a duly elected president.  You may not like that Biden won, but he did.  No matter how much crying and whining, Trump is and was the loser.   

The national guard should have been called in by the President.  They were not.  That is dereliction of duty, at a minimum.  Since you like to bring George Floyd into the discussion, remember the officers who stood by and watched were also prosecuted.  Think about that for a moment while defending someone who was willing to stand by and watch his VP hanged.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Credo said:

No, the flight began in Thailand, then changed planes in South Korea and transited through Japan.   

Yes, restrictions were for people who had been in China in the previous 14 days , restrictions weren't for Chinese people , just those who had been in China

15 minutes ago, Credo said:

I know that comparing the Floyd protests to the Capitol insurrection is a right wing tactic to deflect and change the narrative.  It's not going to work with me.  They are two entirely different situations and equating them is apples and oranges.  

The Capitol insurrection had the aim to impede the working of congress and prevent the certification of a duly elected president.  You may not like that Biden won, but he did.  No matter how much crying and whining, Trump is and was the loser.   

The national guard should have been called in by the President.  They were not.  That is dereliction of duty, at a minimum.  Since you like to bring George Floyd into the discussion, remember the officers who stood by and watched were also prosecuted.  Think about that for a moment while defending someone who was willing to stand by and watch his VP hanged.

It shouldn't work with anyone.

17 minutes ago, Credo said:

I know that comparing the Floyd protests to the Capitol insurrection is a right wing tactic to deflect and change the narrative.

To be fair .

I was replying to a Left winger who compared the Floyd protests and the Capitol hill protests and it wasn't me who was trying to deflect or change the narrative .

I was just replying to a question that I got asked .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

To be fair .

I was replying to a Left winger who compared the Floyd protests and the Capitol hill protests and it wasn't me who was trying to deflect or change the narrative .

I was just replying to a question that I got asked .

In 2014 I was described as leftist for opposing the military coup that toppled the elected government in Thailand.  Now I'm described as a left winger for objecting to the assault on the US Capitol in a attempt to prevent the certification of the 2020 election result.

It seems anyone who supports and defends democracy is a leftist to some people.

BTW, I'm a retired USAF officer.  I have always taken my oath to defend the Constitution seriously, unlike Trump.  And I consider myself a centrist.

• Thanks 1