Delivery woes:  Rider says he's eaten four large pizzas - argument over contact and address

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: Who was in the wrong!

Daily News posed the question as to who was in the wrong after a pizza delivery went pear shaped.

Pitchaya went on Facebook to leave a bad review after she ordered four large pizzas and gave her address.

The call center confirmed the order and online payment. 

But after one hour the food had not arrived. When she checked her phone there was a message from the rider. 

He said that he had been unable to contact her and so he had eaten the pizzas and handed them out to people in the area. 

Sorry, but there was nothing else I could do.

The lady said that he only needed to come down the soi and ring the bell. 

It should have been simple but now it had turned into a drama. 

Elsewhere a delivery rider went to get some mates and attack a man after an argument over delivery. 

Following the pandemic people in Thailand continue to use delivery services for many meals, with the inevitable consequence when this goes wrong being reported by the Thai press, notes ASEAN NOW.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Elsewhere a delivery rider went to get some mates and attack a man after an argument over delivery.

The Thailand we don't want to see.  Only in West this happens, not on my soi!!!!   Never!!!

I am a buddhist and I order 100 large pizzas to feed the soi dogs and let the homeless sleep in my mansion.    I am super hi-so falang, why get some mates and attack a man????

Reason #345349053484 don't use delivery apps

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Where you ordered that???? Name please ????

Pizza Co ...  ????

pepperoni, all of 399, best value meal out there.  Wife and I split, and usually a slice for the dog left.  I'm good for half, quite filling.

NY Style pizza.  Call first, make sure they have, many don't offer.  Our local one just stopped offering.????  Guess I won't be returning, since I don't care for their other pizza offerings.  More bread than anything, and I can make better in the toaster oven with good rolls.

If @ Krung Thep, and can't find, then SOHO pizza is also excellent.

not my photo of SOHO pizza:

image.png.3aa074611792ff9bad94d341df910f9e.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The call center confirmed the order and online payment. 

As far as I am concerned, payment would be made "on delivery"!!

To be honest I have never had food delivered, even during Covid-19 restrictions. I go shopping for quality items and prepare/cook all my own food which I enjoy doing - no Bangkok Belly!!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Pizza Co ...  ????

pepperoni, all of 399, best value meal out there.  Wife and I split, and usually a slice for the dog left.  I'm good for half, quite filling.

NY Style pizza.  Call first, make sure they have, many don't offer.  Our local one just stopped offering.????  Guess I won't be returning, since I don't care for their other pizza offerings.  More bread than anything, and I can make better in the toaster oven with good rolls.

Thanks, I'll try 

On 7/28/2022 at 12:46 PM, webfact said:

He said that he had been unable to contact her and so he had eaten the pizzas and handed them out to people in the area. 

Elsewhere a delivery rider went to get some mates and attack a man 

Managing to deliver food items from one point to another without a. Eating them, b. Getting your mates to help you gangstomp the customer, is difficult to master. 

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Pizza Co ...  ????

I eat SOHO pizza just about every day ????????????

2 nine-inch pies for B349 plus B15 delivery fee and B15 for Grab priority delivery. happy days ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Is that in LOS? Looks like a quality pie....

can confirm. I order from Suk 11 or The Commons Sala Daeng. Suk 11 is slightly better and very consistent in their quality. very cheesy. they give you chilli flakes and oregano too. oh and ketchup, the super sweet local brand but that's par for the course here. I like to slather my pizzas with the chili flakes, oregano and either Tabasco Habanero or Franks Hot Sauce. 

the only downside is that they seem to be out of pepperoni at both stores for the moment. not happy Jan! ???? 

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 12:46 PM, webfact said:

It's so sad that this is the go-to Thai response to an argument for so many.  They should feel embarrassed to have to resort to getting a gang together to fight one person.  No shame in these people.

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

can confirm. I order from Suk 11 or The Commons Sala Daeng. Suk 11 is slightly better and very consistent in their quality. very cheesy. they give you chilli flakes and oregano too. oh and ketchup, the super sweet local brand but that's par for the course here. I like to slather my pizzas with the chili flakes, oregano and either Tabasco Habanero or Franks Hot Sauce. 

the only downside is that they seem to be out of pepperoni at both stores for the moment. not happy Jan! ???? 

Made me hungry....Decided to cheat make my own with crispy garlic, oregano crust....

I like big crusts I can slice & butter like hot bread rolls....

IMG20220709145229.jpg

• Like 2